“Dissappointing service. Lacked ambiance.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico

Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico
4121 N Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3809 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-990-9844
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dissappointing service. Lacked ambiance.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Food was pretty good. However, we had a hard time getting an employee to acknowledge our presence. Went inside the very LITTLE, crowded and unappealing restaurant and stood there for 15 min. before someone told us if you want to eat outside you have to go back out the door then around the side of the building and into the little courtyard in the back of the building. We did just that as there was no room available inside and it was a nice day. Then we stood and waited and waited and waited again at the patio. Staff kept walking by us as we stood at the "Please wait to be seated" sign but no one helped us. Finally someone said to us there was no room (we think that's what he said) even though there were two small tables that were clean and open the whole time we stood there. He said we should go back inside...and wait. Once we sat down inside it did not take long to order and for the food to arrive but the server was very unpleasant. Food and prices weren't bad but probably wouldn't go back based on service and ambiance.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tempe, Arizona
“Old favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good food, nice service; an old reliable restaurant for traditional mexican food, parkinf can be a problem

Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Good food & great atmosphere in Old Town Scottsdale!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visit Scottsdale at least 2-3 times each year, and I always eat at Frank & Lupe's! Love this place! Good Southwest cuisine at fair prices, fun drinks, and great Mexican atmosphere with a Southwest flair. One of my favorite dishes is their chicken pablano - yum! Will be going to Scottsdale again soon and will definitely be going here for dinner. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“Delish!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is in a quirky little building but has a nice patio out back. We were there on a Sunday and were seated right away. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was really delicious. The salsa is flavorful and tangy but not so spicy that you can't enjoy it. Flavorful food. Fun wait staff. I would definitely go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sherrard, Illinois
“Fabulous!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

With so many Mexican restaurants to pick from it was hard for me to select one. This place was fabulous. It has a quaint area with a bar and a larger room off to the side and a patio out back.I was on my own so I ate at the bar. The wait staff was extremely friendly and efficient. I had a beef taco and fish taco. They were both the best I had on the trip. I also finished off with my favorite treat sopapillas with honey. I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Visited March 2013