“Old favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico

Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico
4121 N Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3809 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-990-9844
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Tempe, Arizona
“Old favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good food, nice service; an old reliable restaurant for traditional mexican food, parkinf can be a problem

70% Recommend
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Good food & great atmosphere in Old Town Scottsdale!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visit Scottsdale at least 2-3 times each year, and I always eat at Frank & Lupe's! Love this place! Good Southwest cuisine at fair prices, fun drinks, and great Mexican atmosphere with a Southwest flair. One of my favorite dishes is their chicken pablano - yum! Will be going to Scottsdale again soon and will definitely be going here for dinner. :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“Delish!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is in a quirky little building but has a nice patio out back. We were there on a Sunday and were seated right away. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was really delicious. The salsa is flavorful and tangy but not so spicy that you can't enjoy it. Flavorful food. Fun wait staff. I would definitely go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sherrard, Illinois
“Fabulous!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

With so many Mexican restaurants to pick from it was hard for me to select one. This place was fabulous. It has a quaint area with a bar and a larger room off to the side and a patio out back.I was on my own so I ate at the bar. The wait staff was extremely friendly and efficient. I had a beef taco and fish taco. They were both the best I had on the trip. I also finished off with my favorite treat sopapillas with honey. I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food, great bar service, OK hostess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

You can tell a lot about the service of a place by the way they treat single diners. I was traveling solo for work and this place was recommended to me by a local. It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to sit on their very large patio, but the hostess didn't want to seat me at a table that was meant for a larger party. Which I understand the business side of, but I don't necessarily think it's the best practice for good service. So I got a poorly placed table by the bar. Luckily, the bartender Sara made up for it with her great service and friendly personality. The food was all great, so the only drawback was the initial impression, which can go a long way.

Visited March 2013