“Delish!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico

Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico
4121 N Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3809 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-990-9844
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Gilbert, Arizona
“Delish!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is in a quirky little building but has a nice patio out back. We were there on a Sunday and were seated right away. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was really delicious. The salsa is flavorful and tangy but not so spicy that you can't enjoy it. Flavorful food. Fun wait staff. I would definitely go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sherrard, Illinois
“Fabulous!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

With so many Mexican restaurants to pick from it was hard for me to select one. This place was fabulous. It has a quaint area with a bar and a larger room off to the side and a patio out back.I was on my own so I ate at the bar. The wait staff was extremely friendly and efficient. I had a beef taco and fish taco. They were both the best I had on the trip. I also finished off with my favorite treat sopapillas with honey. I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food, great bar service, OK hostess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

You can tell a lot about the service of a place by the way they treat single diners. I was traveling solo for work and this place was recommended to me by a local. It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to sit on their very large patio, but the hostess didn't want to seat me at a table that was meant for a larger party. Which I understand the business side of, but I don't necessarily think it's the best practice for good service. So I got a poorly placed table by the bar. Luckily, the bartender Sara made up for it with her great service and friendly personality. The food was all great, so the only drawback was the initial impression, which can go a long way.

Visited March 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Opt out for Taco Bell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Greasy, flavorless, and worst than mediocre. We had heard from locals that this was the place for Mexican food. It was not. I don't know what it was like in the past, but let me say that it seemed to be a tourist trap for bad food tonight. You would have better luck at Taco Bell.

renton, wa
“So flag we found this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband, son and I were on our first visit to Scottsdale today. It was early afternoon and we decided to find a Mexican restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale. I googled the area and a list of places came up. Frank and Lupe's was the closest so off we went. We were ready to go and be seated in the front restaurant until I noticed a sign that pointed to the patio in back. What a great surprise.....fun outdoor bar with bar and table seating. There is also another fun indoor eating area right off the patio with a full bar....so in all three full bars in this establishment. We were lucky to hit Happy Hour.....half price Margarita's and appetizers. The nachos my husband and I shared were some if not the best we've ever had. Son had a picadillo burrito with rice and beens and loved it! So happy we stumbled on to Frank and Lupe's......highly recommend! The prices are very reasonable without Happy Hour.....so don't miss this one!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere