“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,023 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The most authentic Florentine experience in all of Arizona!
Ramsey, NJ
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had taken a customer there while traveling to Las Vegas and then Scottsdale for business in Dec., (based upon some great reviews I found on trip advisor!), and we both loved it! It's a small, cozy place, and I was glad to have made reservations; It was Thursday night and the business was quite brisk! My client had homemade ravioli, I had the Salmon Pistachio (the most tender fillet ever!), and we shared a huge Caesar salad...perfection! Great selection of wine, too. Met the owner, Franco, who was cleaning off tables...talk about being humble! Wonderful man; wonderful restaurant. Will be back when I return to Scottsdale; highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic Authentic Authentic! Believe the reviews this is the real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I have been on the hunt for authentic Tuscan/Northern Italian food since our return from Italy. The search ended last night at Franco's! You will not be disappointed!

Tucson
“Fantastic and authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Four people were in our party. We had reservations, and needed them; the place is small. Franco's daughter was our waitress and she was great. The Negroni drink was delicious (if you like Campari) and the wine selection was great as well. It was our first time at the restaurant, and since we couldn't decide what we wanted, she offered us a sampler plate of 3 of their pasta dishes. Do this if you can't decide! It was a very generous portion of each (Pasta Erbe Aromatiche, Ravioli, and Fettuccine Tartufo were our choices)- and the ravioli was the favorite of the group, with Pasta Erbe Aromatiche a close second - although all of them were wonderful. Pasta was cooked perfectly. Each couple then shared an order of the mixed grill, which was equally delicious and perfectly cooked. The restaurant wasn't super packed, so Franco came and talked to us for a little while. He is a very nice man, and interesting! For dessert we ended up with a sampler plate of all them to try - so stuffed, but so delicious that nothing was left on the plate! If you only get one, get the Merenghata - a cake that is his families recipe and not something I've seen in other authentic restaurants. Next time we are in the Scottsdale area we will definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best italian in scottsdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to this fabulous restaurant, we met Franco himself we did not have reservations but were not turned away!
My husband had the halibut special, I had ravioli special, true italian food felt like you were in Italy.
Small restaurant so make reservations.
Will retun, need to try if you love REAL italian food!

Visited November 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Authentic flavors of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant is offering you many Italian dishes from Tuscany and elsewhere in Italy with a focus in northern Italy. Is an upscale fine dining and because is a small restaurant a reservation is a must specially in the busiest days and ours.
I am Italian and I was living half of my life in Italy visiting the best restaurant in all region of Italy, I can say that at Franc'o I find the same original flavors of my country. Every thing is prepare with the perfection of a fine restaurant. Fishes, meats, pastas etc. One of my favorites is the seafood salad. They have a small, but excellent wine list and a full bar. The service is impeccable and the owner is very often there for receiving the customers.

• Visited July 2013