“Best Buffet Anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 1,023 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Experience a taste of New Orleans in Scottsdale, just off the casino floor at Ocean Trail. The height of sophistication with its sleek, modern decor, Ocean Trail delights not only your taste buds with exceptional seafood, but your sense of style as well. This exclusive 19-seat Scottsdale seafood food bar is consistently given top reviews, and is the ultimate destination for New Orleans style dining in Scottsdale. Guests marvel at its fresh Creole offerings, a rarity among restaurants in the Phoenix area.Items on the delicious Ocean Trail menu include raw oysters, steamers, Cajun style boils, and of course delicious clam chowder. Each made to your taste on a spiciness level between 1 and 10, and freshly prepared in front of you at the restaurant's open cooking station. In addition to an amazing seafood menu, Ocean Trails offers specialty cocktails and great specials. Delicious lunch specials are available Monday through Friday as are happy hour specials Monday through Friday 4pm - 7pm.
Lombard, Illinois
“Best Buffet Anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

On a recent visit to Chandler, AZ, a Chicago friend, who has recently relocated to the area, suggested dinner at the buffet at Talking Stick Resort and Casino in Scottsdale, AZ.
I had my doubts since most casino buffets have been described to me as "Golden Corral" venues, meaning lots of food of "ok" quality.
Well, was I surprised! The room itself was overwhelming, and the service impeccable! I'll suffice to say there was so much to choose from, and one item better than the next. Entrees representing every country, with the quality of a fine restaurant, and everything was fresh.
The dessert counter took up the entire center of the room, with everything your heart could desire, including gelato and sorbet!!!
The price could not be beat.....$29 including beverage, lobster claws, crab, etc, etc, etc.
It is worth to visit, and ask for a table with a view; it can't be beat!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Scottsdale
“Delicious shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

They prepared a great meal in very little time. The service was excellent. I've been there several times and each experience is great.

Visited February 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Great seafood gumbo in the middle of a casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Sat at the bar and watched the chef make my gumbo in front of me. Nice and spicy, but not too hot. Fresh seafood quickly prepared and a nice meal. Pleasant service.

Visited January 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“What a delightful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I are "Snow Birds" - midwesterners who come to Scottsdale, Arizona to escape the cold and snow (today at home it is 4 degrees - and here in Scottsdale it is 75 --- ). We love to eat more than we love to cook - so exploring local restaurants is a source of pleasure while we winter away from home.

A "local" - a transplanted, former co-worker with my wife - has helped us find several great restaurants here in Scottsdale. When asked where to go for some good seafood, she steered us to a local Casino - Talking Stick. My first reaction was, "You have to be kidding." We can count our trips to casinos on our fingers and still have several left un-bent. Loud, smoky, tacky - those are first of many negative words that come to my mind. So - being sent to a restaurant in a casino - by someone whose food knowledge I respect - was a surprise. Without the guidance and recommendation I never would have considered it.

But - we went. The Ocean Trail restaurant is on the edge of the casino floor- in sight of the slot machines - but the air was fairly clean. It is nothing more than some seats around a bar ---- but, a very special bar. The preparation of the food takes place right in front of you - in steam-heated cooking units designed for cooking individual dishes and single meals.

I started with a New England style clam chowder - good - and went on to a Louisiana shrimp gumbo -- I choose the medium level of spices --- it was delicious and a very generous portion. My wife started with a Caesar Salad and followed that with a large bowl of steamed Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) Mussels. We were both impressed with the quality, prices, wines, and the service - and we were both very happy that we found our way to this little island of New Orleans - inspired eating pleasure.

And - if my review can do for anyone what the advice from our local contact did for us - namely, "Go There!" - then I will have made someone very happy ...

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband had the Gumbo with shrimp and crawfish and he loved it. I had the seafood creole and it was great.
One hint though........should only have 5 or less on the hot scale.
The portions are huge. We had the lunch size and thought it was big!!!

• Visited December 2012