Remington's Restaurant at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort
7200 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85253-3633 (Paradise Valley)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #413 of 1,023 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Description: Recognized as a premier dining spot in Scottsdale.Remington's Restaurant, located at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, features delicious American cuisine. Whether dining on the vine-covered patio with its garden setting or indoors under the unique hand-painted skyscape ceiling surrounded by original works of art, lunch or dinner is a relaxing and mouth-watering experience. Remington's is available for private parties up to 225 people and also hosts cigar and wine dinners throughout the year. The lounge features an excellent selection of premium cigars, wines, spirits and live jazz music in the lounge Monday through Saturday.Lunch, Monday through Friday:11:00 am to 2:00 pmDinner Nightly: 5pm - 10 pmLounge hours 11am-10pmClosed SundaysLocated on the Southwest corner of The Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Date night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I went there for dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant was decorated beautifully with all the pretty Christmas lights. Our server, Peter was very kind and professional. He made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Their menu was a la carte. I had the garlic lemon shrimp and the garlic mashed potatoes. It was excellent! My husband had the Tournedos Oscar, and the 4 cheese mac & cheese. His steak was nice and tender but it lacked in flavor, and the mac & cheese was okay. Our overall experience was positive.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TheScottsdalePlaza, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Remington's Restaurant at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review Remington's, Kay! It's always nice to hear what our guests are saying about us. I'm truly proud to hear that you had such a positive dining experience and that Peter was able to take care of you. I do hope you and your husband visit us again soon for another date night! Have a happy New Year!

Sean Sachs
Vice President of Sales and Marketing

USA
“Christmas Pre-Fix Menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Remington's offered an upscale dining pre-fix menu for Christmas day. We were able to make a reservation right away and were seated promptly after enjoying a cocktail with live piano music in the lounge. At $58 pp the choices were fabulous. We ordered the Filet Mignon and the Seafood Risotto all heavenly. The general manager was nice enough to even lend us a pair of reading glasses when we forgot ours! Lots of locals (mostly a mature crowd). Southwest decor. Loved it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I am extremely proud to hear of your wonderful dining experience and enjoyment of our Christmas meal. Our team always looks for ways to go above and beyond and I'm very pleased to hear they took care of you. Thank you again for dining with us and have a happy New Year! Come back anytime!

Sean Sachs
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
arizona
“Expensive mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I think the happy hour with a half price coupon might be worth while, but the restaurant features very average food at above average prices. Getting tired.

Visited October 2013
TheScottsdalePlaza, Vice President of Food and Beverage at Remington's Restaurant at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and for bringing your concerns to my attention. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and I apologize for being unable to meet your expectations. If you would be willing to give Remington's another try, I would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you.

Scottsd
“Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'd like to thank the entire team at Remington's for making our 22nd wedding anniversary dinner a special event. Thank you Michael (manager) for putting together a beautiful table with the flower petals and extra candles. My wife found it very romantic. Thank you Victoria for your excellent and attentive service through out the evening. It takes a lot to handle a table for over 2 hours while they enjoy their dining experience. You were there when we needed you and yet left us alone to enjoy our celebration. That's a fine line to walk, but you did, and you did it well. Veda, we appreciate you busing the table as you did in a timely manner and keeping our water glasses full. Overall, we had an excellent dining experience and look forward to seeing you all again! Give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Food and Beverage at Remington's Restaurant at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us. It was our pleasure to make it as special as possible and we will be sure to share your compliments to Victoria, Veda and the rest of our team here. Congratulations to both of you on 22 years of marriage! Take care!

Mesa, Arizona
“Would Never Go Back Again and would not recommend that Anyone go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was looking to take my mom out to nice dinner for her birthday. I made reservations online and put in the comment section that we were celebrating my moms birthday. I was surprised to not get a confirmation that they had received my reservation. I had to call the restaurant direct to confirm that they had received it ok. The hostess was very nice and stated that they had received it and also noted that we were celebrating a birthday.

Now for the night of dinner. I was very surprised to walk into an empty restaurant and only find one other table (must have been a VIP table as the executive chef was their speaking with the table). The lounge area looked like there was a private birthday function. The music for lounge are was very lively and sounded wonderful. The waiter arrived and brought us water I asked to look at the wine menu. He came back about five minutes later, I ordered a glass of cab and my mom (birthday girl) ordered an ice tea. We also ordered an order of crab cakes as an appetizer. About 6- 8 mins later the appetizer came out with this plastic dome that you use to reheat food in the microwave so it does not splatter everywhere. The first thing that I noticed when the dome came off was that the crab cakes were burned. I was very skeptical that the crab cakes would be edible since they looked burned. First bite was crunchy and dry. When the waiter came back I asked him if he could have the chef that was still talking with the "VIP Table" since we had arrived at the restaurant. A few minutes later the chef arrived at our table and we showed him the dry and burned crab cakes. He apologized and re-fired the crab cakes. The second round of crab cakes came out the same way as the first. We just ate them and moved on hoping that the next course would be better.

After our first course was cleared we had noticed that now the assistant manager was now the person speaking with the couple at the "VIP" Table. It was also nice to see that it looked that there was someone celebrating a birthday in the lounge area and they were taking a desert with a candle. As the waitress presented the dessert the band that was playing sang Happy Birthday.

As our main course came out I had noticed that our drinks had yet to come out. I asked the waiter about our drinks and he had to ask our orders again because he could not remember.

I had ordered a new york strip medium rare that came out again with the clear plastic dome and my mother had ordered a shrimp dish. Looking at my moms dish she was served many very large shrimp and my steak was presented well with a garnish of mashed potatoes. As soon as In cut into my steak I had noticed that it was extremely over cooked. (How do you mess up a quality piece of meat?) I asked the waiter to let me speak to the chef again so he could take a look at the meat. We waited about 5 mins and no chef came. I noticed that the waiter went over to the "VIP" table and spoke to the manager and she came over. She asked if there was something wrong with my dish. I had stated to her that I was waiting to speak to the executive chef and she stated the chef had gone home "because he was no longer needed," Really I guess my table meant nothing since the VIP table already had gotten their dessert. I asked the manager what she thought the temperature was on my steak and she immediately stated medium well. No where near medium rare. Again she offered to re-fire my main course. As I was waiting for the steak to come out our sides that we had ordered got cold. Finally about ten minutes later my new steak comes out and I touch it with my fork and notice that the steak is very soft. I then cut into the steak and sure enough its completely cold red center. I looked at the manager and told her that there was no way that this steak was cooked to 135 degrees for a medium rare steak. She said that it was a 135 degree steak. I then told her I would keep it since my mom had already finished her mea which she said was very good. On a side note the macaroni and 4 cheese was very good.

Now comes to the bill why was I not surprised to see I was fully charged for a horrible meal. The only saving grace was that I had a groupon for the dinner. But still seemed to be very expensive $100 for a new york strip, shrimp, order of crab cakes, 1 glass of wine, 1 iced tea, and two sides.

But then I was even more shocked that they did not even wish my mom a happy birthday or even bring her a dessert how they had for the other couple.

This whole evening was a very disappointing. I was shocked on how bad of quality of food and customer service for signature restaurant at a Scottsdale resort.
I was wanting a special night for a my mom and was seriously disappointed. There are many more placed within 2 or 3 blocks that are better that this restaurant for the same price point.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rick W, General Manager at Remington's Restaurant at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Alex, I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience at Remington's was not as enjoyable as it should have been. It is never our intention to fall short with our guests, and for that I truly apologize. If you are available to contact me at your earliest convenience, I would love to hear more about your situation and have the opportunity to make to make things right. I hope to regain your trust in our restaurant and serve you better in the future.

Director of Food and Beverage