“Good but not the best.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grimaldi's Pizzeria

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
4000 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 86314 (Downtown Scottsdale)
(480) 994-1100
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Elyria, Ohio
“Good but not the best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I know this place is one of NEW YORK's most famous pizza shops but the pizza is not the best I have ever had it's good but I have had better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Boulder, Colorado
“Place to go for Excellent Thin Crust Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was recently in Scottsdale with friends for a long weekend and the last night we went here for pizza........YUM! I love thin crust pizza and this was excellent. We all ordered a personal size and it was more than I could eat, but we all got to have what we wanted on it. They advertise their pizza as NY coal fired, though I am not sure exactly what that means. What I do know is that it was very good. I took mine home and it was even good the next day! We also ordered a bottle of red wine from Italy that was excellent too. I believe they have 3 different locations so if you are ever in Scottsdale hungry for pizza.....this is a must try!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pizza was very good. But it was very loud and a bit cramped because tables were very close together. It seemed like the staff was overwhelmed a bit by the lunchtime crowd.

Visited March 2013
Mississippi
“Great Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here with a couple of friends on a recent trip to Scottsdale to see some spring training baseball games. The area where the restaurant is located is very nice. The restaurant itself is warm and inviting. The pizza was very good. Thin crust baked in a coal fired oven. The personal size is plenty big enough for one person, it's bigger than you think. I was hungry and thought I needed a small and ended up taking half the pizza home, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

One thing I did not like was that the way you order is a sort of build your own pizza with the toppings priced seperately. The personal pizza starts at $9. I don't know what that includes, maybe just the crust. Then each topping is priced seperate. For example pepperoni is $2, mushrooms are $2, onions are $2 etc. The unfair thing is that the topping price is the same whether you are ordering a personal pizza or large pizza. I'm not a genius but it seems like you would get a lot more toppings for your money if you ordered the large than if you ordered a personal. Anyway, getting the pizza like you want it can add up.

Another thing about our visit was that though it was a Monday night and it didn't look like the restaurant was incredibly busy, our order took extraordinarily long to come out. I think it was probably an unusual occurance. The manager came over and explained that the oven was slammed and apologized. I thought that was a nice and responsible way for the restaurant to handle the situation.

Overall, I would definitely recommend a visit to this pizzeria!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good wine great pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This place has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere, wait staff very friendly, great wine selection. Family style salad could be a little more exciting, pizza is very good. Be careful this place can become a little pricey!