“Very Disappointing Experience at this Restaurant” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bravo Bistro
4327 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3316 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-481-7614
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #742 of 1,067 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Gilbert, Arizona
“Very Disappointing Experience at this Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I dined at Bravo Bistro hoping to find a wonderful, enjoyable Italian restaurant in the heart of Scottsdale. We were disappointed in the food, the ambience, and the service. The food was mediocre at best: I had veal scaloppine that was bland and very salty; and he had veal marsala that was flavorless. We asked for bread with our antipasto and were brought warmed pita bread. An Italian restaurant without bread and olive oil??? Our server hurried us as there were people waiting for tables (we did have reservations) and the ambiance was loud and uncomfortable. We won't be going back; especially when there are so many wonderful restaurants in that area.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Haven't been in a while but use to go regularly when I lived in South Scottsdale. Delicious food.

Scottsdale, AZ
“so not worth it, sub par food and wine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I am not one to complain but I have to tell you about our experience with Bravo Bistro in scottsdale
When making the reservation, we were asked if we had a groupon. Then we were not presented with a wine by the glass menu just a verbal from the waitress. We were supposed to get up to $16 glass of wine each, had to guess at how much it was. Judging by the wines by the bottle I recognized a half dozen that are retail $9.00-$12.00 a bottle and they were priced at $35 to $55. We ended up with some very warm swill, certainly not quality wine. After placing our order she had to check with the kitchen then came back and asked if we had a groupon and she wanted to see it. I had our appetizer and was already eating, I told her I was not going to stop eating dig around in my purse. She came back again and my husband asked if we were going to receive smaller portions due to the groupon. She said she needed to hand write up the order a special way with the groupon.

Our appetizer "for two" was small and then my husbands "32 oz" Osso Busso was approximately 10 oz. My "Prime" filet mignon was certainly not prime it was stringy and the mashed potato was hospital cafeteria style, fresh out of a box.. I have been in the restaurant business for many years and I know a rip off when I see it. The tip was added at 18% which I did not have a problem with. For $75 we got a sub par meal with mediocre wine at $9 a glass. We just moved to the neighborhood and eat out 4 nights a week on average, but we will never go to Bravo Bistro again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Not good for large groups and only two beers offered.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were warned that the upstairs was for buffets and we used it as a order off the menu room. We held a party with around twenty people. We had a our own bar however it was run by our ONLY waiter. twenty people and one waiter/bartender not the best schedule written by the owner when we had this planned for over a month. Food was luke warm and pasta came out cold.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Happy Diner NYC Return Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Revisited restaurant during Allstar Baseball Week. Had the pleasure bring a group of friends with me. The meal,hospitality and sevice was as I remembered on my last visit. It is nice to see local independent resturants thriving. I will be back. Bravo! to Bravo Bistro

• Visited July 2011