“Great place to relax and unwind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Kierland Villas

You added Westin Kierland Villas to your Saves list
Westin Kierland Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   15620 North Clubgate Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Longer Stays= More Saving
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, New Jersey
“Great place to relax and unwind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Got a special mailing and price that I could not turn down. Had to listen to the pitch, but did get half my money back in property credit. Well worth it. Super attentive folks and as nice as could be. I wish there was more color in the way of flowers and plants around the property.

• Stayed July 2014
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Wow! What a great review. Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind comments. I love to hear about our guests taking advantage of the area and participating in the many events and venues in Phoenix/Scottsdale. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scott Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I just returned two days ago after spending the most glorious vacation week of our lives at the Westin Kierland Villas. The resort unit itself was fantastic, clean, comfortable, and upscale. As we were able to use the pools at both the Westin Hotel as well as the Villas, we found ourselves shuttled (at Westin's service) between the two properties each day. The hotel's restaurants and bars were beautiful; we especially enjoyed having a drink with new friends outside overlooking the golf course each night listening to the Scottish piper. Dusk would fall and the lights would come on making this the prettiest hotel I have ever seen (inside and out). The attention to detail at both properties was incredible. All staff continually said, "How can we improve on our service to you?"

In addition, however, the Kierland Commons shopping and restaurants make this area truly fantastic. Although we had a rental car, the Westin shuttled us to our favorite restaurants where we could enjoy wine with dinner without worrying about the drive back to the resort.

We loved Phoenix - went to the Diamondback game and had a blast. Our GPS from home worked wonderfully in the rental car and we learned that there was no place we couldn't navigate to and from easily.

We will exchange back into this resort each year. I have stopped looking at other places now...nothing else compares. We have found paradise.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are great. We had both sides of the Villa (A and B). Although we used the larger...
Green Features: This hotel recycles. Love the ceiling fans in the unit as well as on the deck. We sat outdoors each night and kept cool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your praise of our team. I'm very pleased you and your husband found so much to do in Phoenix. I am especially honored to know you plan on returning. I know you have many choices and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back next year.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Do not second guess this property--it was great! The villa's space was a warm welcome to an ordinary small hotel room. Suitable for a girls' getaway or a romantic retreat. The villas are within walking distance to the main Westin hotel building and there is access to their pools and terrific lazy river; however, the villas have their own pool which is a true winner! Note for Spa-goers: I was not impressed with the tour of Kierland's "Agave Spa" so I went to the Fairmont Princess' "Willow Stream Spa", a $12 cab ride away and received supreme bliss enjoying their roof-top pool, waterfalls and the luxury works! If you are so inclined, take a 2.5 hour drive to view the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your recent stay and your review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased you found the rooms and amenities suitable for your needs. I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Kierland Villas very soon.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

So a group of about 5 families that we are close friends with decided to stay at the Westin Kierland Villas for a little 4th of July Staycation. They had really great summer rates which made checking out this beautiful resort affordable.

First off check in was a breeze. I even went and got the "free gift" from the concierge knowing I would be opening myself up to a time share "opportunity". However much to my surprise I was given some info on these opportunities and it never got to the point of a hard sale to listen to the time share presentation. The concierge also provided a nice overview of the resort and all of the amenities as well as providing us free bottled waters.

Our room was very spacious with a small kitchenette/family room and a separate bedroom area. It had a mini-fridge that actually worked which was nice. We also used the coffee maker which many in our group found hard to figure out but my wife didn't seem to have a problem with it. Overall it was one of the nicer rooms I have ever stayed in. We are owners with Marriott and have stayed at many Marriott time share properties and the Westin is just as nice if not nicer than the Marriott's.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the pool area was at the Villa's. Normally at a time share resort like this you have to go to the fancy Resort and Spa next door for a fun pool experience. However I actually enjoyed the pool area at the Villa's more than the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa pool area which we checked out one day. The Resort and Spa area was very crowded. Where the pool area a the Villa's was just right and had a fun pool and water slide for the kids. Plus the staff at the Villa's made the day fun with all sorts of fun activities that kept the kids and adults entertained. It almost felt like being on a cruise ship.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I enjoy vacationing with friends. I'm glad you and your friends decided to spend the 4th with us. I always enjoy hearing feedback from owners of other resorts. I appreciate your kind comments and am glad you had such an enjoyable vacation. I will especially be sure and share your comments to our pool and activities teams. They love our guests and will be thrilled you were so impressed.

Brea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and stayed there for a week in June. Our two-bedroom villas was spacious and clean and the property was nice overall. However, the sound-proofing was not very good and we could hear conversations, an infant crying as if s/he was in our villa, and all sorts of noise. We asked for a different villa immediately and were told there was not place to move us although my wife overheard a conversation at the front desk that indicated differently. In any case, the entire stay felt like the concierge and other staff were solely focused on sales. We are Starwood Owners and this is a centralized sales center for Starwood. We were not made to feel like owners. Upon asking for golf reservations, concierge asked that I call the course on property myself. An owners update turned into a marathon scripted sales presentation that took half a day of our time. Probably should have walked out, but did not want to be rude. Our golf course view was of a rooftop and a couple of trees that lined a fairway, but could not really see the fairway itself. I could go on and on. Next door at the hotel resort, service was top notch so we spent more time there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I am sorry your stay was not to either your or our expectations. I don't hear many noise complaints (we do have block walls), but apologize we couldn't find a quieter spot. It was completely unacceptable for our concierge to direct you to book the golf. I will speak with the team to reinforce our guest focus. I would be happy to discuss this in greater detail if you would like to give me a call. Thank you for your feedback and I hope we can find a way to regain your trust.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family recently stayed at the Westin Kierland Villas for a week. We have 4 young boys, ages 6, 4, and 2 (twins). This hotel was wonderful!!! The hotel has a kiddie pool as well as two splash pads...these were perfect for my 2 year olds. The larger pool has a slide that my older kids LOVED!!! The villas and it's sister property, the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa have TONS of activities for kids. The Kids Club at both properties is VERY well run with GREAT sitters. Our 4 and 6 year olds had so much fun doing arts and crafts, cooking, Lego building, and attending the pajama parties!!! The restaurant on the villas property is McDowell Market, which not only had great food (definitely try the NY Bagel) but also really nice staff (and they were so helpful given that we had our hands full with our kids). At the hotel you've got to visit Deseo and try their ceviche. Great vacation! We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Building 1 houses the restaurant, kids club, check-in desk, and concierge. It's also where you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm very happy you and your four boys had such fun with us! Thank you for your great feedback. I hope we can see the boys again soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is our second stay at this property.
Pros:
The check in was easy, quick and very polite
The pool was nice, kids enjoyed the slide. Also had a very little pool for very young children.
The grounds as a whole was very clean and nice outdoor activities.
The one bed villas, has a kitchen and was very clean.
They have BBQ for outdoor family cooking.
Guest also have access to the sister hotel amenities if you like.
Nice well appointed small market.

Cons:
After a certain time (8pm?) the family pool closes and kids move to the adult pool.That ran off many adults without children.

They had a BBQ next to the family pool with a table. In the middle of cooking our food, we were advised to stop. That was not a public BBQ. It makes no sense to have a picnic table and BBQ sitting by a pool not for public use.

Room Tip: Room facing the interior of the property
Green Features: Would not be fair to comment when I was not paying attention. In general seems westin has implemented some green programs we have noticed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for returning to stay with us again and for your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I apologize for your experience with our BBQ. It is available for our guests, but we do have a grilling class/demo once per week. We should have placed a better notice directing you to one of our other nearby grills before you started cooking. I very much appreciate our Platinum guests and hope you will contact me if I can assist with your next vacation to Scottsdale.

Scott Caldwell

Been to Westin Kierland Villas? Share your experiences!