“Excellent. Wonderful, wonderful as Lawrence Welk would say!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Kierland Villas

You added Westin Kierland Villas to your Saves list
Westin Kierland Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   15620 North Clubgate Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Longer Stays= More Saving
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent. Wonderful, wonderful as Lawrence Welk would say!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We will definitely return. What a convenient place, so close to everything you might need.

The room was great and we have no complaints. Noticed one reviewer criticized bath, saying too narrow, I have to agree but also do not like a jacuzzi in a publicly shared tub. I know what happens in my own, in the jets, from dead skin BUT I have to say that mine seemed immaculate.

Our room was on the first floor on the "outside" with golf course right "there." No problem and no noise. Perfect. Bed perfect.

We enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. It's great to hear you have already decided to return. I look forward to welcoming you back. We do thoroughly clean the entire unit, including the jacuzzi jets between each stay. I hope to see you soon.

Scott Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are Westin vacation owners and traded our week in Avon, Co. for a week here. It is a beautiful property with two pools, close proximity to golf. shopping and restaurants. We had a premium room for just my husband and me, in the first building, overlooking the pools. The rooms have pretty much the same layout as most of the Starwood vacation villas, with two one bedroom units joined together. This time we only used one, when we travel with our children, we get a two bedroom. It was well appointed with glass ware, etc. Do note that even in the premium side, there is no oven. The shuttle service to Westin hotel and Kieferland shopping center was great. We used it to go to dinner several times. We walked to the hotel along the meandering back path for evening drinks. The staff was understood that we did not want another sales pitch, and after two phone calls, gave up on us.
The only down side was that one of the three golf courses, and manu others in the area, were closed due to overseeding of the fairways. They did not tell us this when we called the conceirge to make golf reservations. We still managed to find plenty of places to play, however.
I would definately return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. The golf courses do overseed in October to keep the grass green year round. I hope you were still able to enjoy your round. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed on a quick business trip to meet clients. Rooms/suites are well done and in very good shape but the grounds are just a little bit worn. The place was pretty busy with vacationers but it was still pretty quiet. It sits right on a beautiful golf course.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you choosing us for your recent business trip. I hope all went well and you can come back to Scottsdale soon. I hope on your return visit, you will find the grounds refreshed as you found the rooms. Please let me know if I can assist with any future trips here.

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I need a late check out and the front desk was so helpful that I was able to finish my round of golf and bubbly brunch before the check out.

You guys rock!

I would try to avoid handicapped rooms although they are generally bigger but the shower is not for me. It's a bit messy next morning.

Room Tip: try to avoid handicapped rooms although they are generally bigger but the shower is not for you unle...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I'm very glad we were able to accomodate your late check out. That doesn't always work out, but we try to be as flexable as we can. I always love to hear good comments about our service. I feel our staff is the best in Arizona, and appreciate hearing back from our guests. We try to occupy our accessable rooms last. This keeps them available for our guests that may need the features, and we do realize that configuration may not work as well for other guests. I hope it wasn't too much an inconvenience. I hope to see you during your next stay with us.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Returned last Saturday from 5 great days in the villas. We had a deluxe 1 bedroom for my husband, myself and our 16 k12 yr old. It was a bit tight with the roll away and the sofa bed in the living room. Wish we had a premium room. But our room location was great. Right on the corner overlooking the golf course. Had a great massage at Agave, loved the garlic fries with blue cheese at McDowells! Convenient walk to hotel and Kierland commons. The pool at the hotel was very nice, with lazy river and the attentive wait staff. Kids loved the Florider. We will Make a return trip! Loved Arizona!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I'm very pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable vacation with your family. The garlic and bleu cheese fries are new additions to our menu. I'm sure the kids were great at the flowrider. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you return soon!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here twice for 12 and 13 days each in October and November of 2012. the staff and facilities are the best............always wanting to make it better!Starting with check in our bellman, Jeramiah, really was on top of his game, got us off to the right start! Our front desk help with Andy and Cathy handling any needs during ourstays made it even neater, Robin was outstanding in the Market place, always so positive and upbeat......started your day out the perfect way!! Melody at the concierges desk was always wanting to call and help us with any needs. As you can can see Scott Cauldwell and Shannen Desautelle run an outstanding place to stay...............we wish it was 2013 and time to go back! They even had great weather for us!!
Joel Stonecipher

Room Tip: Higher floors in buildings 5 and 6 were quiet with great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mr. Stonecipher,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your stay on Tripadvisor. I'll thank all those that you mentioned for making a difference. I hope you can return soon. Please let me know if I can assist with your next stay.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We knew the quality of Westin from previous experience was very high, but our three day stay in October was, by fat the best! Every aspect was as smooth as one could expect, from check in to check out. Some of the highlights were a great 4th floor view of the mountains over the golf course allowing a spectacular sunset every night! The pool bar and adjoining market made it very difficult to leave and see friends and relatives. Had we had the time, we would have had them all over for a dinner party. The drinks and food was/is some of the best in Scottsdale. We really tried to go to the Hotel for dinner, but the Villas Market was too good to pass up. After we checked out we had to stay and have breakfast one last time at the Market. The ladies that cook and run the market (from the time they opened, we were told) are simply the best! I would recommend stopping in for a snack, meal. or apes, even if you are not staying there! Of course the two pools, one being 24 hour, the 27 hole golf course and pro shop were top drawer! We had such a good time at the Villas we really hated to leave. I think a first for us!

Room Tip: Ask for building four on the fourth floor. Great views and away from the crowds. Very peaceful and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review! I'm very happy to know you enjoyed yourself, and wil share with our Market team your praise. There are very many great dining choices very near, and you choosing to dine with us means a lot. Please let me know if I can assist with any future travel to Scottsdale.