“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
3rd N/t Free + $75 Credit
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for three days, and were very happy with the room, the service, and the location. After a disastrous day of travel getting to phoenix, we arrived at nearly four in the morning. We were well taken care of, and got quickly to our comfy beds and slept. It is a resort that is certainly geared to business travellers and conferences, but it is well located, so getting to thing is really easy. Didn't try the restaurants, the golf course, or the fitness centre, i am sure they are nice. We did take a dip in the pool, and the hot tub, both of which were nice, but it was a little cold out to really enjoy it for long. We had fun, thanks.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
srccdirector, Resort Management at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
While we are sorry to hear about your disastrous day of travel prior to your arrival, we are happy to hear that you were able to get some rest and enjoyed your stay once you arrived. Hopefully next time you will have the opportunity to enjoy one of our three restaurants. Thank you for the review and Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location , close to Scottsdale/Phoenix main attractions and shopping/resturant area
Simple decor , don't expect fence resort , but still a very nice one for the money
Friendly service
Nice pool area with hot tub
There is a 2nd pool area as well
Great place for golf

Breakfast buffet cost $19 but they give you voucher for buy 1 get 1

Of course you have to pay resort fee for $19 that cover WIFI , parking, tennis court ...

I paid only $68 at Priceline

• Stayed December 2012
srccdirector, Resort Management at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It is great to hear that enjoyed your visit and was able to experience our award winning service during your stay. We hope you keep us in mind the next time you are in Scottsdale. Have a Happy New Year!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

4th day of our road trip, a full day of driving to and back from the Grand Canyon, then a 5000 ft drop in elevation in the 1 ½ hr drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix - through some of the prettiest country I had ever seen. By the time we got to Scottsdale I was dead tired and pretty grubby. In the morning I had chosen the top 3 TripAdvisor picks to check out for the night and through Expedia I had one of them that was just too good to believe and went to check it out. Easy to find, especially late and in the dark for someone who didn’t know the area – just by following the little blue dot on my iphone ( 3 not a 5 ) I couldn’t believe my eyes when I pulled up – I literally drove down the long driveway, round past the entrance, out front again to check the address before driving back to the entrance. Now lots of places I have stayed at call themselves ‘resorts’ …but this was a RESORT. When the valet, doorman, concierge – whoever he was – greeted me at the door – again I asked if I had the right place and he assured me I did. He was my first impression when I walked in the door and throughout my whole stay here –every member of the staff treated me with the utmost respect and consideration – as I am sure they do for the more ‘refined’ clientelle that walks through the door( hey, I’m just a working class hero) This is always the first step in a memorable stay. Of course we both agreed it would be best if I parked my dirty little white truck with the blue motorcycle in the back – by myself – for no charge.
This place was incredible; I am simply not proficient enough with words to describe it adequately. It was gorgeous.. expansive, warm, cozy, impressive, unpretentious while still being overwhelming at times. It was all lit up in Christmas lights,ornaments, displays, trees, anything to do with Christmas- everywhere. It was so impressive that from the moment I walked in I was happy my Sweetie wasn’t with me this trip - we would be there still. And of course it was beyond clean, beyond spotless, it smelled like Christmas. It only got better from there. My room had two of the nicest queen size beds I have ever slept in, everything I had come to expect by now on this trip – iron/ board/hairdryer/ gorgeous flat TV with a great package, deadly fast wifi with an excellent desk setup, and plugs,plugs,plugs. And a few new things - the terry cloth robes hanging in the closet, over the room safe. The bathroom was marble, 2 sinks, killer water pressure – princess pressure for sure – plenty of toiletries and, once again, the phone by the toilet…………….must be the princess phone. This room was beyond spotless – high quality carpet, furniture, bedding, down pillows, artwork, it didn’t have just a clean smell – it smell like it had never been used. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I didn’t get the key for the minibar – for obvious reasons – and there was no microwave – again for obvious reasons. Of course everywhere was smokeless. I cleaned up, pressed my best pants and shirt, put my grubby runners back on and went for supper in a very elegant dining room. I knew it would be expensive- and it was- as any good restaurant will be – but again well worth the experience. Excellent serving staff – the Matrie’D was a bit taken back when he asked what kind of wine I would like and I ordered Corona ( beer is the new wine yaknow) but at no time did I feel out of place or unwelcome. Excellent service, excellent presentation, excellent meal ( the tenderloin was almost as good as back home in Alberta ). I also had breakfast here and again it was expensive. Other meals I simply drove out the entrance to Scottsdale Blvd, turning left and driving into ‘Old Scottsdale’. Plenty of choices. This was just an excellent stay at an excellent Inn. I stayed here for 2 days – would have stayed for more if I could have. It will always be my first choice in Scottsdale – one of the neatest little cities I toured though. Late one night I strolled through the empty halls and shot tons of video of this place – as I do for all the places I review. It’s my way of giving back to my fellow travellers. It’s true amateur video but as one of the community – you know it’s real and it doesn’t hide anything. This one is long and I left a lot on the floor but I put the room at the beginning, the rest is to try to give a feel of the place inside and out – and at night in a torrential downpour , which just capped off the experience. Those manicured trees along the entranceway – they were hanging heavy with grapefruit. But you have to check this place out yourself because you won’t believe it without seeing. Oh yes, the best part of the stay – the room cost $86 – less than anywhere else on the trip. There was a $20 resort fee – but with a golf course, tennis courts, pools, workout room , etc. this was definitely THE BEST deal in one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in. Ever. On a scale of 1 to 10 this deal was a 20.

Do yourself a favour - Check it out.

Video I shot is @ yolotraveller.com http://youtu.be/M74pBS3f80E

location @ googlemap @ yolotraveller.com

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for this very positive review of our resort its amenities and the service provided by staff. It is great to hear that we are one of the nicest places you have ever stayed. We appreciate your comments about our staff and will pass those along to them as well. Thank you for the recommendation, and hope you will be back to stay with us again very soon.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the SRCC for one week on a recent business trip. The experience started with the front desk when I checked in. The moment I gave them my last name the friendly front desk associate knew my first name. Amazing. The staff was always friendly and professional... it shows that this resort has good management and provides good training. I would stay here again just because every staff members made me feel at home. My casita was spacious and very clean, housekeeping was thorough and even replenished the amenities every day, the restaurant staff was brilliantly friendly.... I can't enough good things about the entire staff. The large meeting room was state of the art, the restrooms were clean, and the property was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The grounds were well manicured and there was an overall "happy" feeling at the resort, without being artificial. My only small criticism is that the Internet was slow, and the temperature controls in the casita were rather challenging at times. It was either blowing a whirlwind of air that was hard to adjust to the right temperature. But.... these are two minor complaints to an otherwise exceptional resort. You might be able to find something a little fancier but nothing more friendly. I plan to book a conference there next year just because of this terrific experience.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a few nights try the casitas. They are very quiet, you can cook your ow...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
srccdirector, Resort Management at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We love to hear that that you enjoyed the first class service that we so proudly provide here at the resort and that you will be returning next year. Have a Happy Holiday Season and we will see you next year!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center in Scottsdale Arizona for over a week. I did some else arch before choosing this hotel because I needed to stay so long for business.
It was perfect in every way!! With one exception...... When I checked in the receptionist indicated that I booked two rooms with Expedia for myself but I explained that of course I could only be 1place at 1time. Lol she then proceeded to tell me I needed to sort it it. I needed to call Expedia. I said are you serious but then she mysteriously came up with her booking dept and said they would handle it.. Just avoid some of receptionists at the front desk. The rest of the staff are top notch.. I loved the restaurants and food and usually I hate everything as I am spoiled at home with chef for a husband. Worth a stay, very nice overall!

Room Tip: Go to the Palms restaurant! It is excellent!! Very nice after a long day of business.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
srccdirector, Resort Management at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to dine in our award winning Palm Court restaurant. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in Scottsdale.
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We loved the grounds and style of this resort. My wife and I stayed for a quick couples' getaway. They were offering a deal with a $100 food and beverage credit with a one night stay. We ordered beers, chicken wings and a burger and had them delivered to the outdoor hot tub - and that burned our entire $100 credit, plus some. The hot tub was way too hot and a little small. The pool was nice and lightly heated, so it was nice to take a break from the hot tub.

The rooms are gorgeous, done in old Mexican hacienda style with thick, dark wood accents, nice, big beds, classy furniture and a big bathroom with a sink inside and a second sink and dressing area as well. We loved staying there, although the food prices were a little high and they stopped serving brunch the next morning at 11am.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
srccdirector, Resort Management at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. That’s great that you loved the grounds and style of our resort. We hope that the next time you plan a getaway in the Scottsdale area you will choose to stay with us again.
Ashaway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I just got back for a weekend getaway to Scottsdale Arizona, the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center was breathtaking when we arived at night. I stayed in a room inside the hotel and it was very large and had very soft beds, the golf course and pool/jacuzzi were very relaxing. It was a very nice hotel, i would recommend this hotel if traveling to scottsdale.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend our resort. We hope that you are able to return as our guest very soon. Thanks for the compliments.