“Delicious indian food with generous portions” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #387 of 1,067 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian, Halal
Description: Check Yelp :-) Why is Trip Advisor so far behind?
Description: Check Yelp :-) Why is Trip Advisor so far behind?
new York
“Delicious indian food with generous portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just went last night as a repeat customer. As a precursor to our meal, they served complimentary papadum (lentil crackers) with coriander chutney, tamarind jam and pickled carrots. Plentiful and complimentary! Most indian restaurants have cut back on these but Indian Paradise is still doing it much to the enjoyment of its customers. Ordered the chicken vindaloo, spicy; saag (spinach dish) and chicken biryani (spicy). I asked for all with dairy and it was complied with. All three dishes were well prepared and absolutely delicious. Hubby who normally is not a spinach fan ate 3/4 of the dish by himself--I had to hold him back so I could enjoy some. They also give as part of the chicken vindaloo and swag dishes, basmati rice. So much so that I took some home along with the other leftovers since the portions are very very generous. 3 people could have easily eaten with what we ordered. The restaurant is clean and attractive and the service was on point. We had done our research on indian restaurants in Phoenix & Scottsdale and THIS IS THE ONE. If you don't want to be disappointed or if you are bringing a visitor to an indian restaurant, don't waste your time and money and just go straight to Indian Paradise on Hayden. They also have reasonable priced buffets even on the weekends. BTW, I am not a relative. Just a super satisfied customer!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Savory Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Every single item my family and I have ordered during our many visits to this restaurant has been above expectations. It was suggested by a friend of mine who is Indian and I have been going there since. My kids love the palak paneer and the freshly baked naans.

Visited April 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Expensive, hit-and-miss food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If I could give half stars I'd give this restaurant a 2.5. I've eaten a lot of Indian food in my lifetime, and the quality of the food at Indian Paradise was haphazard. The channa dal was good, as were the chutneys and pickles, but the vegetable samosas were average (though large), and the baigan bharta actually tasted off. Our party ordered two tandoor dishes, and the pieces of meat were vastly outnumbered by a strangely huge quantity of onion and green pepper. Given the variable quality of the food, the prices seemed very high. Service was fine, as was the decor. The location was convenient if you're in North Scottsdale. If I were in the area again, I'd try a different Indian restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Well stocked lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We met a friend here for the Sunday lunch buffet. The buffet was well stocked with many fresh options. There were also several dessert options on the buffet. I thought the food was very good. Our friend, who is a native Indian, also enjoyed the meal. He is a vegetarian and had numerous items from which to choose.

Columbus, Ohio
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We took food for carry out for dinner. The alu(potato) chat was soggy and over cooked. The food was bad and stale. We ordered Dal makhani and it was smelling as if old. Wouldn't go back here. Don't know how the ambience and service at the restaurant is since we did take out. Located at a nice location. Middle of the town centrally located in a small strip mall.

• Visited February 2014