We just finished a 3-night stay at the hotel. The staff at this hotel are exceptional. During our entire stay we never once encountered a staff member that didn't greet us with a smile. Kudos to all of you! As I stated, this is a budget hotel.. but a nice one. There isn't a large spacious lobby or elegant dining. No fancy pool with swim-up bar or waterfall and no beautifully groomed gardens to walk through. BUT, for the budget conscious this is a great stay. The breakfast was above average and there was plenty of variety. The suites are large and clean. The beds and pillows were super comfortable and they actually had nice soft towels which is always a plus. Mini coffee maker in the room along with mini frig and microwave. The rooms were well insulated. We only heard a few noises while we were there and it was pretty full. I believe this is a hotel that the locals frequent for staycations.
They provide a complimentary Happy Hour form 5:30 - 7:00 in the evening. There is always coffee with creamers and hot tea available. They have a complimentary shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius. The pool is small but clean. There are lots of comfortable lounge chairs. I did not us the hot tub but they do have one as well a very nice fitness room. They also have a coin-operated washer and dryer on each floor for guest use.
The hotel is just south of Old Town Scottsdale. It is about a 15 minute walk. They have golf cart type vehicles that drive around Old Town and offer rides for a negotiable rate. If the hotel shuttle stops running and you don't want to walk back this is a great option.
If you like pizza go across the street to Oregano's. A local favorite. We also spent the afternoon at Postino's Wine Café on Campbell. $5.00 wine until 5:00 everyday and bruschetta that is absolutely delicious. We also enjoyed some evening music at The Rusty Spur and EVO. I recommend them both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are invited to Stay Smart & enjoy resort style amenities beyond your expectations at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale. Whether you are coming in on business or just to get away, this hotel in Scottsdale is a great location for shopping, fine dining, entertainment, night life,and much more! You will find yourself impressed with our award winning service, convenient location, and spacious suites featuring our Stay Smart bedding collection and showerheads, microwaves, refrigerators, pay-per-view movies, expanded cable with HBO and pull out sofas in each of guest suites. Our complimentary shuttle service will take you to and from Sky Harbor Airport and within a three mile radius of the hotel runs from 7am to 10pm daily(based on availability) to get you where you need to go. Your stay includes free high speed wireless Internet, free deluxe continental buffet breakfast, a free managers reception each evening, an outdoor heated pool and spa, business center, and fitness center. Some of the many nearby attractions include: Old Town Scottsdale, San Francisco Giants and Oakland A's Spring Training Facilities, Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, ASU Sun Devil Stadium, Downtown Tempe Mill Avenue, Phoenix Zoo, Desert Botanical Gardens, and Scottsdale Osborn Heathcare. Just to the north of us is WestWorld, home of the Arabian Horse Show, Arizona Bike Week and the Barrett Jackson Classic Car Auction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale