“Good Southwestern Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New Paris, IN
“Good Southwestern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped here for lunch at the suggestion of our shuttle driver. The food and service were very good and the price is very reasonable.

Visited February 2013

73% Recommend
Mineral, Virginia
“Very lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were in Scottsdale on Sunday afternoon to enjoy the art walk and shops and wanted Mexican food at an outdoor table. Barrio Queen is right in the 5th Avenue shopping district and had a nice outdoor dining area. We ordered a drink at the bar while we waited for our table, and were impressed by their wide selection of tequilas. The friendly bartender took our order immediately, but apparently due to the lunch hour crowd, the drinks were not ready until our table was called. Our outside table provided us a good spot for people watching, and our waitress was first rate...friendly, efficient, and very familiar with the menu. We ordered the freshly made guacamole, which was outstanding. See photo. It included some unusual ingredients including pomegranate seeds, citrus, and dates. No, we never had it made like that in Mexico, but we're not purists and we loved it. There was a nice assortment of tacos on the menu priced at 3 for $10 (?) and between the three of us, we tried the fish, the shrimp, and/or the salmon and enjoyed every bite. We would definitely go back and try more of their entrees, but we were very pleased with everything about Bario Queen except the slow bar service, which we excuse on a crowded afternoon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dan R, General Manager at Barrio Queen, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your tacos and guacamole at Barrio Queen, Scottsdale. Comments like yours brighten our day and are much appreciated. Your comments concerning our bar service will be taken seriously and we are constantly trying to improve in every aspect of service and food quality.
Scottsdale
“Good food, bad attutude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had made a reservation 2 days before, and when we arrived with out of town guests there was no reservation. Ok I understand things happen, but the attitude by the hostess was very dismissive. She said it wasn't her fault, and didn't even apologize. She was very rude. I think that if she had just been understanding it would have been ok. But, the food was good. Just didn't feel welcome.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments on your visit to Barrio Queen, Scottsdale. We take great pride in our food quality and I am very happy you enjoyed it. I apologize for the greeting you received at the host stand and this will be addressed with my host team. Please ask for me when you visit us again, I would personally like to meet you and make sure your next visit is perfect.
Clearwater, FL
“The Arizona Burrito was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Three of us went for lunch today and none of us had been before. We decided to share 3 entrees. We let the waiter pick. The AZ burrito is all that. Next time, I have one by myself. The tacos are also killer. The fish was best. Beef was great as well. The roast pork was a bit dry, based on the reviews, I'd try it again, the rest of the lunch was soooooo good, no deductions here. The service and ambiance were really top shelf. Old Town Scottsdale is a great people watching, shopping, eating, goofing off place to be.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dan R, General Manager at Barrio Queen, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on Barrio Cafe! I agree with you on the Arizona Burrito- it is also one of the most popular items on our menu! I apologize for the dry carnitas and will share the feedback with our Chef. Please ask for me on your next visit, I would like to personally thank you for the kind words!
Omaha, Nebraska
“Tacos very very small. Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food is good, but tends to be on the spicy side. Their speciality is mix and match tacos. Very good, but the soft shell tacos are only 3 inches in diameter...so on the small side. The Arizona burrito is good, but spicy.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for the feedback on the tacos; I will share your thoughts with our Food and Beverage team. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and hope you make your way back to Barrio Queen for another visit.