“A great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6902 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“A great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband, teens and I booked 5 days at the hotel in the beginning of October. What a great stay. The room was great, The pool was great and the I loved the gym. We drove to the local Safeway to get breakfast food, wine and beer which we could keep in our hotel fridge. It was nice to make a cup of Starbucks in the room while we got ready in the morning. We then purchased our second cup at the take-out cafe. I was provided a running route that I used, while my husband and kids enjoyed the balcony that looked over the golf course. The lazy river was great for us. While my husband walked 18 holes at a local golf course, in the 85+ degree heat, my kids and I hit the local malls and then returned to enjoy the lazy river. I enjoyed a cocktail by the pool too! My only wish is that the restaurants breakfast/brunch prices were a bit lower. My daughter and I went for a late breakfast one morning. We shared the french toast, had one egg each (I believe one egg any style was $3.50). I had a coffee, she drank water. The bill was over $40.00 with tip. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Be warned that when the hotel concierge calls your room and says that he/she has a gift for you at their desk, they provide you with a gift (I received a hotel brand beach style bag), and then they invite you to a 1.5 to 2 hour time share meeting. No thanks. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel has a great location near a small outdoor mall, adjacent to a golf course, and close enough to Scottsdale that you can cab it back and forth.

My room was on the 4th floor, overlooking the golf course. The room had a very nice bathroom of standard size, a small closet and a balcony that easily fit two. The room had all the typical Westin ammenities, no surprises. There was one surprise. From my balcony I could wach/listen to the bagpiper at sunset, which lasts about 20 minutes.

The property is large, but the pool is just a short walk from the main hotel entrance. The pool is amazing! There is an adult pool and then a great pool for the kids/families. Any kid would love it. I also heard several people rave about the kids programs.

Room service was prompt, food was warm, not too overpriced and of good quality.

The mall acoss the steet had several stores and restaurants - RA sushi, a fish house, a couple of chains. There was something for everyone as well as a Starbucks and Cold Stone.

Would I stay here again? Yes, especially with family.

Room Tip: Ask to look out over the golf course if you want to enjoy the bag pipers, but ask to be to the left...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mercer Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I want to start by saying that we got an incredible deal for our stay at this resort. If I had paid a lot of money for the room I may have been more picky. We had a nice stay and were treated very well. Every person we dealt with treated up very well and were eager to please. Originally we were put in a handicap room which we really didn't like. The bathroom was not at all romantic so we asked to be moved. They were happy to move us and we ended up in a much better room for us. The rooms were comfortable and clean and nicely decorated. I think 4 stars is the perfect level to rate them. Not as plush as you would expect at a 5 star, but very nice. The pool was nice with plenty of places to sit and very relaxing. As always the heavenly bed was wonderful. I would say the bath was a bit small and shallow. Being a bath person, I wasn't too impressed by that. Loved how close it was to the Kierland mall. Super easy to walk over for dinner each night. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: The handicap rooms are bigger, but you definitely lose some ambiance. If space is important you may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We encourage our guests to provide feedback about their stay so that we can understand what the highlights were, and where we are able to improve. We are delighted to hear that you felt welcome at our resort, as it is our goal to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. It sounds as though you enjoyed many of the resort amenities, and enjoyed walking to the nearby shopping and dining districts. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a great time at hotel but its has been two weeks since I checked out and still have three separate charges totaling $1500+ dollars on my credit card. Check out date 11/5 and its 11/19. Still with pending authorizations! Not necessarily a big deal for me but my advice leave some extra wiggle room on your credit card for the pending authorizations!

I have contacted Westin and send e-mail messages to Jessica Gray. Not really helpful ...placing the blame with credit card company.

Nonetheless besides the credit card issue. Enjoyed the resort! Spent time at restaurants, spa, and pool. Have stayed in other places in Scottsdale and this property stands out a little more due to proximity to shopping!

Room Tip: if you have a room facing the pool ... the sun will heat up your entire room. pick a room facing the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I live in Scottsdale and needed a Staycation. We chose Westin Keirland and it was the best choice for us. The rooms are immaculate and the extra amenities are over the top. The dessert bar on the lobby is irresistible. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. In a destination such as Scottsdale, with so many amazing resorts, we are delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us, and that you had such a wonderful staycation. From you photo, we can tell you definitely took advantage of one of the favorite spots, our Dreamweaver's Canyon. We are happy that you enjoyed yourselves and we will look forward to your return.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great views of the golf course and landscapes can be seen from most hotel rooms, if you want to take a vacation, thus is a good place to do so. I was there for a business event and found out internet access is very slow and poor quality. During breakfast, I ordered from the menu and my food was cold, so I suggest you take the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort surroundings and that you recommend others to visit. We are sorry to hear that you had some challenges with the internet, and you were not satisfied with your in-room dining order. We will be sure to share your feedback with our management teams so that we can make every effort to improve these areas for our future guests. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the future - maybe for a vacation instead of business next time!
cardiff, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed in the Kierland for a business conference. I had a junior suite which was very spacious. The customer service is excellent and the general amenities were also excellent. The restaurant was very good with a good choice of food. There is a small bar which was has a great atmosphere. The gym is OK for a resort spa - felt it could be bigger with better kit but I am being a bit picky. The hotel is very large and walking to the outlying rooms will take time - bear in mind if you have difficulty walking. The golf courses at the hotel are pretty good albeit not very challenging - big wide fairways!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!