“A Beautiful and Luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Kierland Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Westin Kierland Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westin Kierland Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6902 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Chicago
“A Beautiful and Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had my first experience with this hotel this past week and it was wonderful. I was attending a conference that was being held at the Westin Kierland and from the time I arrived through my departure it was an incredible experience. I stayed in one of the villas (rooms) and it was spacious, with everything I needed (large screen plasma tv, single brewer coffee machine (with Starbucks coffee), large bathroom, nice large balcony with table, chairs and lounge). The walk to the main hotel was short and nice. The hotel definitely caters to children - as there are a lot of activities for them - throughout the day - so, if you are looking for a romantic get-away this may not be the best place for you - otherwise, you cannot go wrong. I took advantage of their spa (got a massage) and it was excellent. The restaurants are great - my only criticism of the hotel is that their wait-staff needs to be trained a little better on basic skills (i.e. they never checked back after receiving my meal - and I ate on-site about 6 times; I had to continually request refills of beverages (i.e. coffee, juice, soda) - all of these things should just come automatically but didn't. Other than that, the food was wonderfully delicious (breakfast, lunch and dinner). They have great wifi throughout the hotel and grounds - so you are always with internet access (if needed). I would definitely go back with family for a pleasure trip and if another business trip comes up at the Westin Kierland, I will definitely go back as well.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a nice view - especially the villas.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

1,313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This resort caters to families with young children, so the pool area was very noisy! If I had known we never would have stayed here! We were hoping for a luxurious- relaxing vacation and sure didn't receive that staying here. I realize it was over Spring break but we just couldn't find a relaxing spot near the pool as kids were screaming all over the place. If you are looking for a romantic couples vacation do not stay here. Also the air conditioner really doesn't work well for the Arizona heat either. We vacation every year in Arizona and next time will stay at the CamelBack. Never- never again at the Kierland!!!!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We enjoyed the Easter weekend at this very classy resort. The Kierland is a delightful blend of easy elegance with a warm, welcoming staff. Be sure to take time to see their resident artist for an inspirational experience. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
st-jean-sur-richelieu qc.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I just came back from a business conference / pleasure trip.. at this hotel and it was fantastic..
this place is one of the best hotel resort and the biggest in this state .The hotel is great.. the food, the service, the rooms are big spotless..the beds are like a big cloud..the catering service is out of this world.. believe me.. outside you will find two HUMUNGUS.. POOLS ,
one for family activities with a lazy river , and food and bar service that is also very good, on the other side , you will find a big pool for adults relaxation..very quiet,for those how like to read
a book in peace & quiet.. the only.. negative point.. is bar service on this side is slow..the server are not at the adult poll to often for service of food & beverage.. but over all..this is a great place..and for the golfer.. you wont be disssapointed here .. this is paradise..!! 27 holes
PGA.. course..whatta ta-tow...!!! I was impresssed with this golf course.. .. Please .. be ready to spend a few.. $$$ .THIS place is not cheap. but.. rermenber the saying ..
EVERYBODY Wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.. it will cost you a bit more .. BUT..you will be in HEAVEN.. here... what more can you ask.. 340 days of SUN.. SUN.. A YEAR..also lots of places to visit and see.. excellent restaurant across the street.. the shuttle
service is the best.. !! they will bring you everywhere you want to go.. the driver are great..guys..and the staff at customer service are great people..and will reserve all the activities
or restaurants that you want to go with your friends & family..
this is heaven.. the WESTIN..KIERLAND.. if you have not been here.. you have missed something great..!!!

Room Tip: What can I say more than the view of the mountains are superb , I was on the 11 floor the view is ou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Tullamore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel, great staff, very well trained in customer relations but...
Having travelled almost 24 hrs straight we looked forward to this oasis in the desert.
Our only specific pre-arrival request had been for an upper floor room.
Upon check in, we were advised we had a "lovely room on the 4th floor with great golf course views"
The reality was palm trees just outside our balcony obliterated any view, but we could have lived with that.
However, the smoke from the open fires below completely smothered our balcony and stayed trapped there so we had no chance to use it for relaxation.
Both the concierge and receptionist were advised of our problem and both smiled pleasantly whilst thanking us for the feedback but offered no alternative.
We didn't want to make a scene so we accepted our 'fate'.
As an aside, we decided to forego the included full breakfast in favour of coffee and toast.
We were astonished to be billed $17 for 4 slices of toast and 2 coffees!! What's that about?
Would recommend the Westin Kierland Scottsdale but watch your step. Not great...

Stayed April 2012
Sterling, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed three nights at the Westin last week with our two little kids (age 4 and 8 months). The property is beautiful and they have a lot of activities for the entire family. We really enjoyed the adventure pool and lazy river and listening to the bagpipes by the golf course is a great way to end the day. My only complains was something I saw mentioned on another review and it is the fact I feel like they do nickle and dime you on everything. For a place like this I can see paying a lot for the room and having a resort fee, but then it seems like half the activities have an additional fee on top of the resort fee.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CT - USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Went to the Westin for a business conference. Resort/Convention Hotel that in most ways meets expectations - I'll get right to the odd stuff:
- Linens stored in hallway(see photos below). I was at this place 2 nights and there were 2 laundry carts outside my room in the hallway the entire time. One was for dirty linen and one for clean. My room and two others were at the end of a long hallway and the carts were parked right outside our door. The room rate was $299 a night and you would think the staff could take the the carts back to the Laundry at the end of the day.
- Plastic cups in the bathroom(see photos below). I haven't seen this since my last Holiday Inn stay.
- Interior Conference Rooms. Our group was booked into interior meeting space with no windows for our full two days. This really detracted from the whole point of coming to this place as we could have had four walls anywhere.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Kierland Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!