“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had a nice one-night stay here. The hotel was clean and quiet. The location of the hotel was just south of the expressway, though it was hidden in the back of an office park with no street signage, so it's a bit difficult to find, but once found is perfect. The breakfast buffet was good, but there was no meat to go with the rest of the items. Would certainly return to this hotel if I needed to stay in on the north side of Scottsdale.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Shorewood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had a too brief getaway in Scottsdale to relax and visit relatives... found the perfect place to do it.
Upon checking in my first evening, they were having a Managers Reception going on. Now that's service, check in and get some delicious snacks (I'd call it dinner) and a glass of wine! Found my room to be very clean and quiet. Parking was always available. Close to a lot of things I wanted to do. The staff, especially, Charlie, was great at directions and recommending where to take long walks and a hike; and Steve, did an awesome job with the evening receptions. Found the staff very helpful and friendly. The pool area and outdoor eating area were both very clean. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Trabuco Cyn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had a very pleasant two night stay here with my wife & daughter. Front desk employee Scott, was most professional and pleasant. I would wish every front desk employee that I ever encounter in the future would be the same as Scott. When looking at various options in booking our stay in Scottsdale, three items were important. 1) all suite property. 2) free internet. 3) nice cozy pool 4) free breakfast. This property fit those wants. Our room was a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with kitchen and sitting area. Plenty of space. Internet worked well inside and pool side. Since the property is 12 years old, and believe the in room furnishings are as well, would hope soon down the road they might modernize. Beds, however were very nice. Would I stay here again...yes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had the great luck to have made a reservation at the hotel next door to the Marriott Residence in at 6040 North Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale, AZ. That hotel had my reservation, they just didn't have a room to go with it. How was I lucky? I was "walked" over the Marriott where I discovered the uniformly nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered.

I have traveled the world and have great and not-so-great experiences in hotels from the Red Roof Inn in Wheeling, WV to the RItz Carlton in Istanbul. My trip to Scottsdale was made incredible by the GENUINELY NICE AND CONCERNED staff of Edie Mayer. Everyone including front desk staff Brett and Wen and MOD's were enthusiastic about customer service and were also cheerleaders for Marriott - rather nice to see in an era of disgruntled workforces and economic distress.

Kudos to all at the Scottsdale Marriott Residence Inn. THEY ROCK IT!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My friend and I stay at this Residence Inn every February on our golf trip. The rooms are great and we enjoy having breakfast included and convenient. This year, however, we did have a problem and we were not happy at how it was not resolved. One night a rowdy and drunken crowd were by the pool for much of the night. Despite repeated phone calls to the front desk, nothing was done. The next morning we were given the excuse that it was the desk person's first night on the job and he didn't know what to do -- so apparently he chose to do nothing. I would have thought that Marriott's training would have been better than that and I would have thought that when I went to the front desk in the morning to find out why nothing was done, they might have offered us a token something (extra Marriott points, etc) to make up for a night of no sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I come to Phoenix for baseball spring training every year, and I try to stay in different parts of town, or at least at different hotels. This was my first time at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, and I enjoyed my stay. There was a slight hiccup upon check-in, but the woman at the front desk nicely and immediately addressed the issue. This could happen at any hotel, so I focus only on how the problem is fixed, and she did a good job.

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the free drinks and snacks in the lobby during the evening (I think Mon-Wed?), and the free continental breakfast was the standard fare.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is slightly tricky to find from the street. But I will say that the hotel emailed about this a few days before check-in, referencing this issue and giving detailed directions. So it was expected and was no big deal.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We recently spent five days at this hotel at the beginning of spring training (March, 2014). We had a relaxing time and enjoyed the hotel very much. Every staff member we interacted with was upbeat, friendly and customer focused. During one particularly busy breakfast time everyone, including the hotel manager, pitched in to keep the food stocked, and they all did it with a smile and friendly attitude.

The hotel is about 10 miles north of Old Town and the Scottsdale stadium; there is a free bus service that runs from the hotel to the area all during Spring Training times. There are multitudes of restaurants and shops in the immediate area as well as grocery stores; our room had a full kitchen with stove top, oven and microwave.

The room was quiet and quite comfortable.

All in all it was a great hotel and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!