“Poor Front Desk Package Handeling” 2 of 5 stars

Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Hollywood, California
“Poor Front Desk Package Handeling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Stayed here as they were the overflow hotel for an event I was attending at the Talking Sticks Casino. Rooms and facility is all standard Courtyard my issue is with the service we shipped items for the event the items we shipped with my name and the reservation was in my name but I was not alerted that they had arrived and when I asked the front desk claimed they had never arrived, it was only after I requested they go back and look again did they find it at the 11 hour.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to review our package handling process at the hotel. My front office team and I discussed this process and I have confirmed that they understand each step of the process and have put checks and balances in place to ensure that we do not miss this opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Paris, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel EXCEPT you should refuse to be assigned to Room 227. This hotel houses a school ( yes, a school) on the 2nd floor, and the entrance to the school is right next to Rm 227. It has a heavy push bar door that makes 2 loud noises every time someone enters or leaves the school, which is OFTEN. The going and coming is at all hours because in off hours hotel staff goes in and out to clean. I notified the front desk, not expecting to be moved (I had been told the first night the hotel was full), and the front desk person acknowledged they knew it was a problem - several had complained. Marriott, I'm an elite rewards member - you need to listen and do something about this

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I researched your comment about the door that separates the hallway on the second floor and noticed that the front desk associate that you reported the opportunity to put in a request to have our Engineer address this immediately. We have addressed the issue and reworked the door so that when it is utilized it works effectively and does not trigger a disturbance. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I would like to invite you to reach out to me via email at ann.cvelich@marriott.com or via phone at 480-745-8200 so that I may discuss this situation with you and ensure that you are completely satisfied with this resolution. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Stayed 3 nights for Arizona Fall League First Pitch Conference. Staff was very courteous, Hotel rooms were clean with great amenities and Hotel provided Buffet breakfast for conference with quality food.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
I truly appreciate the kind words you shared in your review about your recent stay at my hotel. It is always a pleasure to share wonderful comments about the staff service, cleanliness and quality of food that we deliver to our customers. My team and I look forward to your return visit to our hotel!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This is a fairly new Courtyard property, and it is excellent. The rooms and common areas are very modern and have a functional yet stylish layout...par for the course with Courtyard, but this is essentially as new and nice as it gets for Courtyard by Marriott. I had colleagues visit me, and I heard a couple times, "this is a Courtyard?" The pool and bistro areas are particularly nice...the pool an unexpected very nice touch for a "business" hotel.

I love that this hotel has figured out how to have an attractive yet functional shower. Very tired of so many hotels trying to make glassed-in showers that are hard to get in/out of, or you have to step fully into the shower to turn it on (only to be blasted by freezing cold water). Their shower is damn near perfect.

I'm a big Westin fan, but dare I say the beds at this Courtyard give them a run for their money...fantastic.

Yes, I'm gushing, but I just can't believe how the value for this hotel - it's 5 minutes from a bunch of hotels that are 2-3x the price in Old Town. If you're a business traveler, save yourself some cash (and late night noise) and stay here...and you can still easily dine and have fun in Old Town with a short cab ride back to a nice, quiet, BRAND NEW hotel.

Most of the staff I met were excellent. The GM and front desk staff in the morning were exceptionally polite and interested in me as a customer and person. Very refreshing.

A minor ding in that their bistro service is a big slow and seems to be going through some challenges. While the food was great, the people ringing up customers (name tag said manager?) were a bit slow and seemed new and/or confused. I hope they work it out because the bistro was very busy.

I will absolutely stay here again, and I recommend you give it a shot, too.

Room Tip: North-facing room overlooking the pool area would be ideal. West-facing has a nice view...but in the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
What a wonderful review to read and share with my team! Thank you so very much for articulating your entire experience at our property. I am proud to be considered the "nicest Courtyard" and that your colleagues that visited the hotel felt the same way. I am so happy that you appreciated the shower experience as well as the bedding in our rooms - that experience is key to a relaxing, refreshing stay and it sounds like we accomplished that with you. I am so glad that you enjoyed the neighborhood the hotel is located in - so close to Old Town and accessible from the freeway. It makes getting around beautiful Scottsdale that much easier. Thank you for your comments regarding myself and the staff - we all take pride in our guest interactions, getting to know our customers and making them feel special. The Food and Beverage Manager and I have discussed the opportunity to speed up the ordering and "transaction" portion of the bistro experience. Next time you stay with us, I can assure you that part of your experience will be much more efficient. My team and I are anticipating your next stay with us and are truly humbled by your comments - looking forward to welcoming you back!!
Brookfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and would definitely recommend it to anyone. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I was impressed by how clean everything was. Our room was spotless and I didn't have to second guess about the cleanliness of the bathroom. The service was great. Everyone from the front desk workers to the bistro worker and other facilities/maintenance employees, everyone was friendly and welcoming. The food from the Bistro was delicious and the pool was quiet and relaxing. Very pleased with everything!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, October 5, 2014
What a wonderful review of the hotel! Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so pleased that you were impressed with the cleanliness of our hotel, rooms, and bathrooms, the housekeeping team takes pride in this and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. Thank you for recognizing the great service that you received from the front desk, bistro and facilities/engineering team as well. My team and I look forward to the oppotunity of welcoming you back to our hote and Scottsdalel in the future!
Plainfield,Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice hotel, beautiful grounds. Ask to face camelback mountain. Needs balconies for rooms. Biggest disappointment. Coming from Chicago in April, you want to be able to eat your breakfast outside, enjoy a sunset out your room balcony, not thru a window that doesn't open:(

• Stayed April 2014
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel and our beautiful grounds located on the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community in Central Scottsdale. The guestroom windows do open in all of our rooms however, they do not open all the way due to guest safety being highest priority. Your comment regarding enjoying the weather from a balcony is a point well taken. Although all of our rooms do not have balconies we do offer rooms with balconies. Please consider us for your next visit and request a room with a balcony as we are happy to accommodate guest requests whenever possible. Appreciate your feedback and look forward to your visit to Scottsdale.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was the only one I could find that had 2 Queen sized beds. This was for an overnight trip for my adult daughters and myself.
The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of towels! The beds were so very comfy! The staff was very friendly upon arrival.
I am coming out again in a couple months and will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments about your lovely stay at my hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your daughters had a great getaway and found the 2 queen beds to be perfect and comfy for your stay. I appreciate your recognition of my friendly staff and we all look forward to your return visit, as you mentioned, in the near future. See you soon!

Been to Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River? Share your experiences!