“Good location, no balconies” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plainfield,Il
“Good location, no balconies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, beautiful grounds. Ask to face camelback mountain. Needs balconies for rooms. Biggest disappointment. Coming from Chicago in April, you want to be able to eat your breakfast outside, enjoy a sunset out your room balcony, not thru a window that doesn't open:(

• Stayed April 2014
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel and our beautiful grounds located on the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community in Central Scottsdale. The guestroom windows do open in all of our rooms however, they do not open all the way due to guest safety being highest priority. Your comment regarding enjoying the weather from a balcony is a point well taken. Although all of our rooms do not have balconies we do offer rooms with balconies. Please consider us for your next visit and request a room with a balcony as we are happy to accommodate guest requests whenever possible. Appreciate your feedback and look forward to your visit to Scottsdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was the only one I could find that had 2 Queen sized beds. This was for an overnight trip for my adult daughters and myself.
The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of towels! The beds were so very comfy! The staff was very friendly upon arrival.
I am coming out again in a couple months and will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments about your lovely stay at my hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your daughters had a great getaway and found the 2 queen beds to be perfect and comfy for your stay. I appreciate your recognition of my friendly staff and we all look forward to your return visit, as you mentioned, in the near future. See you soon!
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I can't complain about the hotel, which is modern, bright and airy, but the noise from my room is such that sleep is all but impossible. Located across the hallway from the elevator I'm constantly listening to loud conversations, the ice machine has to be the noisiest I've ever heard and an alarm on a doorway is constantly buzzing at all hours as people pass through.

This is a real shame as the hotel, the staff and location suits me perfectly, the rooms are large and the beds extremely comfortable. However the high noise levels mean it'll be a one-off stay in all likelihood.

Room Tip: Keep away from the elevators, the ice machines and any doorways that have a 'hold for 15 seconds...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about your stay at my hotel. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to discuss this situation with you further. Please contact me at ann.cvelich@marriott.com at your convenience so that I may have the opportunity to make this right with you. Thank you.
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. The hotel is new and very clean. It has a beautiful outdoor area. Sylvester gave us an excellent recommendation for a local, authentic Mexican restaurant. Everyone was very accommodating. We had a quick check in and our choice of rooms. It is a great location and easy to get to anywhere from the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so very much for your thoughtful review of my hotel. I am so pleased that you recognized Silvestre, our Chief Engineer, for recommending an excellent authentic Mexican restaurant in the area. He is truly one of a kind and such a valued member of our team who has been with Marriott for 23 years. I am happy that you enjoyed our clean, beautiful outdoor area during your stay and that the hotel staff was accomodating to you. As you mentioned, our convenient location makes it easy to get from the Phoenix airport to downtown and north Scottsdale as well as Tempe. Thank you very much for your business, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Ended up at this Courtyard do to a mixup with another Courtyard location. Kind of glad that it worked out that way. Hotel is newer. Nice pool / patio area. Service was great. Actually had staff there that seemed to care about their customers. I don't know the Scottsdale area that well, so I can't speak to location, but it was right off of the freeway, and there's certainly enough around (within 5-10 minute driving distance) to eat, drink, and stay busy. I know they have a shuttle, but did not use at all.

Room Tip: Is a view of the mountains, but I'm not sure which location need to be facing. Was on fourth fl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melisa G, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
However you ended up at our hotel, I am pleased you had an exceptional stay based on our great customer service and the fact that we put our guests first! Many guests like you love the views of the mountains, the close proximity to lots of activities and easy access to the Phoenix freeways! You can see the beautiful sunrise from the quiet of the patio while you enjoy a morning Starbucks beverage! With major sports venues, shopping of all types, restaurants that will satisfy the pickiest of diners, you could use our hotel as a base and connect to the entire valley! Thank you for telling others about your positive experience and please return when you visit Phoenix again!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

After starting the trip at the Talking stick I changed hotels to the Courtyard. Great choice. The staff went out of their way to shuttle me back and forth to my meetings at the Talking Stick. This is the reason I am loyal to Marriott. The rooms were updated and the bed was comfortable. The lobby was busy at all hours and was full of life. The only negative was the price but this time of year in Arizona any room is expensive

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Melisa G, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
How good it is to learn that you were comfortable and enjoyed the great energy in the lobby! Our team will be pleased to learn their efforts to provide great customer service were appreciated! As we approach our 2nd anniversary, we are pleased with the great reputation we have with our guests. Many return throughout the year. While our winter guests are escaping the colder temperatures in their home cities, others are here for business purposes like you were. You will find that room rates fluctuate throughout the year as demand changes. We do look to your return!
Roselle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Fairly new Marriott close driving distance to everything in Scottsdale but not walking distance. Close to 101, cubs new park and diamond backs park and giants. Pool is very nice. Ask for a room with a balcony. Laundry room and fitness area. Cafe but coffee is not complimentary.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Our location does give baseball fans a great opportunity to visit a number of nearby spring training fields. With the freeway close to the hotel, access to the entire valley is simple. Many guests enjoy the pool and patio for some quiet time and looking at the great view of the sunrises! We look forward to seeing you again on another visit as there are so many great attractions to visit all year around!

Been to Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River? Share your experiences!