“Delicious French favorites in a pleasant setting” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
phoenix
“Delicious French favorites in a pleasant setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

La Petite France is our favorite French restaurant, both for the food and the friendly owner and staff. It's the best of both worlds--amazing French cuisine, but with none of the snootiness or overly awkward formality. My husband and I have had several romantic dinners here, and both my parents and his co-workers have enjoyed dining here too. It's a pleasant French bistro with prints on the walls and elegant tableclothed tables in a nice airy room with many windows. I'm looking forward to dining outdoors on the patio overlooking the shopping gallery's main courtyard again, now that the weather's cooler. Then, we'll really feel like we're in Paris! The food is exceptional--the escargot are melt-in-your mouth confections with butter and garlic and go nicely with some mini-baguette slices. There's options of both wine and beer and other beverages and no pressure to have either. The fact that each table gets its own carafe of water is nice too.
The crepes are light and cooked perfectly with just the right amount of sauce and filling. (My absolute favorite is the innovative salmon "La Riviera" crepe, but my mother liked her more conventional crepe). Do ask about the off-the-menu specials, as some of the most delectable items (such as the quiches) are not on the current dinner menu. The main entrees are tasty too--hearty Beef Bourguignon, and my Dad liked his fish. If you are stuffed, but still want something sweet, ask about the macarons. The chef apparently makes them fresh daily, so the flavors vary, but we've tried chocolate, passion fruit and carmel and they are all heavenly.

• Visited September 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place to relax and chat with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Outstanding service and delicious food makes for a memorable time. And don't forget the wine. We had an appetizer that was similar to a flat bread but way superior. French desserts and wine topped off the evening. I will go back again.

• Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Magnificent dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

If there were a sixth star, La Petite France would have earned it! Excellent food and excellent service! This gem is my very favorite dining spot since moving to Arizona three years ago. My sister and I both had the Savoyarde crepe with crème fraîche, onions, potatoes,bacon, blue cheese, chives. It was magnificent! Tender handmade crepe and the veggies were perfectly cooked. French music and the impeccable attention to detail makes you feel like you are in Paris.

The owners are highly customer focused and their customers are pampered. We had to try the desserts..I had the banana split crepe with vanilla ice cream, it was extraordinary!! My sister had the bread pudding which she said was rich without being too sweet, a fabulous dessert that she would highly recommend. There was no room for another morsel, but we were captivated by the outstanding array of beautiful macaroons and got a dozen to go!

Everything here is made by hand and is of the highest quality, using fresh ingredients and is worth every penny! The dining experience is casual and relaxing. Can't wait to come back to sample the other wonderful offerings!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This cozy bistro is a must for lunch or dinner. My wife and I had a late lunch there today and everything about the experience was excellent. We like it so much that we are taking friends there tomorrow for brunch. I am sure that after tomorrow I will be able to say La Petite France is great for breakfast as well.....and for those possibly concerned about French servers with an " attitude"....don't fret....these owners are as friendly as you can get.

• Visited May 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time with friends at La Petite France in Scottsdale. Not only did we get to enjoy one of our favorite memories from France, but we also got to know the new owners of the restaurant. We all enjoyed our evening and we look forward to returning again sometime soon.

• Visited April 2013