“Honeymoon off to a sour start” 2 of 5 stars

Scottsdale Villa Mirage
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7887 East Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255   |
Ranked #47 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Chandler, Arizona
“Honeymoon off to a sour start”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I got married Saturday evening and my husband decided that we would stay here for our honeymoon. I walked up to the reception desk in my wedding dress and we didn't even get a congratulations. It was rather disconcerting and disappointing and aspur start to our honeymoon. We have had to call down twice to have our fan looked at and it still isn't completely fixed. I will update again at the end of our stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
For starters, a big congratulations from us here at Scottsdale Villa Mirage!! We regret to hear your stay did not start of the way you had hoped and we will certainly review your experience with our team for coaching purposes. This being said, we are thrilled we were able to fix your room’s ceiling fan and you were happy with the rest of our team members. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your very special occasion, and we truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back for even more memories and relaxation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

On Star for the car takes you to the back of the Sheraton property. So you had to go back out to Hayden and turn on Princess Blvd. all the way to the back and to the right. Hard for us to find but glad we did. Our stay in Scottsdale was pleasant and warm but that what happens when you travel to Scottsdale in July. We hadn't been to Scottsdale before so decided we would add it to our trip to Sedona. Spent 2 days there and it certainly was a nice relaxing time. Unless you enjoy laying by the pool there wasn't much to do. Playing golf in the heat wasn't an option.
Scottsdale Villa Mirage was a beautiful facility with lots of amenities. We usually fix breakfast there and eat out for dinner which was nice. I used the workout room which also was nice. It wasn't busy at all but I had a lot of equipment to pick from. Thanks for the variety. Our unit was a 2 bedroom on the ground floor. If you've been to Sedona and stayed at The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, the rooms are just alike.
But I will say the staff was exceptional. Bill checked us in and was fantastic with me on the phone before we got there. Peggy at guest services was also great, with restaurant recommendations and discounts to a few places. She made reservations for us at a wonderful steak house with a beautiful view. My husband and I went to an owners update meeting while we were there and Christie was the person who talked to us. I understand their job is to sell us more points but Christie was so helpful with educating me on the updates. I was very impressed with her.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We recently spend a week at the resort. We found the staff do be extremely friendly and helpful... from the front desk staff who were wonderful in making sure that we had our two rooms close together (we were a party of eight) and close to the pool, to the maintenance staff who responded quickly when we had a problem with our fridge, to housekeeping when we needed additional towels, to the staff at the pool who always made sure we had a cold drink, and the concierge who arranged a fabulous place for our group to dine our last night in Scotsdale. We had 2 two bedroom suites that were spacious and clean. The resort is well maintained with lots of activities for everyone. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to Scotsdale Villa Mirage and all the staff who made this mother, daughter and grand-daughter week a wonderful and memorable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked a 3 night stay in a 2 bedroom two bath condo, when we arrived they told us they were overbooked but sent us to a nearby hotel. We had 2 rooms at the hotel rather then the 2 bedroom condo with kitchen, living and dining space, washer/dryer and barbeque. This was not the trip we had planned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We are sorry to read that you gave us such a poor rating although we truly understand why given you had to be relocated to a comparable resort. The Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains is located in Scottsdale, and is rated four stars. Nevertheless, if you were disappointed and felt we could have done better at in ensuring the accommodations we provided you with met your family’s needs and this had a negative impact on your Scottsdale visit, we apologize. As our location is often in extremely high demand because of our fun for the whole family atmosphere, great location and unsurpassable customer service, we found ourselves at the edge of room inventory at the time of your arrival. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience and rest assured we will examine these issues in our efforts to better manage the difficulties you encountered. We hope you are willing to give us a second chance and stay at our resort in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked my reservation and payed at time of booking. On check-in they charged me an extra $17.99 fee for use of the facilities (pool, wi-fi, etc. This upset me but my reservation was non-refundable. After this they give me a card to go see the 'concierge', who then attempts to sell us timeshare trips.

As if this wasn't enough, the room, buildings, pool were not half as nice as the Hilton Resort we just came from down the street - which was $50 less than this dump.

In summary, poor lodgings, they don't reveal hidden fees until they have you hooked, they try to force you to listen to a sales pitch, no room service.... I'm probably missing some things, but I just got here.

Stayed July 2014
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your one night stay at our resort. While we truly appreciate the opportunity to be your host during your stay here, we are disappointed to read that we missed the mark on meeting your expectations. It was very concerning to read that our accommodations, and resort fee, have had a negative impact towards your stay already. By improving many aspects of the resort throughout the property and notifying our exchange and rental partners of the resort fee we charge, we are making every effort to ensure that our guests are impacted as little as possible. We consider the expense to be a minimal cost covering a long list of the most widely utilized and requested resort amenities here such as Parking, Multiple Swimming Pools, Splash Pad, Hot tub, Fitness Center (must be 14 years of age), Steam Room, Wi-Fi (complimentary for all owner weeks and member points reservations), BBQ’s, Putting Green, Playground, Local Calls, Business center computer/internet access and much more including a Guest Laundromat and many Recreational Activities in our Activities Department. Nevertheless, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As we are primarily a Vacation Ownership property, the offering of a vacation ownership sales presentation is a part of the check in process. While many of our guests are interested to find out more about our products (and the free gifts that are included for attending); unless you are staying on a promotional trip, you are not required to attend this presentation unless you want to. We thank you for reaching out to us and hope that you will simply be able to enjoy the remainder of your stay in the flawless manner intended.
alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

When checking in, staff treats you well.. Nothing overly pleasant nor do they go the extreme to accommodate for their clients, but at the end of the day all they want to do is have you buy their diamond package. The problem comes in after you leave the resort. Management and staffing are INCREDIBLY rude. We had a situation where my husband forgot his wallet in the safety deposit box and after phoning reception I was transferred to three different people that all promised to call back with an answer in regards to the missing wallet. House keeping manager told me that they check the rooms each day and that they would check the room we stayed in once again and give me a call back.
Two days go by and not one phone call was returned so I began to call them again. To make things even better, house keeping never even checked the safety deposit, nor did they go back and check because the next family that stayed after us had called my house and told us they had found the wallet...in the safety deposit box.... Obviously house keeping checks each room every day throughly... The family brought the wallet to the front desk. After many transfers-again, I finally break through and start talking to a manager-Don. She was extremely unprofessional and rude! She began yelling at me, acting like she was the one who forgot the wallet. I asked her simple questions such as- "How often do you come across a situation where your guests forget their wallets?" considering it was so difficult for her and her staff to locate it, "How can you tell me that house keeping checked when house keeping didn't even find the wallet... your next clients did!" or even as simple as "Once you had the wallet, why didn't you contact me?" in response she had told me that she did not have my contact information... So you mean that all the paper work that we filled out during check in where it states 'contact information' was filled out for nothing? I cannot stress enough with how nasty Don was to me. How disrespectful she was to a RCI client and how she situation was handled. All these questions were left unanswered, she continued to grow impatient with me. She started giving me attitude and asking, "Well what do you want me to do with it now?", as if that question wasn't self explanatory. I asked her to mail it out to me and without apologizing for the incredible inconvenience, all the long distance charges I now have to pay for in attempt to contact SOMEONE! Or how horrible their communication skills are. Not even a good bye was said and she hung up. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The resort asks you to pay $15.00 service charge EACH DAY, which would suggest this is a high end resort with proper customer service. It holds 5 stars for goodness! Which means that customer service should be superb and I expected more from this resort. It is quite disappointing and rather disgusting on how they treat customers after they leave the facility. It made us feel that all they wanted was our money and didn't care about the hospitality.

Would we book here again? Hell no. Their ignorant attitude towards us made us very cold. I would not reccomend this anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for presenting an opportunity to address your concerns. We extend our sincerest apologies for the unusual service you received from one of our front desk managers and housekeeping team. Here at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, we always intend to provide unsurpassable guest service to all of our guests during every interaction. Clearly, we missed the mark on this occasion. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to address internally. Ultimately, please know that this service quandary is in no way reflective of the standards of service we strive to uphold, and we are very sorry for the impression of the resort that you have been given. We hope to follow up with you and discuss your experience further not only to gain a clearer understanding, but also to attempt to remedy the challenges you experienced and perhaps offset the difficulties you faced. We are very appreciative of your patronage, and are glad we could cover the cost of shipping to return the wallet to you. Although you indicated you mostly like would not return, we hope you reconsider allowing us the opportunity to host you again in the future as we are extremely confident that your next stay will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This resort was one of the greatest places i have ever stayed at, where do i begin it had great service clean rooms a very nice pool and an exultant location, the location-Scottsdale provides many things for guests to enjoy from the shopping center to the car museum or evan the weather everything is spectacular not to mention the food if i was rating it i would give the villa mirage resort combined with its location and services 5 stars because what more could you ask for.

• Stayed May 2014