“poor unprofessional service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
alberta
“poor unprofessional service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

When checking in, staff treats you well.. Nothing overly pleasant nor do they go the extreme to accommodate for their clients, but at the end of the day all they want to do is have you buy their diamond package. The problem comes in after you leave the resort. Management and staffing are INCREDIBLY rude. We had a situation where my husband forgot his wallet in the safety deposit box and after phoning reception I was transferred to three different people that all promised to call back with an answer in regards to the missing wallet. House keeping manager told me that they check the rooms each day and that they would check the room we stayed in once again and give me a call back.
Two days go by and not one phone call was returned so I began to call them again. To make things even better, house keeping never even checked the safety deposit, nor did they go back and check because the next family that stayed after us had called my house and told us they had found the wallet...in the safety deposit box.... Obviously house keeping checks each room every day throughly... The family brought the wallet to the front desk. After many transfers-again, I finally break through and start talking to a manager-Don. She was extremely unprofessional and rude! She began yelling at me, acting like she was the one who forgot the wallet. I asked her simple questions such as- "How often do you come across a situation where your guests forget their wallets?" considering it was so difficult for her and her staff to locate it, "How can you tell me that house keeping checked when house keeping didn't even find the wallet... your next clients did!" or even as simple as "Once you had the wallet, why didn't you contact me?" in response she had told me that she did not have my contact information... So you mean that all the paper work that we filled out during check in where it states 'contact information' was filled out for nothing? I cannot stress enough with how nasty Don was to me. How disrespectful she was to a RCI client and how she situation was handled. All these questions were left unanswered, she continued to grow impatient with me. She started giving me attitude and asking, "Well what do you want me to do with it now?", as if that question wasn't self explanatory. I asked her to mail it out to me and without apologizing for the incredible inconvenience, all the long distance charges I now have to pay for in attempt to contact SOMEONE! Or how horrible their communication skills are. Not even a good bye was said and she hung up. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The resort asks you to pay $15.00 service charge EACH DAY, which would suggest this is a high end resort with proper customer service. It holds 5 stars for goodness! Which means that customer service should be superb and I expected more from this resort. It is quite disappointing and rather disgusting on how they treat customers after they leave the facility. It made us feel that all they wanted was our money and didn't care about the hospitality.

Would we book here again? Hell no. Their ignorant attitude towards us made us very cold. I would not reccomend this anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for presenting an opportunity to address your concerns. We extend our sincerest apologies for the unusual service you received from one of our front desk managers and housekeeping team. Here at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, we always intend to provide unsurpassable guest service to all of our guests during every interaction. Clearly, we missed the mark on this occasion. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to address internally. Ultimately, please know that this service quandary is in no way reflective of the standards of service we strive to uphold, and we are very sorry for the impression of the resort that you have been given. We hope to follow up with you and discuss your experience further not only to gain a clearer understanding, but also to attempt to remedy the challenges you experienced and perhaps offset the difficulties you faced. We are very appreciative of your patronage, and are glad we could cover the cost of shipping to return the wallet to you. Although you indicated you mostly like would not return, we hope you reconsider allowing us the opportunity to host you again in the future as we are extremely confident that your next stay will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This resort was one of the greatest places i have ever stayed at, where do i begin it had great service clean rooms a very nice pool and an exultant location, the location-Scottsdale provides many things for guests to enjoy from the shopping center to the car museum or evan the weather everything is spectacular not to mention the food if i was rating it i would give the villa mirage resort combined with its location and services 5 stars because what more could you ask for.

• Stayed May 2014
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My family and I spent seven wonderful days at this resort. We stayed in a one bedroom, which had absolutely everything we needed, including a washer and dryer. The room was designed with much thought, as it was spacious, offered privacy, and quiet - even with pool activities right outside our door. Although it lacks the upscale amenities of other Time Share resorts we've stayed in the past, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here in Feb of 2014 and drove in from Michgan where the winter was the worst in 35 years. Our son lives here but works fulltime so we spent our days hiking on all of the beautiful trails all over the valley. Days were sunny and the warmest day was 75 degrees. The resort is fairly typical but the 1 bedroom was awesome. I love to cook and the kitchen was very complete for me to even do some baking. Our son came up for some meals and on w/e was able to sleep on the hide-a-bed. He is a runner/hiker so we would do this during the day, eat a home cooked meal, and watch movies at night. The grill was always busy but the meats go fast and there was never a long wait to use it. After hiking we would soak our feet in the hot tub. When I pointed out the conditiion of the tub it was cleaned that night. We requested the 3rd floor becuase that is how you stay active and healthy. This is a beautiful resort and we would stay again but it is a 35-40 minutes via freeway to our son's home. Just not a fun drive in traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

2nd visit in a year. We had same room 310M on top floor, which with no elevator was not too back for us - others may disagree!

The pool area was great and easily got a sunbed during the day.

They had some great quizzes as well as water aerobics if you wanted to take part by the pool.

The only negative that was a slight issue with the hot water - we had to run the water for almost 10-15 minutes in the shower before it came warm. I don't recall that last time.

Other than that it was as good as last visit and somewhere we will return. See previous review for all details re room

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely 5-day stay in a studio unit - our first trip without our 6-year old (who didn't miss us at all!). The concierge gave us great input and we packed a lot of activity into our vacation - from a great tour of Taliesen West - the Frank Lloyd Wright homestead/architecture school to a romantic anniversary dinner at Chart House on the lake... I would return in a heartbeat ... and recommend this resort for couples or families - something for everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Scottsdale Villa Mirage is a very nice resort, small pool but accommodates the residents nicely, the poolside snack bar is a nice touch. The resort is a little far out of Phoenix but if you are just planning on staying in Scottsdale then it's great! We went to shows and sporting events and concerts, so all were a bit of a drive but not too bad. The shopping around the area was really good, the restaurants are awesome! The room was nice but small kitchen, the bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was a nice size. There was construction going on close by so a little noisy in the morning, but not terrible. The only negative I can say is there is no elevator and we were staying on the third floor, luggage was a little heavy going up those stairs. All in all I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second floor would be easier access.