“Spacious Rooms Nicely Renovated” 3 of 5 stars

Scottsdale Villa Mirage
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7887 East Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255   |
Ranked #53 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Houston, Texas
“Spacious Rooms Nicely Renovated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I came here to stay a few days after running a race in Scottdale. I am a Diamond International member and wanted to use up my last remaining points before they expired at the end of the year. I had no trouble at all finding the resort...my Garmin GPS brought me right to the front door. I like the location, up on the northeast side of Scottsdale where it's less developed and less hectic.

it's a good jumping-off point for day trips. I drove up to Page Springs to visit the wineries and have lunch, easily done in less than a day. A large Albertson's grocery store is less than 5 miles away, and I stopped and stocked up before checking in to the resort.

There are many restaurants nearby but a car is definitely needed. A small pool-side cafe at this resort has very limited menu so don't count on it to be your regular food source.

Even though I am already an owner/member, I was also given the "pitch" to attend a so-called "owners meeting." But I knew it would be a sales pitch. However for those who are able to say "no" and mean it, the reward for sitting through an hour presentation has it's reward. it did give me a chance to learn a few more tips about ownership and I scored a nice $$ gift card and 2-night stay certificate which I can use for another trip.

Not sure if there are still units at this property that have yet to be refurbished, but mine was definitely one that had been refurbished. I found it to be very nice, comfortable, and the bathroom and kitchen were outstanding. The kitchen was well-equiped with good quality utensils and small countertop appliances. A large flatscreen TV in both the living room and the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows, although I always bring my own pillow just in case.

The structure in between the floors acts like a sounding board, unfortunately. I could hear every footfall of the people in the unit above me and unfortunately they had at least one small child with them. The continuous thumping going on up there was at times intolerable. I could not hear voices or TV's, however. Just the heavy-footed walking of adults and the non-stop thump-thump-thump of a small child/children runnning back and forth above me.

I was in building 3, and if I ever do return, i will ask to be in this same building and ask for a top floor room. This building is the most private and is away from the pools so probably the quietest.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to avoid the overhead noise. Building 3 is the furthest away from the pool...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay here at Scottsdale Villa Mirage. We were definitely pleased to hear that our accommodations, amenities, and location met your expectations. While the solicitation to attend these owners meetings is part of the check in process, attendance of this presentation is purely optional for our guests, regardless of their status with us or Diamond Resorts (ie. guest, member, or owner). We are in the process of continuing our refurbishment project with the remaining rooms that have yet to be refurbished for 2013. Obviously these rooms/buildings will not be in use while they are being refurbished, but once completed; our guests will be able to experience the same type of upgraded amenities in these rooms that you described in your review. We were disappointed and equally concerned to hear about the noise issues in the room above yours. Our front desk would have tried to see and stop these noise issues from occurring if contacted at the time these noises were occurring. We sincerely appreciate your continued membership with Diamond Resorts, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Salem, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Mirage in Scottsdale during a NASCAR race weekend. We got a remodeled room that was very spacious, and the master bedroom had a very comfortable bed. The full kitchen was well equipped, and even had a refrigerator with an icemaker. Could easily accommodate 4 people since it was a one bedroom with a hide-a-bed couch. Nice lanai with a view of the courtyard. Close to freeway / parkway access, and very easy to find dozens of places to eat and shop very close to the resort. We did not avail ourselves of the on-site cafe/ restaurant. There was internet available for purchase, which we did use and got great reception and line speed. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We were delighted to read that you choose to stay at our resort during this busy weekend. It was very pleasing to read that our accommodations, amenities, location, and services met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Thank you for sharing your review with future or interested guests. We are very grateful for your recommendation, and we hope you are able to stay with us again soon in the future!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This facilty has become our favourite place to stay when in Scottsdale / Phoenix. The 1 Bdrm units have everything you need to have an exceptional stay and if it is not in your unit, ask and it may just be available (eg. a Kettle). They have had a large staff turnover but they still exude "customer service" except in one instance.
Our favourite tour company "Southwest Tours" used to service this location but for some unknown reason they are not now recommended and will not even provide you with their phone number at the concierge desk when asked. I don't know what caused this but see my recommendation on this site of "Southwest Tours".
If you want a nice relaxing holiday this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our 1 Bdrm was in the only bldg on the west side of the pool. Shady patio's and very quiet. Ch...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I are Diamond Resort Owners and we stayed at this resort using our points. YES, THIS IS A TIMESHARE!

We stayed at this timeshare using our last bit of points (which wasn't a lot) for 3 nights and we are very happy. As always, Diamond Resorts has made us happy that we are part of their ownership! Normally we stay at a one bedroom, but to use up our points we stayed in a studio.

The Studio was a good size-There is a kitchen with a FULL fridge, a micro (micro can be converted to an oven), nice coffee maker, blender, silver ware, plates, cups, blender, huge plastic bowls, etc; dinning table; couch (I think it's a pull out) coffee table; a nice patio/balcony; a big closet with extra blankets & pillows; and the restroom is huge! We were very surprised at the huge size that my husband ***and I will consider staying in a studio verses a one bedroom to spread our timeshare points and stay at more places rather than less.

There is a restaurant on site (there's a menu in the kitchen), however, we did not eat there. This is not our first stay in Scottsdale so it's true what they say about Scottsdale-everything is spread out so you definitely need a car to drive everywhere.

We've stayed at the other Diamond Resort Timeshare Links and the one thing I would say that makes this place different is it's location. I prefer this area because it's right next to Fairmont Princess Resort. Whole Foods, Trader Joes & Gordon Beirsch is less than a 3 min drive.

We used our phone's GPS to find the place and had NO problem. The resort is right off N Scottsdale Road, on Princess Road-when you get to the round about on Princess Road, take the 2nd exit, then drive down to the end-and that's the resort.

Some things that might make a difference in staying here to others (however, for us just something we noticed, but did not change our view on the resort) is:

WiFi is NOT free-you pay (my understanding for a week) $30 for AT&T wifi -- There are 2 computers you can use for FREE in the lobby. (We did not find this a problem as we both have SMART phones and used them for email and other things)

The sink in our restroom was very low - I am 5 ft and I had to bend down low to wash up. My husband, who is really tall, made a comment about it. Maybe it is designed for someone in a wheel chair?

OVER ALL WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN WHEN WE RETURN TO SCOTTSDALE NEXT YEAR.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Curtice, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoy our 1 week stay, I loved the area to walk and felt safe walking around. I enjoyed the pool adult Jacuzzi and they had a water pad for the Grandkids to play on. Everyone was very friendly and when I requested anything, they were very speedy. My husband loves to cook and loved the appliances and cookwear. We just purchased a memory foam bed and there bed was just as comfortable, and we also loved the pillows.

Will be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights at the end of October and I was pleasantly surprised how nice this property was. After reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little nervous about going to this resort. We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the 3rd floor. It was big and had a very nice kitchen. The living room furniture was a bit stiff but everything else was great! We even had a fireplace! The property is very clean and nicely maintained. The front desk is very helpful and will print your boarding pass for you. The computers were always available. The pool area is wonderful and they have lots of chairs for everyone. I would definetly come back to this resort.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We traded for a week here in a studio. The studio was nicely furnished and updated, but smaller than the studio units at our home Time Share in California. My husband and I were constantly bumping into each other in the kitchen/dining area. Staff was quite friendly and courteous...Concierge ladies very helpful in scheduling golf and giving out info. Pool area and laundry facilities well maintained. Resort restaurant by pool good for just sandwich type meals.
We wanted to grill steaks and were at the grill when we discovered it would not light. I called the office and a maintenance man came within 2 minutes and had grill going in another minute. Biggest problem for us was lack of WiFi. I had to max out my month's data usage in a week...this is the first resort where no Wifi has been available although there were 2 computers in lobby areas.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Scottsdale Villa Mirage? Share your experiences!