“Well worth it! Nice location in Scottsdale. A Diamond Resort Timeshare Owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottsdale Villa Mirage

You added Scottsdale Villa Mirage to your Saves list
Scottsdale Villa Mirage
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7887 East Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255   |
Ranked #47 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
California
“Well worth it! Nice location in Scottsdale. A Diamond Resort Timeshare Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I are Diamond Resort Owners and we stayed at this resort using our points. YES, THIS IS A TIMESHARE!

We stayed at this timeshare using our last bit of points (which wasn't a lot) for 3 nights and we are very happy. As always, Diamond Resorts has made us happy that we are part of their ownership! Normally we stay at a one bedroom, but to use up our points we stayed in a studio.

The Studio was a good size-There is a kitchen with a FULL fridge, a micro (micro can be converted to an oven), nice coffee maker, blender, silver ware, plates, cups, blender, huge plastic bowls, etc; dinning table; couch (I think it's a pull out) coffee table; a nice patio/balcony; a big closet with extra blankets & pillows; and the restroom is huge! We were very surprised at the huge size that my husband ***and I will consider staying in a studio verses a one bedroom to spread our timeshare points and stay at more places rather than less.

There is a restaurant on site (there's a menu in the kitchen), however, we did not eat there. This is not our first stay in Scottsdale so it's true what they say about Scottsdale-everything is spread out so you definitely need a car to drive everywhere.

We've stayed at the other Diamond Resort Timeshare Links and the one thing I would say that makes this place different is it's location. I prefer this area because it's right next to Fairmont Princess Resort. Whole Foods, Trader Joes & Gordon Beirsch is less than a 3 min drive.

We used our phone's GPS to find the place and had NO problem. The resort is right off N Scottsdale Road, on Princess Road-when you get to the round about on Princess Road, take the 2nd exit, then drive down to the end-and that's the resort.

Some things that might make a difference in staying here to others (however, for us just something we noticed, but did not change our view on the resort) is:

WiFi is NOT free-you pay (my understanding for a week) $30 for AT&T wifi -- There are 2 computers you can use for FREE in the lobby. (We did not find this a problem as we both have SMART phones and used them for email and other things)

The sink in our restroom was very low - I am 5 ft and I had to bend down low to wash up. My husband, who is really tall, made a comment about it. Maybe it is designed for someone in a wheel chair?

OVER ALL WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN WHEN WE RETURN TO SCOTTSDALE NEXT YEAR.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Curtice, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoy our 1 week stay, I loved the area to walk and felt safe walking around. I enjoyed the pool adult Jacuzzi and they had a water pad for the Grandkids to play on. Everyone was very friendly and when I requested anything, they were very speedy. My husband loves to cook and loved the appliances and cookwear. We just purchased a memory foam bed and there bed was just as comfortable, and we also loved the pillows.

Will be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights at the end of October and I was pleasantly surprised how nice this property was. After reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little nervous about going to this resort. We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the 3rd floor. It was big and had a very nice kitchen. The living room furniture was a bit stiff but everything else was great! We even had a fireplace! The property is very clean and nicely maintained. The front desk is very helpful and will print your boarding pass for you. The computers were always available. The pool area is wonderful and they have lots of chairs for everyone. I would definetly come back to this resort.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet.
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We traded for a week here in a studio. The studio was nicely furnished and updated, but smaller than the studio units at our home Time Share in California. My husband and I were constantly bumping into each other in the kitchen/dining area. Staff was quite friendly and courteous...Concierge ladies very helpful in scheduling golf and giving out info. Pool area and laundry facilities well maintained. Resort restaurant by pool good for just sandwich type meals.
We wanted to grill steaks and were at the grill when we discovered it would not light. I called the office and a maintenance man came within 2 minutes and had grill going in another minute. Biggest problem for us was lack of WiFi. I had to max out my month's data usage in a week...this is the first resort where no Wifi has been available although there were 2 computers in lobby areas.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would stay again at this resort. It was comfortable, though our studio room was somewhat on the small side and even though there were only two of us, I would opt next time for a one bedroom for some more space. Only other complaint about the room would be the annoying loud air cooling unit. In fairness, I did not report, perhaps it could have been fixed. We stayed on ground floor which I requested due to recent knee surgery and there was no problem with my request. We were in a renovated room. I was told they have two more buildings to still renovate. I had no problem with noise, we were in bldg. 1 facing the parking lot. Didn't spend time on the patio, so no big deal. The property is well maintained and we enjoyed the pool area for a little time each day. Water was a bit on the cool side, which surprised me considering it was still mid to high 80s just coming off 90-100 degree weather. Avoid the poolside pina coladas, no taste at all. We did not get hassled to attend a timeshare presentation and front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was prompt in response for extra towels and soap. Look at the location of activities you want to do and take location into consideration. We spent a lot of time driving. It's not a bad location, but Scottsdale is pretty spread out, so it's something you may want to consider. In summation, I would stress this is not a 4 star type of property but all in all a very good option.

Room Tip: Consider a one bedroom as opposed to a studio.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A nice place to stay, very clean and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. Keep in mind that this is a timeshare so they WILL want you to attend the sales presentation. We declined that opportunity and they were very good about not hounding us to attend. This resort is not new but is pretty well maintained. I suggest looking at the resort map to find what buiulding you would like. I requested building 7 or 8 just to stay away from the tennis, basketball court and pool. The adult only hot tub was just steps away from our room. The pool was nice and the little cafe' (only place for food at the resort) was typical. No wait staff at the pool either. The most quiet area by the pool is over in the kiddie pool and splash pad area.

TWO important things to note- there are NO elevators so if you are on the second or third floor you are hauling your luggage up by yourself. Also, the resort is a bit tricky to find. It can ONLT be accessed from Scottsdale road (our 3 GPS' tried bringing us in another way and it dead ends). Then when you get to the "round about" continue straight toward the sign that says "Zona Grille". Then it will be about 1/4 mile further on the right.

All in all it was a good time and I would do it again.

Room Tip: Lk at the resort map to pick the area you want. If you want the area that is more quiet (non pool ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in posting your review of our resort. We were very glad to hear that our staff portrayed excellent Customer Service, and that you would come here again. Our front desk staff is more than willing to assist with providing accurate directions to our resort for future guests when contacted (by phone or by email). They will also be more than happy to provide assistance for those guests who need help carrying their luggage up to a 2nd or 3rd floor unit. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation of our resort, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Spent a week here in a ground floor one-bedroom unit. The grounds are kept in pristine shape - even the gas grills are completely scrubbed daily! The bed is comfortable and the full kitchen allows for cooking complete meals. Staff is friendly, and our minor maintence need was taken care of promptly. The location is off of N. Scottsdale Rd. and convenient to restaurants and stores.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. The rooms with patios facing the inner courtyard seem to be quieter than ot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review of our resort. We are extremely delighted to hear that our accommodations, amenities, location, and staff met, if not exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing superior Customer Service, and we are happy to hear you were able to experience this first-hand. We look forward to seeing you again soon!