“Great stay, with a few tips.” 4 of 5 stars

Free Night+ Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
“Great stay, with a few tips.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

First off let me tell anyone who reads my review that this a great place to stay. The service was excellent and the staff was more than friendly. I stayed in room 1063 and it was newly updated. I found the resorts location to the 101 wonderful and found several locations near by that were useful. Pinnacle Peak was near by and great.

Now for the few negatives. As a person who does travel to the area often I found their persistence that I come do there timeshare presentation downright offensive. I arrived back to my room several days in a row with a message on there phone stating that they had a welcome package for me which I knew from previous reviews was just a ploy to get me to a timeshare presentation. I would have thought my simple "I am not interested" upon my arrival would have been enough, instead I was treated as if I had missed a bill payment or something with phone calls and even a letter left on my door.

A few small issues with the room, most of the electrical outlets did not work. I brought it to the attention of the maintenance man whom was in my room when they were working on the hot water at the resort. Upon my arrival my room keys did not work, however I was let in my room and within an hour that was fixed, slight delay to my plans but not a huge deal.

As I overall pleased with the resort and the service I did not make a stink of the issues that I listed here so I cannot fault them for not attempting to compensate me in some way however I just wanted people to be aware of what to expect. Overall a GREAT place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mark G.

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave such an extensive review about our property! We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you also for the nice comments about our staff and service level.
We do apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, there had been a few kinks that still needed to get worked out with the newly renovated villas.
Upon reading your comments in regards to the repeated timeshare presentation offer, our marketing manager has been taking action in order to avoid this type of situation in the future.

We do hope to see you again sometime soon!

Warm regards

The Sheraton Desert Oasis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for a week using our RCI points in mid-Sept. At the time, half the resort's rooms were closed for renovations to the units. This resort is at a great location, less than a mile from the freeway. This is important given the Phoenix area - getting anywhere requires driving as it is spread out. It is also close to shopping and next door to a PGA golf course.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the third floor - lots of good exercise although an elevator is available. The room must have been newly renovated as it was in pristine condition. The balcony was great for sitting in the morning and evening. The air condition worked perfectly; critical given outside temperatures that exceeded 100F. The full service kitchen, ice maker and hot tub in the bed room were welcome amenities as were the TV's and the Bose stereo system. Bring you Mp3 player to listen to your favourite music. WIFI was free as was parking. There are outdoor BBQ areas with gas BBQs for those wanting to grill their meal.

The only annoying bit was the pressure to attend a Sheraton presentation - we said no twice and were then left alone.

I would recommend this resort to all and will stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark N.

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay at our property! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We absolutely hope to welcome you back soon!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We just stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis for 5 days in a 2 bedroom. We tried to get a renovated room but they were booked but thought our room was very nice.We had a room by the quiet pool and close to the lobby and main pool.We had a few days of rain because of the big storm that went through which put a little damper on the trip .We decided to cancel our Sedona day because the rain was so bad .We used the small workout room which was clean and nice. And checked out some movies from the lobby area and some cards so being indoors was not so bad.Football was nice with the rain coming down ,brunch and mimosas and our family!! We had some pool time too and was pretty quiet since it was right after Labor day weekend and not many kids which was nice for us.We had food from the pool restaurant which was good had a club sandwich for lunch and tacos the last night.Staff was very nice and helpful.Only problem was the person above us that had heavy feet and made so much noise!!! But not the hotels fault .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Stefdiego,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay with us! It is very much appreciated, and we loved hearing that you and your family enjoyed your time here - despite some rainy days.

Please come and see us again sometime!

antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stated in a newly renovated just-finished on August 29 room. It was superb. The 1 bedroom has no closet in bedroom and nowhere to put your clothes, but that's the only drawback. Room was gorgeous, bed phenomenal, and clean and immaculate. Can't wait to come back. It's in heart of North Scottsdale near all the chic new shopping and super convenient to 101 loop. Thumbs up.

• Stayed September 2013
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear abbykenton,

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback on your recent stay with us! We loved hearing that you had a great time here!
We are sorry that there was confusion in regards to the closet situation. There is indeed a closet in each room that's located behind a sliding door.
We do hope you will come back and visit us again some time soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I were in town for my sister's wedding and all stayed here. The rooms were clean for the most part, except a dead bug sitting on our bed when we arrived. The kitchen area were nice to have since there were about 16 of us. Second, if you are a platinum member of SPG, they don't give you many of the benefits like late check out, at least we were not denied this. My biggest issue with this place was when we arrived the front desk sent us to the concierge to get a "goody bag" but really all she did was give us a sales pitch on the time shares they offer at the property and even when we said we did not have time to go to the presentation she kept on insisting for a good 15 mins. The goody bag was more information on vacation rentals and activities in the area. Once we got past the few hiccups on the first day the rest of our stay was just great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Saphron53,

Thanks for having taken time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us. First, I hope your sister had a wonderful wedding and congratulations to her!
We were happy to hear that you and the rest of the wedding party enjoyed your time here, despite a few issues. I'm so sorry about the dead bug upon your arrival; that is certainly something that should have been caught before your check in. Our housekeeping team is usually very good about thoroughly inspecting the villas prior to releasing them, and I'm sorry about this oversight. In regards to the pressure to attend a timeshare presentation, I will forward your review to our marketing manager for some discussion amongst his team.

Thanks again!

Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there in August for 4 nights. Check-in agent is great and friendly. Got the room at the 10 series which is very close to the front lobby and swimming pool. The room or should it be called one-bedroom apartment?! is very clean and fully equipped. With the in-suite washer and dryer is definitely a bonus for the resort staying family traveler.
The bigger pool is good and my children do have a great time there. The evening shift Security personnel is the most friendly fellow we meet in the property during our stay.

I would recommend this resort for the family traveler!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mazda626,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us! We were happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here! Thanks especially for the kind comments about our staff as that will make their day!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We own at this property and could not be more happy! My now grown daughter still enjoys visiting the property and playing in the pool. Beautiful place to stay. Easy highway access. Plenty of places to shop and eat near by.

Room Tip: Unless you have children, avoid rooms by the pool as it can be noisy.