“Average Place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Scottsdale

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Scottsdale to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Scottsdale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 North 90th Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (Central Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #63 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Chennai
“Average Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed here multiple times. This place is average and close to my office that is the reason I chose this place over others. One thing I miss is breakfast which is horrible at this place. Room is clean but is small.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Audrey B, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your room was clean. Our housekeeping team takes great pride ensuring that each of our rooms are perfect prior to the guest arriving. I will make sure to share this feedback with them. I am also happy to hear that we are a close location to your office. We are very fortunate to be so close to many different businesses, hospitals, stores and the 101 freeway. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Each morning we do serve a complimentary continental breakfast that includes: 6 different cold cereals, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, a variety of muffins, breads, bagels, juices, coffee/tea and even make your own waffle station. Thank you again for sharing your experiences. I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future. Have a great day!

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hutchinson, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We prepaid for this hotel as part of a Marriot vacation package. The hotel is definitely not up to the Marriot standard. Bed was terrible, pool is barely bigger than a hot tub and is in the shadow of the building by mid-afternoon so no sun at the pool for half the day, and the staff was not helpful. The hotel has a weird smell that is flower air freshner covering up the smell of pets and smoke. We wanted to change hotels after just 2 days but they refused to refund our money - Marriot vacations said they would refund the money if the hotel would agree to do so, but the hotel refused. Then after we got home we discovered that we had been charged for our stay by the hotel directly to the credit card we had to provide to check in. When I called to advise that we had prepaid and needed a refund, I was told I would have to call back the next day when the manager could discuss the issue with me. $280 charged to us incorrectly and they are not in any hurry to resolve the issue.

We will never stay here again. We moved to a Crowne Plaza for our last night in Arizona and had a much better experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Audrey B, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience with. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I am disappointed to hear about your checkout experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, rest assured I have refunded your credit card and I will address this with our front desk team. Additionally, I am embarrassed to hear the hotel had an unpleasant odor. Upkeep and cleanliness is of utmost importance to us, we will be conducting a thorough inspection of our hallways and your guestroom to make sure they are up to our standards.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Baldwin, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel when attending a wedding. The hotel was clean but felt dated. The room was adequately sized but lacked drawer space with no dresser. There was a small kitchen which served its purpose. Although non smoking our room smelled like smoke.

The bed was comfortable. We were awakened each morning at 4 am by the incessant chirping of beds.

The included breakfast was marginal with cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and very thick oatmeal. The breakfast room was very small.

For a short stay this hotel was adequate. but not exceptional. The staff was friendly. All in all I prefer other properties such as Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street. There was a lot of noise at 4 am from chirping birds. Not sure if this is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Heather R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I would like to mention that we are a smoke free facility and strive to ensure all guests follow this policy. We pay very close attention to each room when cleaning. If in some instance we find evidence of smoking, we provide the room with an extensive professional cleaning to remove the odor. We will continue to keep focus on this as it is very important to our guests. I am pleased to hear everything was clean and our staff was friendly. Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed a week as we were visiting for spring break. Booked a two bedroom suite. Beds were comfortable. Cleanliness was so-so...could see crumbs and lint between walls and dressers, etc. Four adults shared the room and we all wished there was a mirror in the bedrooms. Only mirror is in the bathroom which made it hard to get ready and not take too much time up in the bathroom. We all noticed the friendliness of the staff which was nice. Breakfast was adequate. Pool was very disappointing - Small and in the middle of the parking lot. The guys golfed and fortunately the ladies found a pool to enjoy elsewhere. For the price and at high season we did fine but this property is nothing fancy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Heather R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you were happy about our wonderful staff and breakfast accommodations. In response to your comments regarding the crumbs and mirrors in your room, I would like you to know we are taking immediate action. We have now ordered extra mirrors for each of our two-bedroom suites based on your feedback. Additionally, we have done a deep inspection of each room with focus in between all the dressers and beds. We are insuring all of our housekeepers keep their focus on this area moving forward. Again, thank you very much for your feedback. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to maintain our focus on you, the guest.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It provided us what we needed -- a comfortable, clean place to clean up and rest. We were in a studio -- other than the microwave didn't work, the room was sufficient (and it was clean). The mattress isn't great, but it serves its purpose. And, the breakfast is so-so, at best!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am happy to hear your stay was comfortable, clean and convenient. I would also like you to know I have met with all of our housekeepers and we will be checking microwaves in each room this week to ensure they are working properly. We truly appreciate all of your feedback. Have a great week.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here again for our spring training your. Booked a 2 br suite - slept 4 comfortably!

Only issues...

Bfast room super small

Cops showed up in force one morning - don't know why - no disturbance to us, but unnerving to see them roll in.

When I cancelled the last nite - they increased the rate for the nites I stayed - left a bad taste in this Marriott Platinums mouth!

Nice and comfortable - mgmt needs to focus on what's important
- the return customer.

Stayed March 2014
Heather R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our Hotel. I am happy to hear you slept comfortably during your stay. I also noticed your feedback regarding the police presence and your increased rate. I would like to put your mind at ease and inform you that we have a great relationship with the Scottsdale Police Department, and they do stop in on occasion. We have not had any type of crime or security issues at the hotel. As for the increase in your rate after departing a day early, I appologize if my team did not explain this to you in detail. As we are an extended stay hotel, our rates fluctuate based on your length of stay. For instance, if you stay 6 nights your rate may be more expensive per night, rather than if you stay 7 nights. Therefore, if you made a reservation for a longer length of time, the rate you were offered was based on that, which caused the rate to increase when you shortened the length of stay. We truly do appreciate your business and listen to your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

River Forest, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Basic hotel - small pool, small fitness room, continental breakfast, smaller TV, but not particularly expensive either. Clean and in good condition. Friendly staff. Conveniently located right off the 101 at Shea Blvd, so everything is a pretty short drive. Several restaurants within a short walk, weather permitting. Rooms include full kitchen appliances. Most rooms are studios, which makes them smaller than rooms with a separate bedroom. I would stay here again, especially if you are not planning on spending too much time in your room.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway. There are a few separate buildings.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Heather R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am happy to hear your positive comments regarding your stay. I have shared your feedback with our entire team. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return again. We look forward to serving you!

Heather Robertson

Been to TownePlace Suites Scottsdale? Share your experiences!