“Hotel cancelled my reservation!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale to your Saves list
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5401 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85250   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$100 Food & Drink Credit
Ranked #32 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Columbia, SC
“Hotel cancelled my reservation!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2006

I had made a reservation at this hotel on 10/31/06 for a 4 night stay (Jan 6th to Jan 10th) in preparation for the BCS National Championship Game. On 12/14/06, I was contacted by the hotel that due to a construction project, they would not be able to honor our reservation, but they had found us other reservation at the Crowne Plaza. We looked up the Trip Advisor reviews and found that a member's car had been broken into twice while staying there!! Unfortunately due to how close the time was to the BCS game, we could not find any other arrangements so we are stuck with going to the Crowne Plaza. We have gone from staying in Scottsdale to basically downtown Phoenix, which was not our intention and one of the reasons we made the reservations well in advance.
I was not offered anything from the hotel for this inconvenience and even a complaint with the corporate office has not resulted in anything other than a simple explanation and apology. In fact they tried to charge me the same rate even though the Crowne Plaza had advertised cheaper prices on line. If I were you, I would confirm with this hotel so you don't end up having your plans changed on you at the last minute. Very poor customer service and follow through by the management team for a better resolution.

Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple

980 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

Just got back from two nights at the Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort. I was staying there as part of a modest size convention. Location is great, within short driving distance of major attractions. Grounds are well-maintained and rooms are in good shape. You should ask for a room that does not have a door facing Scottsdale Drive; there is a constant whir of traffic at all hours. Overall if you do not need a spa or a golf course, this place merits careful consideration.

Stayed November 2006
union, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

On October 12 and 13, we spent 2 nights at this resort. It was better than we expected. The front desk was very attentive and seeing my disappointment with a standard room overlooking parking lot, assigned me to a large room with a patio that had a wonderful view of tall palm trees, lush greenery and shrubs and was several feet from the south pool area. It was relaxing to sit on the patio and drink coffee in the am. The grounds with the 2 pools and fountains were beautiful. We had a nice dinner at En Fuego, sitting on their patio in the evening under a painted sky. It was a short drive to the shopping area and Old Town Scottsdale. I'm allergic to feathers and when I called the desk complaining about the comforter and pillows, housekeeping came within a few minutes and changed everything. We used the computer in their lobby to print out our e-ticket. Front desk, Lauren and Elizabeth were both pleasant and very accomodating.

• Liked — beds were great, large room 2 sinks
  • Disliked — 1st floor
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

I checked into the Doubletree last Friday night for a one night stay on business. I am a woman, I was traveling alone and yet the front desk still sent me out into the darkness with suitcases to navigate my way to my room. When the clerk was showing me how to get to my room on the map he handed me, I asked if there wasn't something closer and he replied "Oh it's well lighted ... you're going to love your room." Suffice it to say that it was not well lighted, I had to walk all the way around the pool area and past several resort buildings, dragging a suitcase, garment bag and laptop computer on a path that was decidedly not well lighted (think low dim mood lighting on the ground). When I finally got to my room, and dragged my luggage up the stairs (I couldn't find the elevator I was told was there), I opened my door, and didn't see the spiderweb until I had walked through it into the foyer of the room. After a few seconds of *&%$?!! and tears, I pulled myself together and went further into the room.
As for the room that I was going to "love," it was nothing special. Just your standard resort room. Certainly not worth feeling alone and abandoned on a long walk in the darkness.
I would not stay here again, unless I was arriving during the daytime, and probably not at all. I certainly don't recommend arriving at this property at night.

• Tips/Secrets — Arrive during the daylight.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

Rooms and grounds are excellent, each with a small patio. Food slightly better than average and priced about right. Could not believe they still want to charge for an internet connection. Staff very frliendly.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Athens, GR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

The property and the grounds are top notch. The rooms are large, clean and the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. Great architecture and interiors. Free wireless internet only available near lobby. Otherwise wired internet available in rooms for a fee. Breakfast experience was so-so mainly due to inadequate service. Otherwise staff very friendly. Close to downtown Scottsdale, shopping and restaurants - though not walking distance - nothing is out here!
Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

I saw some questionable reviews about the Doubletree so I went not knowing what to expect. The property is a little older (40 years old or so), but the landscaping, pool areas, overall condition of the rooms, restaurants, and everything else were just outstanding. It would have been a good deal for $50 more per night than we paid. The room was large and clean and had a great balcony that we ate on. It had a separate changing/makeup area that my wife utilized without having to take up the bathroom! The location is close by every major attraction that Scottsdale has to offer. Breakfast in the restaurant was fresh and tasty and not a bad value for an expensive area. The only shortcoming was that the tiles in the bathroom were a little dated and grungy around the edges.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale

Address: 5401 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Scottsdale
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 Top resorts Hotel in Scottsdale
#16 Romantic Hotel in Scottsdale
#23 Business Hotel in Scottsdale
#32 Family Hotel in Scottsdale
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Paradise Valley Hotel Scottsdale
Doubletree Scottsdale

If you own or manage DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.