“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town

You added HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town to your Saves list
HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4245 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

ALL people are incredible. Wonderful service, super clean, spacious, close to the nightlife of the city, 5 minutes walking from a great shopping.
The price may be a little higher than the others, but I guarantee it is worth every penny more

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you! Thank you! Come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My Husband and I had originally booked another hotel in Scottsdale, but after looking at the reviews, decided to book Hyatt House, and we are so glad we did. We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment. We asked for a quiet room, and although on the top floor, this was excellent. It came fully equipped with everything you need, right down to a cheese grater!!! It was spotlessly clean, air conditioning was perfect, and lovely comfy pillows (which I am a great criticizer of!). The staff at reception were always extremely helpful. Our flight back to the UK was not until 8pm in the evening, and we asked for a late checkout of 3pm, which they were happy to oblige at no extra cost. The pool was perfect, with separate cabanas if you wanted, fresh towels and a shower. I cannot praise this hotel enough. If I were ever to go back to Scottsdale this would be first on my list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, if available
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us before you headed back over the pond! I am thrilled that your experience was exactly what we strive for here at the House! We hope to see you back again on your next trip!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Love the July Price for what seems like a two bedroom apartment. Full kitchen and two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Found two dead roaches. One of the three tv did not work, probably dead battery in remote. I would stay here again for sure but would look around again before I did. We had a meeting in the hotel otherwise would not have stayed here. Breakfast buffet was best free buffet I have ever seen. Had omelet station!!

Stayed July 2014
Thanks for the review! I happen to agree there is absolutely no other place you can get a bountiful FREE buffet with omelet bar that compares to ours. Next time we want to blow you away so let us know when you come back.
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed four nights in a two bedroom trio - one king bed and two queens. The location is within walking distance to shops and restaurants, easy to get on 101 Loop, breakfast was good. We had a small glitch with the air conditioning, but maintenance came quickly and fixed. Overall it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Awesome! Thanks for staying with us!
Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here for four nights during a business trip here in Scottsdale. I had a two room suite and couldn't have been happier with all the space. I'm used to the standard studio type suites during my business travels but this was a really nice change. The staff is excellent and attentive to needs and available. The breakfast is well done and the coffee is better than the standard fare. The room was clean and the common areas were well tended to. The only nit I have is that it would be nice to have hot water and coffee available in the main building for those of us who work late or would like a cup of coffee after breakfast. Bottom line is that I would recommend this hotel if you have a stay in the Scottsdale area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. It means a lot and I am happy we could take of your needs!
Los Alamos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here for four days, as "base camp" when moving our recent college graduate to her first apartment. We piled the four of us into a single room with two double beds. Sigh...you know how this goes...build Ikea furniture during the day and into the night and then head back to the hotel to crash. The room was roomy in that bigger space way and we were able to have all those bags that you don't leave in your apartment until it is set up in the room and still have plenty of space for down time. The little frig was quiet enough and the maid was super about tidying up around all our stuff. Please keep in mind that we selected this hotel based on price, space, and location for the task at hand so if you are looking for that modern Hyatt brand hotel this may not be the spot for you.

The hotel breakfast was good even if the coffee was a bit weak. (I rescued the start of my day by stepping away from the breakfast area and getting a shot of Espresso from the limited item Starbucks station in the lobby.) I met a friend who lives nearby for a day of shopping while my poor husband puzzled out the Ikea for an additional day and the front desk called me a golf cart that took us around the area for tips.

The hotel was quiet and clean and reasonably priced so I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't have a room tip for you but I do have a parking warning. Parking is a bit tight as the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am glad you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon at the House!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I don't want to drone on listing everything but I have to say top to bottom the best hotel stay I have had in years. Excellent staff. Clean room and public areas. Great location. Just right on! Can't go wrong here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much!

Been to HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town? Share your experiences!