“A hidden gem in Scottsdale!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town

You added HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town to your Saves list
HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4245 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“A hidden gem in Scottsdale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

In the heart of Oldtown Scottsdale, the Hyatt House is close to so much, and yet out-of-the-way enough to provide a quiet and peaceful stay. The staff is nearly unbelievable in their willingness to serve, and the rooms are very comfortable. We were treated like royalty, and I don't have the status with the Hyatt chain that I do with other hotels. If you need a place to feel at home and to be a little bit pampered as a business traveller, check this Hyatt House out.

Room Tip: Many rooms face the pool; it's a little quieter if your room is not one of them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for the great words Kathy. Our staff really is top notch and happy that you experienced their fantastic service. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back.

Thank you!

Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here a few nights and were surprised at how quiet the property was. The grounds are kept in tip top shape. The gym was great to have. We used the pool and hot tub and both were very clean. Pool was also heated which was a bonus as we were there while it was raining. The rooms are huge and very clean and fairly new looking. The only thing which could be improved was the breakfast. It was nice having it included though. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the rooms and service we provide.

Dave M
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall we had a very good stay. We were there for the Fiesta Bowl football game, so the hotel was very full. I don't think the staff was ready for such a large crowd, but by the end of our stay they improved their service. The rooms were very nice, beds extremely comfortable, facility was clean and parking very convenient. The hotel is about 3 long blocks to Old Town and easy walking distance to several restaurants. They also have a hotel shuttle that will take you to Old Town or other shopping locations in Scottsdale. The morning complimentary breakfast was excellent and they have cocktails every evening. The lobby area of the hotel is very inviting with several places to sit and relax. This is really a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: There is a night club next to the hotel property that blasts loud music outside, which I heard some...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your response. It looks like we did most things right but next time we will make sure to wow you even more. Thanks for staying with us and I hope your team won!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've provided a couple of reviews of the Hyatt House before. In my second review I stated that the Hotel had lost some of its appeal. I've had an opportunity to stay there again and I'll have to say the Renovations and the staff has drawn me back.
The rooms are really nice, the breakfast has improved quite a bit and the overall feel of the property has improved. I still enjoy the backside of the hotel or rooms around the pool the most. It is convenient to Old Town and restaurants are in easy walking distance.
I'd recommend this hotel again. Good job Hyatt!

Room Tip: The inside near the pool or farther back in the buildings are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Well I'm glad to have won your confidence back. We enjoy having you stay with us and we want to please. Our excellent Guest Host in the morning will look out for you on your next visit to make sure you get your favorite loaction.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Dave
St. Louis,MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was on a golfing trip with 11 other guys. This property was perfect for what we were looking for. We stayed in several of the two bedroom suites. It had a nice living room and kitchenette area. The hotel was clean and recently updated. The morning breakfast was very average but it was quick and easy before heading out for rounds of golf. The hotel is conveniently located to Old Town Scottsdale bars and restaurants. In fact, we walked or took the golf cart shuttle service to everywhere.

I would recommend this for a family or larger groups. Great value in the Scottsdale area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the comments! It is a golfer haven in our Two Bedrooms. We have up to four beds in two separate rooms which makes it great for a foursome of golfers to come and relax!

Thanks for staying!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booking this hotel was the best thing about our recent trip to Scottsdale - the rooms are nicely decorated minisuites complete with full kitchen and a living room and bedroom (both with wide screen TV) - the best thing was the staff in the breakfast area though - they busted their butts everyday making sure the large number of guests were well fed and taken care of. Our best hotel experience in the last 10 years

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side (Bldg 14) which was very quiet - however, I don't know that location...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for noticing the effort! I am going to assume you were here for the Fiesta Bowl! It was great to have all the Kansas St purple and Oregon green here during that time Hopefully whoever you were pulling for will be back next year so you can enjoy us again!

Thanks!
Smith Center, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I mistakenly left a brand new sweater at the hotel in room 2633 on Dec. 28, 2012 and when I called the next day to retrieve the sweater I was told that they did not find it! I know that I left it so I know that the housekeeping staff stole the sweater! I would not ever stay in this hotel for that reason! I have stayed in less desirable hotels and have never had my items stolen by the housekeeping staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am sorry you are of the opinion that our staff has stolen from you. I have personally checked the situation out and there wasnt anything found in the room which was witnessed by two individuals. We have a very honest staff and never have issues like this come up.

If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Thank you.

Been to HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town? Share your experiences!