“good location and price for a two bedroom suite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town

You added HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town to your Saves list
HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4245 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay & Relax
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis,MO
“good location and price for a two bedroom suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was on a golfing trip with 11 other guys. This property was perfect for what we were looking for. We stayed in several of the two bedroom suites. It had a nice living room and kitchenette area. The hotel was clean and recently updated. The morning breakfast was very average but it was quick and easy before heading out for rounds of golf. The hotel is conveniently located to Old Town Scottsdale bars and restaurants. In fact, we walked or took the golf cart shuttle service to everywhere.

I would recommend this for a family or larger groups. Great value in the Scottsdale area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the comments! It is a golfer haven in our Two Bedrooms. We have up to four beds in two separate rooms which makes it great for a foursome of golfers to come and relax!

Thanks for staying!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booking this hotel was the best thing about our recent trip to Scottsdale - the rooms are nicely decorated minisuites complete with full kitchen and a living room and bedroom (both with wide screen TV) - the best thing was the staff in the breakfast area though - they busted their butts everyday making sure the large number of guests were well fed and taken care of. Our best hotel experience in the last 10 years

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side (Bldg 14) which was very quiet - however, I don't know that location...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for noticing the effort! I am going to assume you were here for the Fiesta Bowl! It was great to have all the Kansas St purple and Oregon green here during that time Hopefully whoever you were pulling for will be back next year so you can enjoy us again!

Thanks!
Smith Center, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I mistakenly left a brand new sweater at the hotel in room 2633 on Dec. 28, 2012 and when I called the next day to retrieve the sweater I was told that they did not find it! I know that I left it so I know that the housekeeping staff stole the sweater! I would not ever stay in this hotel for that reason! I have stayed in less desirable hotels and have never had my items stolen by the housekeeping staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am sorry you are of the opinion that our staff has stolen from you. I have personally checked the situation out and there wasnt anything found in the room which was witnessed by two individuals. We have a very honest staff and never have issues like this come up.

If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I had hoped the hotel would live up to its Hyatt reputation but no way. My responses would have been 5s but several issues arose. Hot tub didn't work. The fire pit didn't work. If I ran the hotel, during a chilly time of year, I would be sure to have those amenities in tip top shape. The maid came knocking (hard) too early. She disregarded the magnetic do not disturb sign and woke my sleeping infant during her much needed nap. If you're a parent, thats a very big deal. When I called the front desk to notify management, whoever it is, was not in so all I got was a "sorry about that reply". Also, immediately outside our room (4 feet) was the garbage located under the stairs. Nobody enjoys looking at a garbage dump from every window let alone smelling it. Finally, the breakfast left much to be desired. Stale tasting microwaved frozen foods. We gave it a few tries and then had no choice but to eat at the pricey Breakfast Club down the street (best hot chocolate I have ever had). The overall hotel experience was not worth what I paid. Very sad.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the response. It looks like we didnt do much right during your stay and I apologize that you had this experience. We strive to have every guest happy and satisified and we didnt do that here.

I have spoken to our management team about all issues to ensure they do not happen again. I hope you give us another shot to meet your expectations as we have for so many people.

Thanks again for letting us know!
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We travel to Scottsdale quite frequently and this is our FAVORITE location to stay! Close to shopping near the civic center (walking distance), close to great restaurants (walking distance) and also near a nicer part of Scottsdale. We were surrounded by apartments and nicer resorts so the demographics were also really desirable.

We have stayed in the double suites (not sure if that's right) but we had two seperate sleeping areas and a common living/kitchen area. Great if you can afford it and if you're staying with a larger group of travelers.

The pool and lounge area are fantastic! They have happy hours and appetizers almost every night, a pool, a hot tub, and grilling areas - which are all great when you'd rather spend the night on property instead of dining out.

Room Tip: Any room is great! The closer to the pool, the better. Sometimes based on the cleaning rotation it t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! Thank you!

We appreciate the great comments!
Auburn, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I selected this hotel for several reasons: it was close to Fashion Mall, reasonably priced for Scottsdale, parking was free, breakfast was included and the shopping package was attractive. I reserved the conference room suite as it was the only room available with a refrigerator. It was a huge room with an 8 person conference table. It had an additional bathroom and a full kitchen that was equipped with nice mugs, wine glasses, dishes etc. The hotel is a two story conversion with no elevator. Not really an issue for us and the staff was more than willing to help schlep the bags up the stairs. The breakfast was a disappointment and I plan to let the manager know about it. Breakfast was available from 7-10. On the first morning we arrived late at close to 9:30. They had not replenished the English muffins or bagels and several of us had to ask repeatedly for that to be done. The so called hot eggs were not appealing. On the second morning we got there earlier at 8 thinking it would be an improvement. It was better but not by much. The brown bread was gone and I discovered that the white bread was moldy. Gross. I wonder how many others before me had not noticed. On both days the fruit offering was marginal. All in all this hotel was not up to Hyatt standards.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, you should request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear of your past experience. It seems as though you were told that certain rooms had refrigerators and others didnt. All our rooms have them so no need to decide what room type to be in. So good news there. Also we were built as Hyatt House/Summerfield property so no conversion issues to worry about.

It did sound like our complimentary full breakfast buffet let you down. We are on it and making sure everything is of the highest quality every day.

We hope to have you stay again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hyatt House in Old Town Scottsdale is within walking distance of all that Old Town has to offer. The rooms are newly renovated, the grounds include a nice pool and fire pit area. The staff is extremely friendly. And the morning breakfast is a full hot breakfast. Makes you want to stay a month!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you. I appreciate you recognizing the fire pit. I think it is a great spot to gather and enjoy the evening.

Thanks for the nice words!

Been to HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town? Share your experiences!