“Very Slow Service.....Average Food !!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Scottsdale

Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Scottsdale
8977 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 504, Scottsdale, AZ 85253 (South Scottsdale)
(480) 998-1366
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,024 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Mc Donald and Lincoln
Description: ‘Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First and Only APN Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani and VPN Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very Slow Service.....Average Food !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The decor is wonderful.... Live the outdoor / patio bar! Then the experience stops! At the bar, a lady was waiting for 40 minutes for 1 expresso. The pizza is very average and bland. The menu is limited and the items that are not pizza seem rather strange to be in this menu! Living off their reputation that will change in a new location with many choices .

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Are we all at the same place??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pomo used to be at the Borgata and is now at Gainey Village shops. The website on this link has a 7th street address....it's all the same company.

This is 5 minutes from the house so it is critical that I try places in the "hood". Sorry I did here...took one for the team. The place is beautiful...loved the décor and everything is new...great patio. Service was good-a little slow- but maybe they are ironing out the new place.

Most importantly, the food was really bland, from start to finish. It must be the marinara sauce, but then again the Bruschetta was bland too....I never add salt or pepper to food but found myself shaking both after one bite. The pizza was so bland and average that I didn't even bother taking leftovers home. My wife's pasta was similarly average/awful. Kids had no complaints.

Maybe it was an off night, but this trip made me NOT want to try it again, even if it was.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“I'm still thinking about the pizza...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Came here on a random Friday night after bookmarking it awhile ago after seeing the glowing reviews. When we pulled up via pedicab, we realized this was the place they had been working on the last time we ventured into SquashBlossom. The patio area looked nice but it was way too hot that night to sit outside so we opted for the dinning room.

When we walked in, the place was nearly full but we were greeted and sat near the back wall at a small table. Our waitress was friendly and we both ordered cocktails that were really good. We opted to get the Focaccia bread as an appetizer and then share the Mango Salad and Peppino pizza. I requested that the Mango salad be made with other greens besides arugula. As I mentioned in the Zpizza review, since when has this crappy, peppery green become so fashionable?!?! If I want my salad to taste like an herb, I'll add it, thank you very much. When I asked for a substitution with one of the other greens listed on the menu, our waitress said they couldn't really do it, that the salads were pre-made. I probably should have opted for a different salad but she said it was a blend so I thought I could probably overlook it if there wasn't a lot of it.

We received a basket of bread that was just okay in flavor. It was nice and soft though and at first I thought it was the Focaccia appetizer but then it arrived, nearly taking up our whole table! It wasn't quite what I had expected though. It was definitely flatbread that had been baked but the waitress advertised it as being able to be dipped in their homemade vinegar and oil. That's what sold me on it so I had expected some bread that actually soaked up the oil. If you've ever had a salad at Gelato spot, it was a lot like their bread under their salads. Picture a really big, baked tortilla. There's not a lot there to soak up anything.

Our salad came out next. Sadly, 10% was baby lettuce and the rest arugula. Everything else on this salad was really good but the arugula overpowered every other flavor. I wouldn't get it again and it would be nice if restaurants stopped serving this crap but I digress...

By the time we were done with our salads, our table was overflowing with dishes, drinks, bread, appetizers, water glasses, oils. It was almost claustrophobic. We ended up setting several things on the floor so we didn't dump anything. The place is tiny so they can't have massive tables but it would be helpful if the staff paid a bit more attention to how much they put on our table and keeping it clear.

Now for the reason for the 4 stars. The PIZZA. It was sooooo good. Everything was super fresh. The cheese, the ricotta, the sauce, the sausage! This was probably the best tasting sausage I've ever had on a pizza. We devoured the entire thing like it was going to be snatched from us at any moment. It blows Pizzeria Bianco out of the water and eases out over Cibo with the crust and sauce and toppings just slightly.

Once we sufficiently stuffed ourselves with pizza, the owner and head chef came by our table and gave us each a shot of Limoncello that was super strong and really good and some odd fried dough of some sort with powdered sugar. All compliments of the house. The dough was tasteless though so maybe they were just trying to give it away? The owner was nice enough to bring it over but definitely wasn't overly friendly, smile or even thanked us for our business.

Even after all the other faults of this place, I'm still thinking about that pizza and its been a few weeks since we visited. I'll have no problem going back. Hopefully very soon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Next best thing to a trip to Naples!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The best authentic Italian food experience I have ever had in Arizona. Go. Do not delay! the owner even brought complimentary limoncello and cookies to our table.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic pizzas but belw par service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Have visited before & enjoyed great pizzas. Same again last night but the service was pretty inattentive & unfriendly. Had to walk up to staff to ask for more wine & waitress was quite surly. Pizza was great but they are getting thicker with more cheese & topping which is not the traditional Neapolitan way. Perhaps this is to suit the American market? Would still recommend a visit.

Visited May 2013