“One of the Top Thai Phoenix Restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Soi Four is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,025 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Doubletree
Transit: E Doubletree
Description: From the Siri Group, a family business that owns and operates four highly acclaimed restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area; the original Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant, Basil Thai Restaurant and Bar, Basil Canteen and Soi Four Bangkok Eatery is proud to bring our newest addition Soi Four Bangkok Eatery to Scottsdale. "Soi" is a Thai word for side streets or alleyways that, together, form the essential lifeline that makes up the fabric of Bangkok city. Like the city, our menu is a modern take on the traditional through the use of fresh local ingredients, sustainable practice, and creative approach to authentic Thai dishes. At Soi 4, we also offer Thai inspired artisanal cocktails and a wide variety of local and imported beers. ….influenced, accented, tinged, anything but "fusion'. We like to see it as a beginning of something interesting. Chai yo – Cheers!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“One of the Top Thai Phoenix Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My fiancee and I aren't hardcore Thai fans, and it's sometimes difficult to have Thai food that tastes amazing. That being said, we've been very impressed with two Thai restaurants in Phoenix, Latitutde 8 and Soi Four. The dish i had at Soi Four wasn't amazing, but it was delicious. The drinks at Soi Four really are unique and full of flavor. The chicken curry dish that my fiancee had was the highlight of the evening. The restaurant has a very metro feel when you're there and the service was great. If you want to have good Thai food in Scottsdale, drop by Soi Four and enjoy yourself.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Haven, Connecticut
“Great unexpected experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at nearby Gainey Suites and the gentleman at the shopping center wine shop recommended Soi 4. What a great find! Trendy, modern interior was quite attractive. Very attentive service from a very pleasant staff. We went during Happy Hour and got three $5 appetizers to start. Small but very tasty plates, well presented. Spring rolls, roti with a green curry sauce were good. On a whim, got a half bottle of inexpensive Sake (bottled in Oregon which was a little bit of a let down) but it added to the fun experience (we're not sake drinkers). For the entree, my companion got a chicken dish which was excellent and I got the crab fried rice which was a little bland but what I was in the mood for...Overall, a great value, sleek and trendy decor, interesting food and attentive service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“enjoyed the meal...rice not included”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had the honey roasted duck which had a small amount of duck in a curry sauce with lychee and pineapple. My husband had an eggplant dish, I believe stuffed with eggplant and cabbage. We were told the rice is not included so we said we will order one to share. I thought for $1.50 for a side of rice we would get enough but it was such a tiny amount. Rice is not that expensive and to charge for the side of it and give you a tiny amount is ridiculous. We had to get two orders and it still was not enough. I liked the interior of the restaurant, it is beautifully decorated. I doubt I would go back here. It just didn't wow me enough. Everything we ate was good, but I am taking a star off for the very small portion size and the rice rip-off.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Our Thai Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our first time eating Thai food & thus our first time at Soi 4. We plan a trip to Thailand this year so thought we'd better sample some Thai cooking & Soi 4 came recommended. The restaurant, while casual, has an understated sophistication. We enjoyed a couple of beers from Thailand & ordered appetizers. The fresh mustard leaf wraps stuffed with roasted coconut, prawns,sweet palm & herbs were to die for. The spicy corn cakes were also very good. Our entrees were ample & intruigingly delicious - wok-fried crispy sliced chicken & green beans and the prawns & fried eggplant with basil chili wine sauce. Both had a "kick" but were not overpowering. We couldn't pass up dessert & had the fried banannas & coconut ice cream and the crispy mango w/vanilla ice cream. We very much enjoyed our 1st venture into Thai food & Soi 4 was the place to go.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Imaginative Thai Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have visited Soi 4 on two occasions recently. I went to lunch the first time. Had chicken with
green curry sauce and it was absolutely delicious. Went back for a second time about a week later with my husband and another couple. The dinner menu is very interesting. Each of us tried
a soup. Think we all had different entrees. I had scallops. Delicious. Cannot wait to return.

Attractive contemporary architecture and decor of the restaurant. There is a balcony that I hadn't noticed before. Very interesting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere