“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Afternoon Tea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,067 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: English
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camelback Road and 64th Street
Description: In the English tradition, afternoon tea is served daily in the Lobby Tea Court. Consistently voted "Best Afternoon Tea" by the Phoenix New Times and Arizona Republic readers, full tea includes finger sandwiches, scones with Devonshire cream and preserves, pastries and a selection of fine blends. Classical music provides a charming backdrop for a relaxing afternoon break. A Gluten-Free menu is available with advance notice.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My first "tea" experience and definitely not my last. The cost was a little high, but worth the experience.

Visited September 2012
PhoenicianManager, Manager at Afternoon Tea, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are so pleased to hear that your first visit to our afternoon tea was so memorable! We take great pride in creating exceptional experiences for our guests, and look forward to providing this to you once again in the near future! Cheers!

Phoenix, AZ
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I wrote an earlier review of my stay at The Phoenician and of Il Terrazzo, but I neglected to include the rest of my trip highlights- one of which is Afternoon Tea. This is a MUST DO experience when visiting the resort and the area. The food is incredible, I love mini-sized food! Also, the service is impecable. The ladies, Wanda and Natalie provided us flawless service and they have such an attention to detail. Thank you for the most enjoyable afternoon! I am glad I skipped lunch and I was able to indulge in Tea!

Also we had a drink later at the Thirsty Camel and Jake is a doll!! Can't wait to be back sometime soon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wedgewood and scones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

On passing the lobby I saw that wonderful china on the tables and so we dressed up and had an afternoon tea. Not only the wedgewood china was just perfect, we loved all sandwiches, scones, and the Chocolate strawberries and the Eclairs with the 3rd course were the best! It was so much to eat, we were almost sad we couldn't eat more... Great choice of teas, would say, a good place for guests that love it luxury and with class.

Visited August 2012
“Best Afternoon Tea in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Looking for a rich, indulgent tea experience? Look no further than the afternoon tea offered at The Phoenician. The setting is off the main lobby with rich decor and huge windows offering a panoramic view of the valley.

There are many tea selections to choose from: whites, greens, herbals, and this time we tried the roobioos and my companion tried the black currant.

The first course are the tea sandwiches and include the requisite cucumber, a chicken salad, smoked salmon, egg salad, & our personal favorite: crisp asparagus & ham. Presentations are exquisite and the tiny garnishes delight. You'll enjoy munching these goodies on bone china, yes I peeked, and of course it's made in England. Presentation is everything here. Place settings are so inviting and you'll feel so indulgent.

The second course includes a cranberry and buttermilk scone served with an excellent lemon curd, divine devonshire cream, and strawberry preserves.The final course includes a medley of tiny goodies like an eclair, fruit tart, chocolate dipped strawberry, shortbread, a refreshing mango mousse, and more. Seconds are offered on every course and you'll find yourself saying, "Why yes, I'd love to have more" even though you can feel your waist band tightening.

Service is seamless, friendly, personal, and indulgent. The pace is leisurely and lovely and encourages chatting. you'll recognize your servers as they've been with The Phoenician for years and they'll remember you too.

After enjoying a leisurely tea, you'll want to take in the view of our valley stretching from the east valley (you can see the BOA building at Alma School) through the Papago Buttes. It's a stunning view and not to be missed. In the cooler months, after we force ourselves to leave the tea lobby, we like to continue our conversation outdoors on the patio and enjoy the ambiance.

Yesterday, I introduced my 20 year old daughter to my favorite place to take tea and she fell in love with the experience. "Mom, I don't want this to end," she said. Oh, she gets it, she really does.

I've sampled tea at all the "best" places in Phoenix and this one is truly the best. Try it and see if you agree.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Afternoon Tea at the Phoenician Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Phoenician Resort afternoon tea continues to be our go to favorite spot in Phoenix. Last week my mother and myself met some friends, one of which is a non-glutton/vegetarian. I called to make the reservation, requested the special food, I was told there would be not problem. A couple days before the tea got a confirmation email. It was so nice to have our friend join us and for her to be able to completely enjoy the splendors of afternoon tea. Once again an excellent example of the Phoenician going above and beyond.