“Very good - for Scottsdale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gelato Spot Caffe

Gelato Spot Caffe
4166 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3908 (Downtown Scottsdale)
+1 480-425-8100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #123 of 1,025 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Gelato Spot Caffe in Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona offers wood fired pizzas, panini sandwiches, salads, coffee, beer, wine and much more. It's a fun casual place with food thats made with passion and fresh ingredients. Our family cares about the business and we strive everyday to make our guests feel special.
illinois
“Very good - for Scottsdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Old town Scottsdale is no mecca for pizza, let me tell you. But their brick oven pizza is pertty good. This place is fun, lively but not annoying or bothersome. It's not too expensive, and the people are really nice. The gelato can't match what we eat when we head down in Elmwood Park Illinois or the old Italian Chicago neighborhoods, but it's better than passable. And you don't have to freeze your butt off in a wet, icy place like Chicago to enjoy it!

Very casual, great open-air dining room, nice selection.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kettering
“Back for seconds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

This is our second visit and both times we stopped here twice for gelato. The salty caramel and mint choc were my favorites. Staff doesn't mind the request to sample more than a few flavors. Nice atmosphere to enjoy the treat. And hey, the bathrooms were big and clean. Always a plus. But watch the sink. I know this is odd, but the sink is so shallow and as I plunged my hands under the water I met the sink quickly. Ouch. Happened to all 4 of us!

“Gelato for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Yum. Yum. Coffee and Gelato. Great after pizza. Good flavor to the gelato.

Naperville, IL
“THE BEST GELATO/SORBET EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My Husband and I visited this Gem last year and about 2.5 weeks ago. Since I cannot eat Gelato...I eat Sorbet. The Gelato Spot has the BEST Sorbet I have ever indulged in. Especially the Banana Flavor....Soooooooo Awesome! My husband could try one of each flavor of Gelato. A Huge Variety of Flavors in Both Gelato and Sorbet. Price is not a factor for me. I even had a 2nd dish of Banana....Sooo Awesome! Check it out....you will NOT be disappointed. I get texts as well and I really shouldn't as I live the Chicago Area and have not found one Sorbet that comes close to The Gelato Spot. Plus they are 4 locations and they are frequently on Groupon as Well..

• Visited March 2012
Tommy P, Owner at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
I don't know why but everyone from Chicago is super nice. What's in the water out there. We have blood orange sorbet right now, come check it out on your next visit. It's only available till March.

Tommy
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

If you're a gelato lover (like myself) this place is for you. Many different types and all pretty good. the cone is also real good.
As a plus, have a really nice environment, chair and tables to hang around while tasting your gelato