“Imaginative & Affordable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FnB

FnB
7125 E 5th Ave #31, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-284-4777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 963 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Vancouver Island, BC
“Imaginative & Affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took my husband here on our anniversary, and from the moment we walked in the door, we felt special. First they greeted us with two glasses of Champagne! Then they thrilled us with amazing food.

Now to be clear, this is a causal, crazy busy, postage stamp sized restaurant. So if you are looking for quiet, romantic and luxurious, this is not it. But if amazing, innovative food and reasonable prices is what you want, this is the place. Particularly impressive were the number of vegetable dishes on offer and how imaginatively they were prepared. We are not vegetarians, but we travel a lot and get tired of the endless monster plates of proteins so common in most restaurants. We loved FnB and would go back again and again if we lived in Scottsdale.

Visited February 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“This is the way your mom would have cooked if she had the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for a small, intimate dining experience where they serve food from local farms, this is the place for you. Our evening at FnB was a memorable one - the appetizers and main courses were outstanding (we had chicken and steak), leaving no room for dessert. But Pavle insisted, and we loved it. This is a great place to sit and talk over a meal. Not too quiet, but not overly loud. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Food in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Small, intimate, cozy space staffed with attentive (yet non-obtrusive) servers who know the small menu inside and out. Local and seasonal ingredients are highlighted and all our dishes were perfectly prepared. I cannot recommend FnB enough.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“FnB is how every restaurant should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

FnB is how every restaurant should be. Unfortunately this will not happen because Pavle Milic, who runs the place, cannot be at every restaurant.

This is a small, friendly restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale, that just happens to have some of the best food you will find. I always feel welcomed & taken care of by the staff. I've come here with friends, but I've also come alone & felt totally welcome. I like sitting up at the counter, and I've actually met some really great people to chat with there. Pavle & Chef Charlene run the place, & they are the kind of people who always make you feel like they are glad you are there.

Chef Charlene does things with food that make it amazing, & these are things that I myself could never accomplish. This is the best restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ by far & still my favorite restaurant in the world.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“A lot of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I recently had dinner at FnB and sat at the chef's counter. What a blast! It was like eating at someone's home and the food was really good. They have a tiny kitchen with just 3 or 4 people working in it and they cook everything right in front of you. The appetizers were creative and delicious and my steak was wonderful!

I hope to go back.