“A lot of fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FnB

FnB
7125 E 5th Ave #31, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-284-4777
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
“A lot of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I recently had dinner at FnB and sat at the chef's counter. What a blast! It was like eating at someone's home and the food was really good. They have a tiny kitchen with just 3 or 4 people working in it and they cook everything right in front of you. The appetizers were creative and delicious and my steak was wonderful!

I hope to go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Once again, Vanessa knows where to go for food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My friend Vanessa is what I call a restaurant foodie. She always picks the best places to eat. And even though she doesn't live in Scottsdale, when she visits me here she still has the 'in' on where to go for tasty yum-yum food. Oh her advice we went to FnB last night. We split an entre of fresh leaks with cheese and an egg served sunny side up which they broke the yoke at the table and poured the 'sauce' over the rest of the dish. This was served with bread and proved to be just the right size for a true appetizer. For dinner I had the chicken which was served baked and crusted. It was a little dry but still good. I liked the vegetables served alongside whih I think were beans and spinach. Vanessa and I split a side dish: brussel sprouts served with grapes. Holy cow! So unique and yummy! It made my tummy happy.
Vanessa had pasta. I didn't even try hers as we were having such a great conversation in the cozy restaurant I didn't even think to do so but she seemed to like her dish as well. For dessert, we ordered the butterscotch pudding with whipped cream. This was not Vanessa's pick and she didn't like it at all. If jello is your idea of pudding this isn't your dish. I liked it just fine. Very thick and gritty.

So why only 4 out of 5 stars? Vanessa and I had one glass of wine. It was good. But no one ever asked if we wanted more. I would have had probably one other drink. But the red wine Vanessa ordered was simply fabulous!

What a great night. I can't wait to have an excuse to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Worcester
“Taste Bud Bonanza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thanks to TripAdvisor we came across FnB. This place rocks. Great food, generous portions, and a great value for what you're getting. We liked it so much that we wanted to go back last night but it was closed. It's only open Wed-Sunday. Restaurant is small. Best seating is at U shaped counter. Great place to dine alone or with 1 other person. I like green salads. Had the best salad of my life at FnB. Fresh, creative, distinctive. Split salad if ordering main course. Portions are large for the quality. I had the lamb tenderloin. Awesome!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Return to FnB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm giving it 4 stars mostly because of the first time there. On a previous trip to the Phoenix area, we stumbled into FnB shortly after it opened completely by mistake, I thought we were at Cowboy Ciao (and didn't realize we weren't until we'd started eating). We had such a great time sitting at the bar watching them cook, being taken care of by Pavle who felt like our friend. Had excellent trout and some other entree, he had us taste an appetizer, etc. Even tho I always want to try new places, we had to go back but it was kind of like that saying 'you can't go home again'. Part of the problem was we weren't so hungry but the menu didn't seem as enticing. Split a nice pasta dish w/ lobster mushrooms and other veggies, done well but a bit overpriced at $25. Everyone was friendly but it just didn't have the same impact as that first visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Place for Foodies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are the type that needs just a big plain steak with a big potato this place might not be for you. The dishes are interesting and different and feature the best local produce either in small plates or with an interesting and different dinner. The menu changes so you might not be able to get what we had. We started with Crispy Chick Peas, Beet falafel plate and the famous award winning Leek dish. Dinner was Corvina and Pork Shank with Bok Choy and watermelon radish Kim Chi. Everything was seasoned so well and everything was really delicious, it was wonderful. I do note this is a small restaurant I think they only had 13 tables and a counter where you can watch the Chef. They do carry Arizona wines.It gets a little cold by the tables near the front door in the winter so you might reserve a table in the back in the winter time. Service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012