“Fun time with some friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Su Vino Winery

Su Vino Winery
7035 E. Main Street, Suite 110, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-994-8466
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 181 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Arts District of Downtown Scottsdale, Su Vino Winery offers a one of a kind experience. Come sip, sample and savor any of our award winning wines at Scottsdale's first winery. Private Labeled Wine, Custom Wine, Corporate Gifts and Wedding Wines.
Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
“Fun time with some friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I bought a groupon for four and invited a couple of friends to join us on our first visit to this winery. I placed a reservation the day before and, when we arrived (a little bit early), the table was ready, waiting for us. We spent a couple of hours there, eating appetizers and drinking wine. It was relaxing and fun! They have a lot of wines with frutty favors but I liked them: Summer Rain and Peachy Keen were my favorites! For the appetizers, we ordered Antipasto and a Cheese Platter and we closed the night with truffles.

Visited September 2013

Denver, CO
28 attraction reviews
“Disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had found and bought a Groupon prior to leaving for our trip to Scottsdale. Thought this would be a nice addition to our short vacation as we enjoy wine bars and tastings.
We arrived a little later in the day and granted it was Sunday. Place was busy however & all tables were full so only option was to sit at the bar. There were 3 or 4 other couples seated at the bar as well.
Once situated two warm glasses of water were delivered... it was 90+ degrees outside... guess the ice melted!! First server took our Groupon and asked which 5 wines each we wanted to taste. I went with a selection of reds and my wife the white/fruity variants. The first taste was quickly poured and from there it went into a downward spiral.

We waited over 15 minutes for the second taster. As there were only two people on duty I'd expect some delay but I was beginning to feel ignored. A server appeared, different from the first and prepared our second taste... major error in my opinion... he poured the second taste into the same glass without rinsing any remanents from the first sample... I have never experienced this in any winery tasting room before. Always a fresh glass or at least a pitcher of water and dump container to rinse out the glass. After seeing this we reverted to using aforementioned warm glasses of water to pour into our taster glasses to rinse... no where to dump it so we had to drink it!! Typically at a wine tasting, the wine is described, outlining its dryness, flavors, etc. but not here... you're on your own...figure it out!!

Taste 3 of five was another 15 minutes as both servers were spending considerable time at a table of women or with other couples at the bar. Suppose they were paying full price rather than a Groupon offer so they deserved a little more attention.

As the Groupon also included an appetizer plate we expected at least an offer to order but didn't happen. We had to ask if we could place an order between taste 3 and 4. We selected the cheese plate which was put together at the bar out of what looked like pre-prepared little baggies of cheese & fruit.

In summary, service was horrible, wines were average at best. Glad I had the Groupon otherwise I would have been really put off spending full price dollars... maybe the service would have been better?? To complete the tasting plus on glass of wine (poured into the same taster glass I might add) took over 2 hours. Its nice to relax but...Think I'll find another location to have a glass of wine the next time I'm in Scottsdale.

Visited October 2013
Kensington, MD
9 attraction reviews
“Not for people that like nice wine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The wine is overly fruity and quite terrible. It may appeal to people who don't actually like wine. The caprese salad was bland; a dreadful but huge beefsteak tomato that may have been refrigerated at some point. Mozzarella cheese had only the flavor of the balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Perhaps our expectations were out of line for Arizona.
Service was friendly, though!

Visited September 2013
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am not a wine drinker but I got the groupon deal for a friend and tagged along. Our waiters were very pleasant and attentive. This was our first time here so I don't know of the pours were less because of our groupon. The warm Brie plate was good. I even liked a couple of the wines so much I bought 2 bottles! They might have made me a wine drinker!

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had found a groupon for this winery which is how we knew of it while we were in town. It was not a busy time which was nice. We got to see some wine being bottled and chatted with the owner for awhile! He gave us a great wine lesson & background on his business. Wine was great! Our caprese appetizer was fantastic too!

Visited June 2013