“Worth every penney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt River Rafting

Salt River Rafting
6826 East Edgemont Ave., Scottsdale, AZ (South Scottsdale)
719-539-3555
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: * Whitewater Rafting just hours from Phoenix, Tucson & Flagstaff, AZ * Discover Arizona's "other Grand Canyon" with Salt River Rafting - the pros since 1992 * Half Day, 1 Day and Multi-day Whitewater Rafting Adventures * Sun, Splashes, Scenery, Saguaros = Big Smiles!
Mission Viejo, California, United States
“Worth every penney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We just came back from taking the full day raft trip. I would recommend SRR to anyone who's interested in having a fun day on the river with a great staff and meeting new people. The guides with SRR are extreamly professional, very safety oriented, knowledgeable about the local area and super fun! We did some Class III rapids but not many since the river was low but our guide Aaron kept us entertained with nose dunks (the front of the boat dips into the river). Aaron was a great guide. He's somewhat quiet but very, very experienced and knew alot about the local plants, rock formations and birds. He's been a guide in Thailand, costa Rica and several rivers in California. I highly recommend him. the guides served a great lunch at their base camp where they live for 2 months during the rafting season). They BBQ burgers, sausage, veggies burgers and all the fixins. They even did all the dishes! You can tell these guys have alot of experience and even though it was the end of Easter break and they'd been very busy, they made me feel like I was taking their first trip.I would go with SRR again in a heartbeat. Thank you SRR for a great day!!!!!!

Visited April 2012
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thank you Gretchen for your review. Aaron is definitely not your loud, bragging guide and yet he is the one who has probably done more crazy stuff in a raft on his own than anybody out there. The crew at SRR this year has just been outstanding, my hat is off to them and hoping they all come back next year as our season is ending this Sunday, April 22nd, 2012.

Peoria, Arizona
23 attraction reviews
“Amazing Guide, Amazing time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My son (26) and his girlfriend (23) were visiting from Iowa this past week. I purchased a voucher for them to do the 1 day raft trip. The directions are good, but a slight bit vague. The guide was fantastic according to my son. He thought they had the best possible guide! They drove almost 3 hours to experience this trip.
He said the food and encounters were well worth the price and then some.
Highly recommended!

Visited April 2012
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thanks Michael for taking the time to write us an amazing review. Next I want to here that you will be coming to the amazing Salt River Canyon to spend a day with us. Thanks!
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome!! Rafting the Salt river canyon...a must do!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband I just went on a 1-day raft trip with Salt River Rafting. They are an awesome group of people. We had Aaron for a guide and he was incredible. Extremely informative with all aspects of the adventure (I.e., flora, fauna, geology, history, science, etc.). All the guides were great, but we felt like we had the best. Our boat was a family of 4 (2 young children-6 & 9) and us. A lot of fun & good company. This was our first raft trip and would definitely do it again. We had plenty of times to paddle, ride the rapids and get all wet, and even relax! Half way thru we stopped for a grilled lunch (burgers, dogs & veggie burgs) along with delicious sides...all was great!! At the end of the trip, back where you started, they have cd's available for $40 if you want to buy pictures. Definitely recommend going on this trip...and recommend this company!!

Visited April 2012
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thanks Marlana, as Aaron is fond of saying "I really love what I do and I wouldn't be able to do it without you." It's the perfect time of the season for family trips, friendly water and hot sunny days in the Sonoran Desert of one of the most beautiful places on earth.
“Micro Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I just got back to my office after the three day and realized that I am still looking at pics from your website and YouTubing every video of the Upper Salt I can find. I had an amazing time and feel as if there is still river water coursing thru my blood. Paul, Tango and Flint were our guides and the three of them got our old, fat [--] down that river like we were kids again!!! I had the pleasure of riding in Paul’s raft and I am here to tell you that he was a hoot. Paul was able to blend into our group and once acclimated to the way we act(which is mostly childish and raunchy when the wives aren’t around) was like a chameleon and he made us feel comfortable. He was full of knowledge of the area and made sure there was never a dull moment. Flint captained the gear boat on this trip and was full of passion for rafting and made for amusing time around the fire. I wish they both could have been in our raft the whole time. I am used to hiking and backpacking all over the AZ so turning over the reins of camp to someone else was a little unnerving but this crew had their stuff square. They took care of the clients first and second and only after we were lounging around did they take care of themselves. The food was first rate and no expense was spared when it came to gourmet cooking. This definitely was not a Chef Boyardee trip. I have eaten everything from Mountain House, Ramen and MRE’s to smoked turkey and real mashed potatoes on trips but never have I seen the culinary expertise delivered by this crew. I know that everything tastes better in the field, especially after a day of working hard, but the plates of food we were served would have been at home in the neighborhood steakhouse. I am sure I speak for everybody on our trip when I say that this was a first rate ADVENTURE and I can’t wait till I get the chance to do something like this again.

I applaud your passion and deeply respect the experience you all have.

Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful scenery and a fun and knowledgeable guide - a great experience all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I definitely would recommend Salt River Rafting. It makes for a great day trip from Phoenix and the views of the canyons are amazing. Our guide, Chicago, kept the experience fun and had a steady stream of corny jokes to keep the group laughing. The food was better than our expectations, with fresh fruit, chips and salsa, salad, potato salad and yummy burgers and brats. We had such a great time that we are considering returning for an overnight trip (with Chicago, of course!)

Visited March 2012
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Chicago is the man and we do take pride in the quality of our lunch, thanks so much Natasha!