“Love your Dad? Take him here” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo de chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,023 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of E Lincoln Dr
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Love your Dad? Take him here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just ate at Fogo for the first time with my family for Father's Day. A friend recommended it so I made reservations. I think I'm officially my dad's favorite now ;) Thank you Fogo! For your juicy meats, prompt service, and being a one of a kind restaurant.
I think my family had some reservations about Brazilian Steakhouse's since the movie Bridesmaids came out, but you blew our minds! If you can impress my dad, you're pretty much family. We look forward to seeing you every major holiday Fogo Family!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Buckeye, Arizona
“Interesting one time experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had looked forward to our monthly golf foursome restaurant outing. We decided on Fogo De Chao because one member of our group had had previous positive experiences. Salad bar was very good and the meat choices were good. Disappointed that they took the filet off the restaurant week menu. Enjoyed the beef ribs the best on the first go round, but the second time I got served slices that had already been cut and were already dried out. Worst part of the evening was that two guys from our foursome had to make unexpected trips to the restroom. Not a repeat dining experience for me.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Marco's the best!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Please bring back Marco's version of the Apple Salad!! This was one of my favorite items on the salad bar, but when I went there on Mother's Day it was very dry so I didn't eat it!!!! Also, Marco has done an amazing job at picking out the New Zealand lamb chops!!! They were very tender and melted in my mouth!! Great job Marco!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“I will not come back to Fogo de Chao Scottsdale”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday, and my wife and I wanted a fancy place to celebrate and wanted to go on restaurant week since it is cheaper for $40 a person including dessert. We wanted either Fogo de Chao, Ruth Chris, or Morton's steakhouse. Restaurant week is May 17-28 and Fogo (Scottsdale location) is included there, but their other website says May 18-26. My wife called Fogo to clarify this, the lady on the phone said that because the Arizonarestaurantweek.com website said it's May 17-26 that they would honor it for Saturday 5/17. Because of that, we decided to make the reservation there and gave my phone number. When we got there on Saturday night, the hostess did not even say hello or smile. We checked in for party of two (I had not mentioned restaurant week yet) and she told us with an attitude that they will not honor the restaurant week price because starts on Sunday (so they did know that I had clarified and they did not even have the courtesy to call me again to tell me it starts on Sunday). We kindly explained to her the situation. She then said that she will ask her manager but most likely will be a NO. Then, she came and said the manager had said no and that if we wanted to make reservations for tomorrow or stay and pay the regular price, "sorry for the inconvenience." We calmly said we wouldn't stay, and then she said ok and just turned around with a don't care attitude.

I'm not a complainer, this is my first time writing a review. We got all dress up on Saturday and were so excited to be eating at a fancy place for a cheaper price. This was very inconvenient since now Morton's and Ruth Chris (they did start on Saturday) were all booked. Had Fogo called me to tell me that they would not start until Sunday, I would have enough time to make reservations in another steak house. I guess our experience would not have been so bad had the hostess been friendlier about it. We ended up going next door to Paul Martin's American Grill and they are friendly and food is great.

Visited May 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great service, very attentive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The host was kind and sat us quickly. Immediately after being sat we were greeted by one of three different servers who saw to our dining experience. It was noisy but sometimes that's not a bad thing. The food is always great and this trip was no different. I highly recommend this fantastic restaurant, it's well worth the price to be pampered so well.