“Loud A/C unit” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Loud A/C unit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have just spent a few days in this hotel. The room was nice, clean and ready, but the A/C unit was way too loud. Asked to be moved but I was informed that "all units make as much noise as the one in my room". I had to choose in between being woken up buy the noise or the heat. Conveniently located, the front desk attention was good, breakfast was repetitive but tasty and it was an overall OK experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet A/C unit.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Diego S,

I am very sorry for the discomfort you experienced in the room and unsatisfactory response you received from our team and offer my sincere apologies. We want to deliver an excellent experience to all our guests and take it very seriously when we fail. We are in the process of replacing noisy AC units and hope you will be happy with a newer model the next time you stay with us.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Am staying here because a family member is in the hospital nearby. Although it's not a "resort", of course, but simply a hotel, it's very nice. Quiet, very clean, and the staff is pleasant. Expected free breakfast (make your own waffles, hardboiled eggs, coffee, juice, premade egg omlets and sausage, yoplait yogurt on ice), pool and hot tub. The hot tub is huge, which is nice.

One review earlier said that they were disappointed by the bathrooms; not updated, etc. etc. The vanities are granite, the showers are fiberglass, okay, but good water pressure and good hot water. Clean. What more do you expect from a hotel like this? It's not a resort, so come on.

One huge disappointment is that I wanted to use the fitness room and when I went in all the exercise, cardio equipment, etc. was shoved and smashed together in the middle of the room, not facing the TV at all. It looked like a tornado had hit the fitness room! I asked the desk about moving them around to have some room between the weight machine in the middle of the room and he said "they can't be moved, they are all bolted to the floor; we can't do anything till we remodel next year"? Even the cardio cycles? Doubtful. I'm going to move the equipment around myself tonight so that the room is at least useable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Noazchica,

I am very sorry about the poor placement of the machines in the fitness room, and immediately sent our maintenance team to rearrange so there is more room to move and use them. The only one we can't move is the weight machine - at least until we remodel the room, which is scheduled for later this year. We'd like to offer you something in apology for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced and hope you will either identify yourself at the front desk (if you are still in house) or contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can make amends. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and really appreciate you including those remarks in your review. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show your our dedication to delivering an excellent guest experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Way too noisy air conditioners moved to another room and had the same problem and you could hear people next to you and above you all night. They need new air conditioners. Very old need to update need to put led lights in elevators very hot from the lights.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear l4140KHdonnam,

I am very sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies for the discomfort you experienced here. I have reported the malfunctioning air conditioning unit in your guest suite to our maintenance team, who will resolve the issues you reported. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further. We do have a significant remodeling project planned for later this year, and I hope you will be pleased with the results the next time you stay with us.

Santa Fe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was attracted to the Hampton Inn because I was traveling on a budget. The hotel is clean, functional, offers complimentary breakfast, and has a free shuttle which I took advantage of. I opted to not rent a car since my trip was very focused. It was easy to walk to restaurants and pay for an airport shuttle.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Theresa W,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Scottsdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Love to stay here when we have to be in the Scottsdale area--everyone is super friendly and helpful. The weekday breakfasts are excellent, and all week they last until 10 AM. We've been staying at this hotel periodically for the last 14 years, and the service and staff have just gotten better over time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear James D,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for posting your wonderful review about you many stays with us. I'm glad you know you can count on us to deliver the best in service and accommodations, and we really appreciate your compliments and recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again during your future visits.

El Pao, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopping at the end of a 7 day Disneyland trip. This hotel made us feel at home. From the heated pool (loved it) to the cookies in the lobby and the help with the complimentary toiletry items needed, this experience was great. Area of town great as well!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ernest C,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and posting your nice review and rating about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback and it is always gratifying when it is as positive as yours. Compliments about us after experiencing the excellence at Disney is high praise indeed, and we really appreciate you kind words. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed in the off season for business. It was very convenient to where I was headed. No noise since their was hardly anyone there. I had an early morning and the breakfast wasn't ready when they said it was, but I only had to wait a few minutes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Keith B,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your nice review. I am sorry that breakfast was late while you were here and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd? Share your experiences!