“Treated like ROYALTY!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Derry, New Hampshire
“Treated like ROYALTY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

These people should give classes to other hotels. They really know the meaning of making their customers "feel special". There's a sign in the lobby I noticed when we first arrived that said, "If you are not happy with our service, you don't have to pay.". By the end of our stay, I understood what they meant. We got FULL complimentary breakfast every morning, rooms made up same time every day. The refrigerator needed to be cooler, I bought some food, they had 2 different employees come up to my room to make sure the refrigerator was working properly. I kept demagnitizing my room key and they kept replacing without a blink. Just smiled and happy to see me. The hot tub and pool were to die for and peaceful. No screaming children. I asked for information about local parks.l.they went above and beyond to give me all sorts of information on them. The whole staff was friendly and attentive. I felt so welcome and will use them again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your comments and 5 star rating. We know there are many hotels in the area, and we do everything we can to make sure all our guests are happy they decided to stay with us. We really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done, and look forward to the next opportunity you give us to serve you here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Edenkoben, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

To make friends. The ideal starting point for Phoenix and all of Arizona.
Breakfast, all day coffee and juice and cookies.
For dinner, I recommend the restaurant next to it.
Especially Greetings still love to the lady Jody from the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, and for for sharing your nice comments. Macaroni Grill, next door to us, is one of our favorites, too, and I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. Jody is terrific, and I'll be sure that she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you.
Bosque Farms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I checked in for a weekend conclave of HypnoBirthing practitioners, and found the hotel to be wonderful. The room was very clean, and the a/c unit was a dream -- quiet and efficient. The beds were very comfortable, with great pillows. I wish they'd bring the continental breakfast to my house! The afternoon guy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, and in spite of lots of demands on his time, he kept his cool. This was my first experience with a Hampton Inn, and it's made a believer out of me!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your comments. Traveling can sometimes be stressful, and we want the time spent in our hotel to be stress-free and enjoyable. I'm thrilled to hear that we have made you a fan of Hampton, and hope you are able to be our guest again in the future.
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for a week in September. Found the room very comfortable. Great beds, roomy and clean. Only possible negative is the noisy window mount air conditioner. However, after the first night we got used to it. Very nice pool. Good complimentary breakfast and newspapers. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: A room facing the pool avoids the noise coming from North Scottsdale road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourself while you were here, hope you will allow us to serve you again soon.
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We are so comfortable at this hotel....seems like family. We've stayed here 3 times in 6 wks: obviously we really like it. The front desk (thank you Jody and Casey and Irvin), the breakfast hostess, the shuttle drivers...all recognize us and make us feel at home. One time our shuttle driver was caught in traffic and would be late to our Mayo appt., but Casey at the front desk grabbed her purse and said, "Come on, I'll drive you." Really now...would we stay anywhere else in Scottsdale? Rooms are nice, Hampton bedding exceptional, breakfast room roomy and food variety good.
But
I wish they had eggs w/out meat in them. And mmmm I miss those cinnamon rolls at HIE.

Room Tip: Since this hotel is pet-friendly and we're not, we like to stay on the 2nd floor where no pets h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you very much for making us your home away from home while you are in Scottsdale. I konw you have a lot of hotels to choose from, and we want to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of everyone who stays with us. I will share your comments with our team, and make sure Jody, Casey & Irvin receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you every time you are in town.
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a very pleasant mid-price hotel in north Scottsdale. Close to downtown, shopping and restaurants. Convenient to Mayo Clinic specialist bldg.

Our room was pet friendly, with a separate door opening onto a small shared patio. The bed was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of pillows. Very nice.

Breakfast is provided on-site in a charming room. Hot choices include eggs and potatoes, fresh oatmeal with dried cranberries and almonds. Several choices of coffees and tea and juices. Coffee service is available all day.

This is a scrupulously clean, very cozy little hotel.

Irwin at the front desk was a real joy. So polite and so pleasant. I would promote him, if I were the boss. He is head and shoulders above the others. He knows how to treat a guest.

Judy, isn't really suited to hospitality. Making guests cool their heels while has a cigarette break is unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for commenting about last year's visit to our hotel. I'm sorry about the poor treatment you received from Jody and will review this with her so that this won't happen again. Irvin is one of our best and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again soon.
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am a Hampton fan and this experience lived up to the friendly corporate culture Hampton seems to share with the majority of their properties. This hotel was near my colleague's law firm and convenient to good restaurants and freeway access. I arrived late and was met by Jody at the front desk. Jody is one of those people who simply makes you smile and feel good, no matter how tired and hot you are. She knew I was expected and called me by name when I checked in. Unfortunately, the room I was given had a soggy carpet from a faulty air conditioning unit. I called Jody and she immediately brought up a new key to a different room and all was well. The rooms themselves are average for a Hampton. A bit dark, with a small window (the rooms looking out on the pool provide a nice view, but in the winter months might be a bit noisy), and older construction. The bathrooms were spacious and updated with a granite countertop. The TV was a flatscreen HD model, and the room included a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. One thing I appreciated was the extraordinary number and placement of electrical outlets. More than enough to charge phones, computers, etc. Breakfast was your standard Hampton offering. Everyone from housekeeping to Jody at the front desk were happy and pleasant. Since the hotel was slow, I was able to check out late and stay and work in the room. All in all, a good stay despite the soggy beginnings. If I come back to Scottsdale, I would stay here again. The pool and hot breakfast will appeal to families too.

Room Tip: Rooms surrounding the pool have a nice view and the ground floor has a sliding door to a small patio...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience here. I'm sorry about the soggy beginning, and agree that Jody is wonderful. I'll be sure that she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We hope we can welcome you back and thank you in person the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd? Share your experiences!