“EXTREMELY GOOD HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Arlington
“EXTREMELY GOOD HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very Nice and clean hotel, excellent breakfast served every day and excellent dinner served every week day. When traveling this a true money saver! Nice pool if you have children and a nice work out room as well.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mele K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Scottsdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Glendale, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

They left a young new girl running the check in desk on a Friday night. I had prepaid for the room and she could not figure out how to process my deposit for incidentals. She ended up charging me over $250. Whoever came in to help her (seemed like a manager) had an attitude when I went to the desk to address it. I was renting two rooms for my daughter's wedding the next day at a nearby venue. I was trying to hurry to get to the rehearsal and the new girl had tried to run three different cards so I was afraid my bank would put a hold on all of my accounts. The manager with the attitude called the bank to reverse the charges. They ended up calling me during my daughter's wedding rehearsal and I could hear her sighing and she became irritated when I asked the bank to check my other accounts. When we returned back to the hotel late that night, the bridesmaids went into their room and pulled out the sofa bed to find a mattress with a very large urine stain and the corner all torn up. The maintenance man was mortified. It was just a lot of extra stress during a time when I could've used less stress. There were also long curly hairs all over our bathroom which clearly did not belong to any of our family and the hallways and elevator are either not air conditioned or they were trying to save money on their electric bill

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello Shayla D.,

Thank you for taking the time and giving me your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that you incountered during your stay and regret to hear that your stay with us was an unpleasant experience especially during such a stressful time as you mentioned it was during your daughters wedding. I will address these issues with my front desk staff as well as housekeeping staff. We will take your comments into great consideration as we stride to continually work and improve our guests' experience. Our Goal at Homewood Suites is to make everyone feel at home and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future so we can demonstrate our commitment for our overall service and give you a positive and comforting stay with us.

Jessica Torres
Watrous, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Staff were friendly, and very helpful. Close to tons of shopping and restaurants, and close to Amy's baking company:). This is where Gordon Ramsay stayed if you are a fan. Pool is outside, and very nice. Breakfast was awesome, waffles with strawberries and whipping cream...yum.Rooms are quiet. When navigating here, the Homewood sign is obscured by a plant so look for the mountain view street sign, the turn is right there

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We love helping our guests feel more at home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is the place I stay, staff very helpful and breakfast and dinner are very tasty, fresh fruit W/breakfast. I did a little family BBQ while there. If I did not want what they cooked I had a full,equipped kitchen to cook for myself. You feel right at home. Shopping all around,very nice neighborhood.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review on our fabulous complimentary breakfast and dinner. We are always looking for ways to help make our guests feel more at home away from home. See you on your next trip to Scottsdale.
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

All the front desk personnel were friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful with anything and everything, as were the complete housekeeping staff and the maintenance department. Felt Like everyone was one big family. A very enjoyable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. Our goal is always to create an "at home" feel for our guests, and we are happy to hear that you felt like family. See you soon.
Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this wonderful Homewood Suites while in Phoenix/Scottsdale to attend a baseball tournament with my 16 y.o, son and his friend and this was a great location. The tournament was held at the CHicago Cubs minor league facilities in Mesa and we were only 12 miles from there so the drive back and forth was not bad at all.

As usual, the rooms are suites and we had a two double bed suite which was perfect with the two 16 y.o's who had the beds (very comfortable according to them)) while I had the sofa sleeper (ok but it is a sofa bed after all). You can't beat the size of the rooms, the placement of the sink outside of the shower/toilet area, the full size frig )which allowed us to bring water and Gatorade from home and store them in the frig), the stove top and microwave to cook and warmup food if needed. This allowed the boys to enjoy their privacy and allowed me to keep my insanity. Never had an issue with the A/C.

The hotel is very well kept, no trash floating around, very long hallways, a good size pool, nice lobby with a big screen TV (watched the World Cup semi finals and finals on it), good selection of breakfast items and plenty of places to sit and eat without feeling rushed or crowded. I enjoyed how the property was always kept clean especially after breakfast hours ended. Plenty of parking but if you came back to the hotel late at night, you might have a slight walk to the entry doors.

NOTE: The property does not have ice machines, but they got around it by bagging and storing ice in the freezers in the snack shack, so save yourself some time and don't walk the property looking for the ice machine. If they happen to be out of bagged ice, just let the front desk agent know and they will let you into the kitchen to access the ice machine that they have.

The staff was always friendly, housekeepers had smiles on their faces, engineering was on the ball (saw the engineer in the lobby by the stairs, let him know that the door lock to the stall in the men's room had fallen apart and he was right on it) and the front desk staff was great (a big shout out to Jessica W, she had nothing but smiles, put up with endless questions and was so friendly that the GM should make it a point to hold on to her).

The hotel is located in a residential/business area of Scottsdale, has easy access to restaurants (chain, independents, mom and pop), close to the local freeways (2 miles, 5 miles and 5 miles) and of course the gas stations.

I always felt safe while driving to and from the hotel and in the hotel itself.

When I am in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area again, I will make sure to make this hotel my home away from home once again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us! Jessica W is most definately a great asset to our team here and she appreciates the shout out. We always strive to do what we can to make our guests feel like family, and to feel as if they are at home. We look forward to having you as a guest at our hotel again. See you soon.
tulsa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

the hotel has what is needed to be comfortable and all provisions available so you don.t have to go all over to eat or relax. Breakfast variety was great hot or cold or dry goods and fruit. As well as traditional eggs bacon hash brown and biscuits. When I came in from a long conference having dinner there was perfect, no cab to or from a restaurant or cost for dinner wondering where to go and how far. Use of the tech center equipment making boarding passes the day before relieve the anxiety of not being in my home office to do these tasks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mele K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Our complimentary breakfast and evening reception are definitely some of the amenities that make us a preferred hotel here in Scottsdale. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. See you soon.

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale? Share your experiences!