Stayed at this wonderful Homewood Suites while in Phoenix/Scottsdale to attend a baseball tournament with my 16 y.o, son and his friend and this was a great location. The tournament was held at the CHicago Cubs minor league facilities in Mesa and we were only 12 miles from there so the drive back and forth was not bad at all.
As usual, the rooms are suites and we had a two double bed suite which was perfect with the two 16 y.o's who had the beds (very comfortable according to them)) while I had the sofa sleeper (ok but it is a sofa bed after all). You can't beat the size of the rooms, the placement of the sink outside of the shower/toilet area, the full size frig )which allowed us to bring water and Gatorade from home and store them in the frig), the stove top and microwave to cook and warmup food if needed. This allowed the boys to enjoy their privacy and allowed me to keep my insanity. Never had an issue with the A/C.
The hotel is very well kept, no trash floating around, very long hallways, a good size pool, nice lobby with a big screen TV (watched the World Cup semi finals and finals on it), good selection of breakfast items and plenty of places to sit and eat without feeling rushed or crowded. I enjoyed how the property was always kept clean especially after breakfast hours ended. Plenty of parking but if you came back to the hotel late at night, you might have a slight walk to the entry doors.
NOTE: The property does not have ice machines, but they got around it by bagging and storing ice in the freezers in the snack shack, so save yourself some time and don't walk the property looking for the ice machine. If they happen to be out of bagged ice, just let the front desk agent know and they will let you into the kitchen to access the ice machine that they have.
The staff was always friendly, housekeepers had smiles on their faces, engineering was on the ball (saw the engineer in the lobby by the stairs, let him know that the door lock to the stall in the men's room had fallen apart and he was right on it) and the front desk staff was great (a big shout out to Jessica W, she had nothing but smiles, put up with endless questions and was so friendly that the GM should make it a point to hold on to her).
The hotel is located in a residential/business area of Scottsdale, has easy access to restaurants (chain, independents, mom and pop), close to the local freeways (2 miles, 5 miles and 5 miles) and of course the gas stations.
I always felt safe while driving to and from the hotel and in the hotel itself.
When I am in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area again, I will make sure to make this hotel my home away from home once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Phoenix/Scottsdale hotel is located in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona just three miles from the Scottsdale Airport, making it the perfect accommodations option for anyone traveling to the Phoenix area for business or pleasure. Our hotel has convenient access to world-class golf, shopping, recreation, biking and hiking trails and all that makes Scottsdale a vacation destination in high-demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Homewood Suites Scottsdale
- Homewood Scottsdale
- Hilton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Hilton
- Scottsdale Homewood Suites