“Great Hotel to Stay at In Scottsdale” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9880 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Cypress, California
“Great Hotel to Stay at In Scottsdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this wonderful Homewood Suites while in Phoenix/Scottsdale to attend a baseball tournament with my 16 y.o, son and his friend and this was a great location. The tournament was held at the CHicago Cubs minor league facilities in Mesa and we were only 12 miles from there so the drive back and forth was not bad at all.

As usual, the rooms are suites and we had a two double bed suite which was perfect with the two 16 y.o's who had the beds (very comfortable according to them)) while I had the sofa sleeper (ok but it is a sofa bed after all). You can't beat the size of the rooms, the placement of the sink outside of the shower/toilet area, the full size frig )which allowed us to bring water and Gatorade from home and store them in the frig), the stove top and microwave to cook and warmup food if needed. This allowed the boys to enjoy their privacy and allowed me to keep my insanity. Never had an issue with the A/C.

The hotel is very well kept, no trash floating around, very long hallways, a good size pool, nice lobby with a big screen TV (watched the World Cup semi finals and finals on it), good selection of breakfast items and plenty of places to sit and eat without feeling rushed or crowded. I enjoyed how the property was always kept clean especially after breakfast hours ended. Plenty of parking but if you came back to the hotel late at night, you might have a slight walk to the entry doors.

NOTE: The property does not have ice machines, but they got around it by bagging and storing ice in the freezers in the snack shack, so save yourself some time and don't walk the property looking for the ice machine. If they happen to be out of bagged ice, just let the front desk agent know and they will let you into the kitchen to access the ice machine that they have.

The staff was always friendly, housekeepers had smiles on their faces, engineering was on the ball (saw the engineer in the lobby by the stairs, let him know that the door lock to the stall in the men's room had fallen apart and he was right on it) and the front desk staff was great (a big shout out to Jessica W, she had nothing but smiles, put up with endless questions and was so friendly that the GM should make it a point to hold on to her).

The hotel is located in a residential/business area of Scottsdale, has easy access to restaurants (chain, independents, mom and pop), close to the local freeways (2 miles, 5 miles and 5 miles) and of course the gas stations.

I always felt safe while driving to and from the hotel and in the hotel itself.

When I am in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area again, I will make sure to make this hotel my home away from home once again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mele K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us! Jessica W is most definately a great asset to our team here and she appreciates the shout out. We always strive to do what we can to make our guests feel like family, and to feel as if they are at home. We look forward to having you as a guest at our hotel again. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
tulsa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

the hotel has what is needed to be comfortable and all provisions available so you don.t have to go all over to eat or relax. Breakfast variety was great hot or cold or dry goods and fruit. As well as traditional eggs bacon hash brown and biscuits. When I came in from a long conference having dinner there was perfect, no cab to or from a restaurant or cost for dinner wondering where to go and how far. Use of the tech center equipment making boarding passes the day before relieve the anxiety of not being in my home office to do these tasks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mele K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Our complimentary breakfast and evening reception are definitely some of the amenities that make us a preferred hotel here in Scottsdale. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. See you soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Arrived in Scottsdale as the 3rd stop on a 10 day multi-state/city tour.

LOCATION

The location of this hotel was great for us since it was in a very nice area and had plenty of stores/restaurants around to get whatever we needed no matter what hour of the day/night. About 14 miles from the Phoenix city center but has plenty around if you are looking for a safe place, with stores/restaurants and don't want to stay in the middle of the city of Phoenix.

ROOM, PRICE, CLEANLINESS and COMFORT

The price of the room was about $170 per night (without tax and with my AAA discount). We got a three (3) room suite which contained a small kitchen to the right as soon as you walk in, then a small living room with pull out sofa as you walk forward and then two separate bedrooms with a queen bed in each, along with a bathroom in each bedroom. The bathrooms were huge and had a dual shower (one fixed and one detachable). The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were spotless also. The queen beds were very comfortable, but the sleeper sofa was your average sleeper sofa (not very comfortable). The size of the living area was very small as we had 3 people and it was a bit crowded to sit down and watch TV together unless you sat on one of the kitchen chairs. Also the bathroom did not have a standard smooth tub. Instead it was the tile type setup that you would find in the showers of college dorms. I did not like the feel of the tile on my feet as I felt like I was showering at a "wash off" shower at the beach.

The A/C worked fantastic and the beds were very comfortable. Fridge kept things cold, stove worked well and everything was clean. Besides the tile in the shower and the small living room, my biggest knock would be the price. Even though the room was great, I think $170 per night for the area WITH a AAA discount is a bit steep considering it was two (2) weeknights. Final bill was $387.56. Maybe the area of Scottsdale is more expensive than Phoenix...maybe I booked too late and room rates went up.

BREAKFAST and OTHER AMENITIES

Breakfast was included in our room price but we never got up for it. So I am sorry to say I cannot give a review on the breakfast, but can tell you that the people were nice and the bill was under the door the final morning. It was also nice that there was plenty of parking and the hotel does NOT charge per day for a parking fee.

Although the price is a bit high, if you are looking for a nicer area to stay in than Phoenix, I would suggest checking this hotel out. The neighborhood is safe, the room is clean and comfortable, just know that things in Scottsdale cost a bit more than Phoenix. If I am heading to Scottsdale again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are fortunate to be at such a central location here in Scottsdale. Our complimentary breakfast and evening reception are also some of the convenient amenities that we take pride in offering our guests. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

No problems at this hotel. The little 'apartment' felt very homey and comfortable and I enjoyed my stay. The water pressure was good (not always the case at hotels), and the a/c worked very well. I can't rate the bed because I have to sleep on my own aerobed mattress wherever I go. But I guess the bed is okay for most folks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jessica T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us, and we hope to see again the next time you're in Scottsdale.
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is nice. We've stayed before and liked it. It's very close to everrything (dining, entertainment, attractionc etc.) The hotel itself more than meets the needs of the average person. Friendly and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our Scottsdale location. We are delighted to hear that you are a returning guest of ours. Please give us a call next time you plan to visit us so that we make sure you are in the room location you prefer.

Our central location is very convenient for many of our guests, glad to hear that it helps with your Scottsdale visits.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Jessica Torres
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Okay I've been here more than 5x. Mainly because of customer service, quality service, and price. I am the type of person that checks the bathroom for little hairs on and around toilet. I also check the beds. Everything is clean. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. Mainly the front desk, drivers and cooks. Maintenance people so, so. Now I tip house keeping especially when they vacuum because I have kids that drop an occasional crumb or two. I know it is hard work. Not all of them vacuum fyi.
Nice pool outside....didn't get in much because of all the extracurricular activities available in Scottsdale. Location of Homewood is nice. I like the fact I'm walking distance from CVS so I can spend more money on food to cook in the room. I don't think that you would be disappointed staying her. It's a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello D'amica,

We are excited to hear about your pleasant stay with us. Please give us a call next time you're planning on visiting your home away from home in Scottsdale.

See you soon!

Jessica Torres
Fruita, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We like to eat fresh foods and are often unable to find what we want in restaurants, plus we are not excited about the sizes of portions or the costs of restaurant meals. So we seek suites, where we can buy what we want and fix our own. When we are attending a conference, this setup gives us affordability plus time to relax over our meal before returning to meetings. Homewood Suites allows us this comfort and compatibility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

That's great to hear that you were able to take advantage of the kitchenette area in your suite. It's our goal to do what we can to help our guest feel comfortable and at home during their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale? Share your experiences!