“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I rarely write reviews but felt I must share with others my positive experience when I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale for six weeks. The choice of hotel was very critical for me as I was staying for an extended period of time for health reasons. I spent a lot of time researching hotels and chose this hotel based on the amenities and positive reviews. It met my expectations on many levels and will now be my hotel of choice when I come to the area.

Cleanliness is very important to me as I am well aware of the high risk of bedbugs in places with frequent travelers; this is a risk in hotels of all levels. I did a very thorough check of the room upon arrival and all was fine. During my stay, I was pleased to experience the high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel. This gave me a big sense of relief and peace of mind.

Customer service was first-class. This was important to me as I often was not feeling well and to know that my questions or concerns would be immediately addressed by someone caring and friendly made a big difference in my experience in a new place for the first time. Just the genuinely friendly hello by staff every morning was much appreciated. Unlike my experience at other hotels where I had no idea who the manager was, Jessica Torres is a visible presence and I was able to easily access and talk to her; she was also very personable and helpful. I was also struck by the personal approach overall of the hotel's functioning: a guest-of-the day program, receiving letters about the hotel's goings-on (some of them with my name printed on them vs. a form letter), an introductory/welcome letter from the head of the cleaning services...much appreciated.

The kitchen area had all I needed to cook for myself, including dishware, pots, silverware, etc.--that was great. I had requested a quiet room and it was very quiet--I had no sound disturbances during my stay. The bed was surprisingly comfortable (I have back problems so this was wonderful) and the black-out curtains were a great addition. The hotel is centrally located so it was very easy for me to find my way around a new town and the area is very safe. There was an updgrade to the internet/movie service during my stay so there are now many more options for TV/movie viewing.

For my long stay, I also was able to accrue Hilton Honors points which will allow me free stays at this hotel chain in the future.

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. I felt very welcome and had high quality service and amenities. I am a perfectionist and very picky so if I can be satisfied, most people can!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I checked in I felt welcomed. The evening meals were great, had tilapia, rice and green beans. Everyone at the front desk (Joy, Jennifer, Cora & Jessica-GM) to shuttle drivers (Jay, Anthony, forgot the other gentleman's name) made you feel as if you were staying in there house. I had to go to the Mayo Clinic and they always gave a ride with a smile. This hotel's employees go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and valued!!

• Stayed November 2012
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night before flying out. The hotel staff were great and the room was really comfortable. The room was at the side of the hotel by the swimming pools so was lovely and quiet.

The Kitchen had everything we needed and was able to use the Business Suite to check in online.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First, I want to say the staff without exception was terrific.

The rooms were terrific, and I like the setup where kitchen/living area, and bedroom are individual.

The breakfast and evening lite meals were also great.

Add in a very useful van available to take one anywhere within a 5 mile radius.
And very reasonable rates to boot.

This was my 4th trip to the beautiful city of Scottsdale, my 1st stay at Homewood. I intend to stay there now on future trips, and I was very pleased with my prior hotel choices, but Homewood was far superior.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a great and friendly hotel - I was here for business several times and can only recommend it.

What I like
+ Large apartment size rooms
+ Kitchens with fridge, freezer and coffee machines included
+ Large beds
+ Very quiet
+ Very clean
+ Dinner provided with free beer and wine
+ Breakfast delicious
+ Small food and drinks sections for purchase
+ Nice cozy setup - feels like a family home

What I don't like
- nothing

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had stayed at the Homewood Suites in San Diego so when it came time to find a place to stay for eight days while renovation of our home was being completed the Homewood Suites seemed like the ideal spot. We needed a place where one of us could easily get ready for work and the other who works from home had a convenient place to set up a mini office. The hotel was very busy so we were unable to get a two bedroom suite which we wanted due to the work at home situation. However, even though the space was a little tight in the one bedroom suite, the bedroom had a nice size work desk and the bathroom set up and size was large enough for two people to get ready in the morning. The staff was extremely helpful especially when we had to extend our stay. Even though the hotel was packed solid they worked out a way so that we could stay in the same room for a couple of extra days for which we were truly grateful. They not only serve a nice breakfast but also a good light dinner buffet offering from Monday to Thursday along with complimentary wine and beer. The food was always fresh and hot and any special requests were taken care of immediately. The warm oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies at the front desk each evening was a nice touch.
There was plenty of parking and you couild walk to several shops and restaurants. We would recommend the Homewood Suites and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the north side. Some rooms on the south side look out to a roof top only and can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is nice to deal with a known quantity. The suites offer the ability to manage the balance between a good place to relax and a good place to work. while the kitchen facility is basic, there is enough to pull together a simple nutritious meal. If you don't want to cook for yourself, breakfast is provided. The weeknight evening meals are posted in the suites. The furnishings were functional but could use an update.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the reception as it can be a hike to the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale? Share your experiences!