“This place is perfect for families” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fall Fun Getaway Package
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Orange County California
“This place is perfect for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We took a chance and booked the Gainey Suites Hotel for our trip with the grandkids this summer. The two bedroom apartment style rooms appealed to us and the included breakfast and evening reception sounded like a great idea with kids. My concern was the location , the common pool design, and the quality of food. All my fears were completely for nothing because we had an AMAZING stay. The staff are the most friendly and helpful ever. Even the maids smile and greet you in the mornings. The food was delicious and varied every morning. The evening reception had big healthy salads and again a variety every evening. The kids could easily make dinner out of it. Us adults enjoyed snacking at happy hour and then going out for a light dinner but certainly one could make it their dinner if the budget was stretched. The pool was lovely and the kids liked it a lot because the depth was great for their heights, they are 8 and 10 and there were other kids to play with too. For the price compared to the competition this place was a bargain and we would not hesitate to come here again next year. We bought Groupons for all kinds of great entertainment. Horseback riding, water parks, western towns, movie theatres, we tubed on the Salt river. The summer is hot but there are such discounts and you are often indoors or in the water or evening plans that it was not bad at all. The kids loved the trip. Saying it was one of their favorite vacations. The accomodations were perfect for all of us. It is not probably a place for a couple who wants quiet and it is not fancy but it is beautiful and clean and comfortable and very very friendly and the location is great to just about everything.

Room Tip: We had a first floor near the pool which made it easy for the family to get to the pool and to the r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Across the street from Hyatt Gainey Ranch. Appetizers at evening reception was great. Shopping center with a good selection of restaurants literally shares a parking lot with the hotel. Most rooms do not have a balcony or patio, which is a disappointment. The pool is basic, but luxury amenities around it. Padded chairs, water features etc. The outside ambience of bar and seating area quite relaxing. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great hotel! Friendly and hard working staff from front desk to kitchen and wait staff and pool people and housekeeping. Had an early flight so checked in early and they had a room ready for me. I had said on my reservation I might need early check in and they had it ready. I had already asked for courtyard pool view since I had seen it on the reviews and so glad that I did. I had been upgraded to the courtyard pool view which was nice. The pool staff worked very hard making sure there were plenty of towels and also cleaning the pool and wiping down the chairs all the time. The breakfast was definitely worth it! Good food and plenty of options. The kitchen and wait staff were friendly and hard working also. The evening reception was like a meal and very good also. I ate a big breakfast and then grabbed a banana and yogurt to eat as lunch. The room was very nice and modern and clean. There was a full kitchen and it was nice. If you want a place to go I would recommend a short walk over to Paradise Bakery and Café where I was able to get a fountain drink and some good cookies. I would recommend taking something you can get water in. I had a water bottle from the airport and would fill that up and freeze and take it to the pool. I had a great time my last night there. Overall a great hotel that I highly recommend. Will stay there again if I go back to Scottsdale. Thanks!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I recently had a long weekend at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale and had a wonderful time! The rooms are spacious, well designed, and include a convenient kitchen. Not that you have to use it very much, as complimentary breakfast and "appetizers" are provided, which turned out to be quite substantial if you ask me! Great place to bring a family, great location, and a great pool. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room against the outer perimeter, which buffered against pool noise in the courtyard nicely...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Voorburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

It was a perfect stay (16-18 June 2014). We booked a standard room but we got upgraded to a junior suite. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a living room with a very wel equipped kitchen inbetween. Very stylish decorated with nature stone tiles in the bathroom. The swimmingpool is great and also the breakfast as well as the complimentary finger foods and salads/snacks in the evening. We also used the gym wich was very nice and clean. Also located close to Old Town Scottsdale (lovely). Hotel is definitely recommended! Also when traveling in june which is a dry month (90% humidity) make sure you drink enough water against dehydration. Escpecially when your not used to the desert! If you like shopping, next to the hotel at walking distance there are some nice boutique shops. For the real shopping go to Arizona Malls in Phoenix!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I attended a two week workshop in Scottsdale and stayed at the Gainey Suites. The staff was super friendly and made me feel welcome during my entire stay. The breakfast and dinners were great and I loved the kitchen and fridge. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Forney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Beautiful accommodations! The outside appearance is not very impressive. But, once you enter lobby & patio/pool area you are transported to a world of relaxation & comfort. We stayed in one of the 2-bedroom suites, with full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave & stovetop. TVs are provided in both bedrooms & living room. Beds are quite comfortable. Breakfast provided each morning was the best I've had in a hotel setting. And...the evening receptions with complimentary wine/beer & food were awesome. You could also purchase drinks at the bar. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Gainey Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!