“Excellent Stay at the Four Seasons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

You added Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   10600 East Crescent Moon Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 (Troon North)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
USD 100 Resort Credit
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Lewisville, Tx
“Excellent Stay at the Four Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I traveled to Scottsdale, Az with my family of 8 (Texas and Minnesota) during the later part of June and early July. As a whole, the family stayed at another nice resort property in the area. However, I took a day to splurge on myself and enjoyed a night at the Four Seasons Resort, Troon North.

During check-in, I was given the utmost attention. And immediately after checking in, I was off to my casita which was a short distance from the main lobby.

My stay was indescribable. I was quite impressed with the hotel as it appeared in the foothills of Pinnacle Peak. And the abode "casita" was amazing and breathtaking all at once. I adored the fact that the room was not attached to the hotel, but separate. The room was very spacious and very colorful, and the bedding was so soft and comfortable.

I observed these huge rock formations right outside my patio along with the desert scenery that was so gorgeous to gaze upon. And what peace and serenity I experienced during my stay. I only wish I had stayed for several more days.

I had preordered a selection of tequila, which had been delivered to my room prior to my arrival, along with chips and salsa to snack on. I am so pleased that I took the time to do this, because I thoroughly enjoyed sampling each variety of tequila, and a mixture of salsa with oranges that was delectable. I will have to recreate this salsa recipe because it was very flavorsome. I decided to order room service versus going to the dining room. After drinking the delicious shots of tequila, I felt the best decision for me at that time was to remain in my beautiful casita. I had a scrumptious dinner for one that was so enjoyable. I look forward to staying at the Four Seasons again, but when the temperature is cooler. On a scale of 1 to 5, I rate the FS 5. Thank you for a magnificent stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and acknowledge the great experience you had with us.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our adobe-style resort setting, the comforts of your room, and our and peaceful views. I appreciate the positive feedback, and that you had a great stay!

We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I come here to have fun and relax and it is still great. The residence club has great rooms especially the large premium ones which feel like your living in a house. Kids club is amazing starting for kids age 5. This place is all about service and just being here. Housekeeping everyday and lots if fun on site activities

Stayed July 2014
southern cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

According to recently posted reviews, there are a lot of happy guests at the Scottsdale Four Seasons this summer and we’re among them! We just returned from a 4 days stay (making this our 2nd annual visit) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves again. From check-in to check-out, we received 5 star service from Reception, Porters, Doormen, and Restaurant, Housekeeping and Pool staff….. Four Seasons hospitality at its best. Thank yous to Karla Reyes, Front Desk Supervisor and Kyle, Kofi, Eduardo, Bojan and Rosalie.

We enjoyed wonderful breakfasts and dinners at Proof….the blueberry waffles are amazing! Be sure to try their awesome version of Beer Can Chicken for dinner. We missed dinner at Talavera as it was only open the night we arrived and we felt we were too road weary to enjoy it. We opted for light appetizers at Proof and an early night instead.

Be sure to treat yourself to a Prickly Pear Margarita poolside….very refreshing and of course, it can be made without alcohol if you prefer. And, we discovered we could split 1 margarita….served in 2 glasses which preserved the slushy state for longer than a few minutes in 113+ degree heat! Thank you Christian for your helpful suggestion! The hotel’s salsa, guacamole and Sangria are special and worth ordering as well.

Last year we stayed in a Premier Casita, this year we opted for a 1 bedroom suite. Both room categories were nicely appointed and kept immaculate. It was pleasant to sit outside on the patio for a nightcap and some star gazing (AND the lightening show on our last night).

Special thanks AGAIN to Richie at Whatahotel.com by Lorraine Travel. The agency is a "Preferred Partner" of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts and offers complimentary perks like room upgrades, complimentary breakfasts, and food and beverage credit…..very nice to have and we appreciate Richie’s personal attention.

See you all next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback after your most recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and you plan to make it an annual visit! Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

Again, thank you for your valued feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

5 days of business and pleasure at this fabulous 5* resort last week and what an incredible resort the Four Seasons Scottsdale is!

First of all, I have stayed at most of the 4-5* resorts in PHX area (Boulders, Phoenician, Montelucia, Biltmore et al) and none can compare to the FS Scottsdale...not even close.

Service is impeccable.. from valet, front desk, pool attendants, wait staff et al.
Grounds are lovely and the rooms are appointed beautifully.
Beds are wonderful and the high thread count sheets are divine.
L'Occitane en Provenance products are my fave and they have the lotion and soap.

Robby, the Front Office Manager was awesome and so helpful...can we clone him?

Food and drink at Proof was fantastic and the staff and GM, Tim, were extremely nice to us on the patio while the haboob was going around us.
Dinner at Tavalera and Onyx patio was delicious and the views of the city lights with the misters to keep us comfortable from the daytime high of 117 degrees was a plus.

Can't say enough how fab this resort was to stay and I travel the world in search of 5* resorts and I've finally found one that is perfect in every way.

They have some great deals during the summer and the $139 a night is a huge bargain for a resort of this caliber.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from the resort grounds, room amenities, the staff and especially our service. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Four Seasons Troon North is our go-to destination for a relaxing get-away. My husband and I discovered this gem eight years ago and have made at least one trip each year since. We like to visit in July when temperatures are warm and we can enjoy the pool and spa.
The location is great; it's just outside of the loop in the foothills overlooking the city. It feels remote, yet it's just a short drive to shopping, restaurants and attractions.
The casitas are beautiful and well-maintained; always spotless. Love that this is not a high-rise.
We love everything about the resort, but what keeps us coming back is the service and the people. From the moment we arrive, we feel like we have come home to family. They remember us and call us by name.
Eduardo usually greets us as we drive up and takes us to our room. The fact that he remembers us each year is amazing.
Tara and Olivier manage the pool area and Saguaro Blossom - they go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. Their team is outstanding, including: Christian who brings treats around; servers Justin, Damr, Kathryn and Ray; Chris at the bar.
Proof restaurant has a wonderful hostess each morning; wish I could remember her name but she's been there for years and always remembers us with a smile.
Emmanuelle is one of the many chefs at the resort; we met him walking towards Proof one morning and I noticed he was carrying some of the resort's famous hummus and I commented how much I liked it. A short time later we were sitting at breakfast and he came out with a complimentary serving of hummus for me! Our server Fawn helped us pack it up to take back to the room.
The Onyx bar is great in the evening to sit and watch the lights of the city. Ian and Shannon are delightful servers. We've known Ian for years and he continues to rock the service there.
Sherrie, the manager of room service, is unbelievable. She truly takes pride in her work. Part of her job is to deliver the "surprise" treats the resort is known for - you will return to your room and just find something there to snack on. We were able to meet her this year and thank her for all of the wonderful goodies that just show up, unannounced.
Thanks for another great year, Four Seasons Troon North! We will see you again next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; basically the same layout. Only difference is the view. And quite honestly...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your most recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. Our employees are one of our greatest assets and it is their dedication and hard work that allow us to build lasting relationships with our valued guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This year was our 10th summer in a row at Four Seasons Scottsdale. As it was the best ever.
You can check out my other reviews for more details and tips, but as for this year:
Check in as always is incredibly smooth, and we haven't had a single visit where our room was not ready for us.
The rooms are 450-500 sq ft, so they are very roomy, and because they are casita style, with very thick walls, and the rooms are staggered, you hear nothing from the other rooms, so they are very peaceful. We prefer a first floor room so that we have an Arizona patio, which means it is set into the building and fully covered. So if it is too sunny, or like for us, it is Monsoon season, you can sit out on the patio and enjoy the show. The beds are heavenly, Keurig coffee service, L'Occitane amenities, and a huge bathroom make it perfect. We always request a small fridge, and this time a microwave and they were both in our room at check in.
The decor of the entire resort is a very artsy desert motive. So it is rich, but subtle. This is not a city FS, so don't expect that type of opulence. This is quiet, relaxed, 5 star luxury without pretension.
But the service level is still very much FS. (Ratio is 2 to 1, staff to guest) When you have staff approaching you from behind, and still calling you by name......you know you have arrived.
I can't say enough about the pool service, cabanas with misters, constantly refreshed ice water, the pools (family, adult, and childrens) are spotless. But without a doubt, as everywhere else, it is the service that excels. Christian has taken over the duties of making the rounds with fruit, smoothies, ice cream, cleaning your glasses, etc. and he loves his job, and we loved him.
Proof is the main restaurant based on a Route 66 theme with food from around the country. We had breakfast and multiple dinners there are were impressed every time. The Cubano sandwich, chicken and waffles, and of course their housemade ice creams, are excellent.
We also had one dinner at Talavera, which is the fine dining on site. I had the New York strip, my wife had the sea bass, my son the house speciality half chicken,and we all agreed each was the best of its kind we had ever eaten.
But without question, the highlight of every trip is room service. This is a not to missed treat. Sherry (Room Service Manager) has an innate sense of how to make every part of having a meal in your room a event to remember. And every member of her team embraces that sense of service along with her. The service at this resort is certainly 5 star, but Sherry exceeds even that.
And then there is Brianne (pastry chef and sugar artist), Kofi (at valet, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet), Christian and his pool treats, Shaun, sommelier at Talavera, Lial at the front desk, and Jordan & Damir at the pool. Amazing staff. And when you arrive and have a had written note from the Regional Vice President and General Manager (thanks Vince), and multiple nights of coming back to your room with treats (truffles, macarons, Sangria and chips, etc. you know that you have found a piece of paradise. Thanks again for making our summers special for the last 10 years. And we will be back again, next year.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are more private. Upper rooms have more of a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a mini vacation at the four seasons resort.
What a beautiful property.
It is a little off the beaten track, but what a gorgeous peaceful setting.
We had a lovely spacious room with mountain views from our balcony.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The food was delicious.
I would definitely stay at The Four Seasons Scottsdale again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!