“Great business & leisure hotel with many amenities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16620 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop & Drop - $50 For You
Ranked #13 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great business & leisure hotel with many amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night towards the end of March in 2010 and was pleased with my stay. The hotel has plenty of amenities for business & leisure travelers that include a fridge and microwave in the room, flat screen television, free wireless internet, great hot breakfast, and good conference room facilities. The hotel also has a nice pool outside with a hot tub that I did not use, but would be great for families with kids.

The bed was very comfortable and the only negative aspect of the room that I found was that the window a/c unit was very noisy. Luckily it was a cool night when I stayed here so I just turned on the fan function of the window a/c unit and it was much quieter. I am a light sleeper so I definitely would have had trouble sleeping with the noisy a/c unit on.

Overall, I would probably stay here again since the rate was very reasonable and amenities included were good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I had had a rough flight and was exhausted than I check in to an unresponsive desk clerk (waited a few minutes before anyone came to the desk!) After checking in, the room that was "ready" was not clean-- I found hair in the tub among other things in the room. I travel to a lot of hotels from a variety of chains being both Hilton honors and Marriott rewards elite. I was so dissatisfied, although they didn't charge me for the room, I checked out and went to the Courtyard hotel across the street. Great area and location but kind of scary to find this hotel tucked behind a gas station. Difficult to find.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in December for some business a couple of blocks away. The hotel was perfect for my purposes. Very clean, very nice rooms. Nice flat screen TV's with plenty of channels. The desk area was large and comfortable to work at. The best part was the breakfast - I'm a Hilton Diamond member, so I've experienced quite a few free breakfasts, and this was amongst the best. Hot eggs that were fresh and delicious, bacon and everything else you'd wish for. The staff was polite and professional. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place - in fact, I'll be staying there again in a couple of days.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Date of stay 16 - 20 September 2009.
This was our third visit to Phoenix. Last time we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in the CBD area. Scottsdale is more relaxing and there are more shopping and food alternatives. This is a lovely Hampton - we had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen and balcony overlooking the pool. The adobe building has a Spanish or Mexican feel and there is a waterfall in the reception/breakfast area which is unique. The hotel has a shuttle bus that takes you to a range of shopping centres, airport and other places guests want to go. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are 2 Italian restaurants very close by, plus the Tilted Kilt pub and another more upmarket restaurant. We enjoyed our stay at this Hampton very much and would stay here again when visiting Phoenix. It was very easy to drive into downtown to visit the Heard Museum and other places.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

This was a fairly standard Hampton. Clean, comfortable, spacious, pleasant decor. I thought that the carpet in the hallways and elevators looked shabby and spotted with stains. Staff member at check in was not the most welcoming. Lobby and breakfast area very nice. The room was just average and for $160 a night I was expecting it to be more than your average Hampton. The location is fine for shopping but it is a good 20 minutes to downtown Scottsdale. I would not stay here again considering the mass of hotels and resorts in the area that look to be much better value.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I required an extended stay ( over a week) in Scottsdale for my trip to Mayo Clinic. I have been in pain for many years and finally had the chance to get some answers from Mayo. I was a little apprehensive about staying in a hotel because all I wanted to do at the end of the day was relax and not be bothered. Hampton Inn exceeded my expectations.

We stayed in a two room suite, which was bigger than my first apartment. Everything we could have needed was available in our room. Toiletries, pots & pans, dishwasher detergent, etc. The room was clean, bright, and fresh.

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone that I talked to had a smile on their face!

The morning breakfast was quite adequate. There was something for every taste. Every morning something new was served. Hot coffee is served thru the day, and there is a hot snack at night. If you get hungry and don't feel like leaving the grounds, there is a small shop that has snacks and microwaveable meals. Also, the hotel is surrounded by many restraunts and take-outs.

I utilized the office area while I was staying. Everything was functional and in well supply.

The hotel is within easy driving distance from either Mayo campus. We had no problem navigating the major streets.

I cannot belive that the Hampton Inn is in the category of two star hotels! With the service that I recieved, it felt more like a four star treatment! Great value!

I would reccommend the Hampton Inn for any type of traveler.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
coast range, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Very good hotel for the business traveler. I had to spen a full work week while at corporate HQ and the hotel was perfect for just this. Internet was solid, breakfast was fine, room was comfortable, TV was a flatscreen and location was quiet. Nothing was fancy, but everything was very nice. Great workdesk in the room and it was set up so I could have TV on while working. Shuttle was great for getting to restaurants (lots in the area). It was nice to have a little refrigerator in room to keep a couple cold ones in room too! Staff was friendly, but at least on the two times I asked, weren't overly knowledgeable on area restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale? Share your experiences!