“Fantastic staycation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4925 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Formerly Caleo Resort & Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Fall for FireSky
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chandler, Arizona
“Fantastic staycation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the resort and were extremely impressed! From the moment we pulled up to the front lobby, we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff.
We stayed for 2 nights and spent a lot of time at the pool, which is a very relaxing area!
The one big shout out we would like to mention is to Sarah at the pool; her knowlege of the resort and her exceptional attitude was amazing. She is a true asset to your property! Thank you Sarah!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Fan tastic review! I will be sure to celebrate Sarah, our Pool Ambassador. She has made a postive impact in her new role. Thanks for the review and I hope you plan another trip back.
Cheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were here for one night, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Pool area is very nice and open late (with tiki torches after sundown), and the complimentary iced coffee bar in the lobby in the morning is absolutely lovely. Room was fine - no complaints, and parking is free. Only downside we experienced is they charge $15 for wifi usage, but everything else was lovely. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others! Note: check to see if they have any promos going on before you book - they sometimes have free drink offers included in your booking!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks! Just so you are aware, wifi is free when you join our Kimpton Karma rewards loyalty program and you can avoid the pay option. I am sorry we were not clear on this amenity for you. If you let me know what name the reservation was under, I will be happy to credit you back. You contact me through email or the direct line. 480-945-7666 Again, I appreciate the 4 stars.
Cheryl Martin, GM
NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We booked this hotel based on reviews. All hotels in AZ are reasonable in the blazing hot days of summer but you end up paying around 13% in fees and taxes on a 3 night stay. You also pay $15/day for WIFI!!!! The hotel and rooms are on the low side of average, worn and tired. Beds and linens were fine. Our room backed up to a side street with considerable traffic. The rooms on the pool side of things were drastically better, so be sure to request that if you stay here. The lobby was very nice and the pool and courtyard grounds were beautiful, with fire pits, waterfalls and lit trees. There are several seating areas placed throughout the area and many guests were toasting marshmallows on the pits and relaxing. Our four days, three night experience afforded no spare time for enjoying these aspects of the resort, but clearly that is where the rave reviews are coming from. I would certainly stay here again, but plan to utilize the outside areas that make it special...just know the rooms are comfortable but could pass for an economy motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
My apology if you paid for wifi. We offer it for free...all the time.... when you log in and sign up for our Kimpton Karma Rewards program at zero cost.to you. The City of Scottsdale requires the applied taxes and they can be annoying fo sure. I am happy that overall, you had a good experience. I appreciate the details you shared on Trip Advisor and hope you return to FireSky.
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Less than 24 hours before check in, we had to change hotels. Based on TripAdvisor, I called the Kimpton FireSky reservation line and was able to reserve a room for the following night. We are members of several top tier hotel rewards programs and have never stayed at a Kimpton property before. However, the superior customer service provided by entire staff at the FireSky has convinced us to look at staying at Kimpton properties during future travel. Beginning with the reservation agent at their 800 number (I think Andrea?), through a very late check in at the front desk with Alex, to the bartenders, doormen, pool attendants, s'more supplies offered by Alex and Rachel and eventually a regretful check out, we experienced outstanding service with a great attitude. Our room was clean with very nice amenities and our 9 year old loved the goldfish in our room. The first floor rooms have nice patios with seating (second floor has balconies) and the buildings are secure with entry by your room key. The pools were wonderful and cleaned every morning. One has a sandy beach entry and the main pool has beautiful torch lighting and waterfalls. Best part was they stayed open until midnight. That was great since it was 100+ degrees after dark! Our kids loved making s'mores in the fire pit at night and the sticks and supplies were available free at the front desk. There was plenty of seating at the pools, including covered cabanas, and big, fluffy beach towels were available poolside. We loved everything about this resort and would definitely recommend it for families or couples. Thanks, FireSky for rescuing our family from a potentially disastrous start to our tour of the west. Your staff and facility is awesome.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have patios. Upper floors have balconies, but no elevators. I think all rooms look...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband brought me here for 4th of July and my Birthday surprise. This amazing Resort is one of the best staycations I've stayed at, if you're looking for a mini Paradise this could be it. The Pool area is fabulous, surrounded by so much trees and greenery, you almost feel like you are in paradise on some island. They have a faux beach and a nice Pool/ Hot tub area. Although they only have 3 cabanas, the pool area have so much shady area for those wanting shade, and some good sunny areas as well. I so enjoyed that they also have fire pits and they give you items for you to make S'mores...speaking of fire pits, wow they are so gorgeous and so relaxing sitting areas...The rooms are a bit outdated but they are very nice, clean, spacious and quiet and in the morning they offer flavored coffee..they staff are so very nice and friendly..We will definitely come back :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear you enjoyed your staycation! The smore's conitnue to be a hit, reminds me of Girl Scout days....glad you loved the experience.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

From the moment I walked through the beautiful doors . . . the experience greeted me with "this is going to be special"! This first impression was the tip of the iceberg. From my first moment to my last at this resort I felt like I was visiting a favorite family member. The staff delivered something beyond customer service, it was as if they actually thought it though on the basis of "what would I want in a resort experience" We enjoyed Smores, daily happy hour, a spa experience that was like a favorite cozy blanket. My spa experience was highlighted by Audrey who felt like a long lost friend versus another massage therapist. The housekeeping staff was like that sweet aunt that wants to ensure you get a good nights sleep in a nourishing room that is promptly refreshed with ease when you return from a morning cup of coffee or tea. The shuttle service was like having a personal driver with prompt and safe delivery from destination to destination!

And the icing on the perfect cake; Sara! This awesome young woman actually listened to us when we spoke and responded with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and chilled bottle of champagne upon sharing a conversation with us about the loss of a loved one. She remembered our names, asked question and made conversation that was relevant and representative that she cared.

I shared this experience with a friend and she said "I ALWAYS have exceptional experiences at Kimpton Hotels"!

Thank You for creating an environment where our family had the opportunity to restore and share a special getaway supported by a special place! Firesky Kimpton Hotel created an environment to cement this new memory in the joyous metal Rolodex of our family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We visited the FireSky resort along with about 10 other family members. My husband and I stayed in the 200 building which was very convenient for pool access. We found the hotel to be very comfortable and inviting. The lobby and grounds are beautiful, and the staff is exceptionally friendly and efficient. We loved the loner bikes and the pool side service. The staff working poolside were extra friendly and lunch arrived quickly and was delicious every time. Can't beat the location we were able to walk to Fashion Square and Hike Camelback. And the hotel has a wonderful shuttle service. I gave this hotel a 5 star rating because I really enjoyed our visit. The only two things that were a little annoying were the leaf blowers used to clean the grounds in the early morning and the maid service. My husband and I like to wake up and enjoy our coffee outside unfortunately everywhere we went to sit on the grounds or pool area a maintenance man was sure to come right by us with a leaf blower that smelled terribly like gasoline. I appreciate them keeping the grounds clean but it's very unpleasant between the dust the leaves and the gasoline smell. Also housekeeping was unpredictable. We would leave the room early morning and return after 2 to a room that still wasn't clean. But surely the day of our check out the maid was at our door an hour before we were scheduled to check out. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would gladly return to the FireSky resort.

Stayed July 2014

Been to FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!