“Stunning shortcoming” 2 of 5 stars
Review of FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel

You added FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4925 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Formerly Caleo Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stunning shortcoming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

1.5 inch gap at the bottom of the door delivered every hallway noise right into my bed. Also, try a little wd40on your door hinges, the sqweaking is awful. Lousy morning sleep firesky. You prices make this experience incredibly disappointing in an otherwise beautiful hotel :-(

• Stayed July 2013
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am curious what room you stayed in as we have door sweeps on all of the rooms to avoid this type of unhappiness from our guests. A relaxing stay is our goal and I am sorry we let you down.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with great staff
Rooms big,cool and very clean
Pool side is not what it might seem as the pool level is higher than the rooms so the view is of a brick wall.
Seem to be a lot of weddings and with them an interesting cross section of people. At times the relatively small and shallow pool is over run with people standing in the water swigging beer from cans and others standing in the pool and eating their food from the pool edge.At these times the effect is of the cast of TOWIE meeting the Sopranoes to stand as close as rush hour passengers on the tube up to their waists in water.interesting to watch.
Overall a good base to explore from
Do not miss the bell forge of the artist Soleri or the house of the architect Frank Lloyd Wright or Scotsdale gun-club

• Stayed July 2013
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks! Our Scottsdale attractions are abudant, glad you soaked in the "local" culture. Have a great summer!
Carlisle, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Traveling on a business trip, I was recommended to this hotel. The property is beautiful, spacious rooms, and excellent service in all areas from the housekeeping to the front desk to the restaurants. The pool is well landscaped and even on a business trip it felt like a vacation. The outdoor spaces are plentiful and it's a perfect place to have a business meeting outside or grab a drink with a friend. Excellet proximity to everything - quick drive from the airport and easy access to highways; only 2 hours to Sedona and 3 1/2 hours to the Grand Canyon. FireSky Resort is a hidden gem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I just spent a few days here with a friend on a golf trip.
The staff were incredibly courteous, polite and friendly. They looked after us really well. The service was fast on everything.
The location of the hotel is great. We were able to basically walk everywhere near the fashion mall, entertainment area and into old town Scottsdale. Close to restaurants and shops.
They have a shuttle service if you want to go anywhere within 3 miles. Drove us to the Phoenician and came and picked us up right at the 18th promptly once we finished
The rooms were nice and clean with balconies and chairs to relax on. Bathrooms also really clean and had great big rainfall shower heads.
Went to the spa for a massage which was fairly reasonably priced. It's a resort and spa so I knew I would pay a little more but nothing to extravagant And the spa staff were really nice and friendly.
The pool area could be bigger and I could see it being a little crowded during the busy season but that would really be the only downside.
But if you are thinking of going to stay in Scottsdale I strongly recommend Firesky.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed four days at the FireSky Resort near the end of May and found it to be a most beautiful and exciting environment. The theme is the elements of nature, particularly fire, and especially at night. The center courtyard with its 3 flaming pillars and sliding tree lights on waving palms, amidst a swimming and wading pool all make for a most enjoyable evening, when the air is a little cooler and the sun is down. Free coffee is available all morning long and the staff is friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: You might want to select a room that opens onto the courtyard in the center--a much better view is t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
You got our story!! The FireSky represents the Elements of earth, air, fire and water. I am glad that you experienced who we are through the water features, fire torches, sand beach, lagoon and airy lviing room not to mention all the beautiful landscaping around the resort. Thanks for writing your review to Trip Advisor and we hope to see you back soon! Did you happen to have a smore to roast over the firepits during your stay?
They are yummy
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We traveled from El Paso to spend the 4th of July weekend at the Firesky. This was our second trip there because we loved it so much the first time! On our second trip, it was even better than the first time. We even brought another family member along from Houston and she thought it was amazing too. The restaurant is excellent, the ambience is inviting, the manager, Cheryl Martin, is top notch. We will definitely be back again! The pool is just great. Lots of wonderful shade and quite comfortable in the morning, despite the heat! I highly recommend this hotel. It is just fabulous. The rooms are lovely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Some family members and my husband and I spent sat sun mon at the resort. (We've been to Firesky many times and aways felt well treated). We booked 3 rooms and registration was able to get us all in the same building..very accomodating. The service was wonderful, the rooms were nice, the smores were fun for the kids.
Then, on monday morning, we woke up to jackhammers..they were resurfacing the pool. (I would have chosen a monday in July to do this task also...you are inconveniencing the least amount of people.) The problem we had was we were not told on check in that the job would begin on Monday. If we had known, my husband and I wouldn't have chosen to spend a quiet morning at the hotel before our 12.00 checkout instead of leaving early to shop with other family members.
When I called the front desk to ask what that noise was, I was told they were resurfacing the pool, and the noise would continue throughout the day. When I said I didn't know about it, she flatly said "everyone was told on check-in". I said we were not told, but I received no response except "everyone was told". Well, we were NOT told, or we wouldn't have chosen too stay at the hotel in the morning.
What SHOULD have happened is she should have said: "I'm so sorry you weren't told. Please, have breakfast on us." That would have been the end of it, and I wouldn't be writing this poor review.
We were made to feel like liers. It was the last thing we were expecting after the great service we had over the weekend. Frankly, very I'm disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Ouch! That was certainly not the response I ever want my guests to hear! You are absoloutely right and we should not have been defensive. The pool resurfacing has presented challenges to my team and we obviously were not sympathic and understanding! I do CARE and will fix this!
GM

Been to FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!