“Such a beautiful place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel

You added FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4925 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Formerly Caleo Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado
“Such a beautiful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travelled to Phoenix for a medical conference at the Firesky. Their outdoor area is beautiful. The only drawback would be that you really have to be strategic if you want to be in the sun because of all the greenery and trees. That being said, it is just beautiful out there. The fountains and the pool area are gorgeous.
Checking in, the customer service from the Valet/bellman, front desk and concierge were top notch-always helpful and with a smile.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds comfortable. I am a member of their In Touch and with that, you get a $10 minibar credit with your stay-may not sound like much but the membership is free so why not? The housekeeping service was good, rooms were clean and items refreshed as needed.
I took advantage of the spa as we had the afternoon off and it was raining so no pool time :(. The massage was excellent. The spa itself, got very very crowded in the foyer while everyone showed up at the same time for their services. No biggie just seemed a little disorganized.
As a single female when I travel alone I do eat at the hotel restaurants quite a bit. Taggia is a good choice with good food and the wait staff really takes care of you.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool with a balcony are awesome!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed at Firesky and had a wonderful experience. We were there for my husband's company function. We were highly impressed. From the moment we entered the service was superb, they quickly took our luggage to be stored until our room was ready. We arrived very early in the morning and they gave me several ideas to keep me busy while I waited. Everything from getting breakfast at their restaurant (which we did and it was delicious) to taking their complimentary Escalade to the mall. We requested a non-pet room since my husband has bad allergies and we were traveling with our baby. They worked quickly to get the room ready before the normal check in time which I thought was so wonderful. Meanwhile, the baby and I hung out at the pool after getting my complimentary coffee. The weather was perfect so time went by quickly.

The pool was perfect, exactly like a destination resort. Many people inquired where I was when I posted pics on Facebook. They thought it looked gorgeous! There is a beach like side and a larger pool area, along with a spa. Brittany the poolside waitress was great as well. She made sure I was taken care of since I didn't have my room yet, she even got me more coffee. She went above and beyond, I want to recognize her for that! I ordered lunch at the pool and it was very tasty as well. We visited the pool a few times throughout the stay and the atmosphere was very relaxing.

Our room was so clean and spacious. It had everything we needed. The rooms were very quiet. We only heard people talking once and they were in the hallway. We had a bottom floor with a pool view. While we were there everyone was out on their porches enjoying the weather overlooking the pool.

The functions we attended were well executed. The conference part my husband attended was great, rooms were very nice and the drinks and food were well stocked. He said the service was very attentive. We also had an outdoor reception the food was delicious with a "island" theme which was the theme of the entire party. The formal dinner we had the following night with a cocktail hour was so delicious. Overall the events staff did a wonderful job.

The restaurant was delicious as well. The prices are on the high side, but that is the price for convenience as you would pay at any luxury resort. We had excellent service each visit breakfast and one dinner.

This boutique resort is a great choice for anyone planning a romantic, family, or company getaway. It is intimate yet feels big enough that you don't run into everyone all the time. It is within walking distance to the Fashion Square Mall. (We walked there 2 times). The mall has great shopping and a lot of little shops and restaurants surrounding it.

Tip: We were not Kimpton members prior to this trip and my husband joined and we were very pleased with all of the perks (I won't spoil the fun). It left a great impression with us and we hope to visit more Kimpton properties.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view if you can!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
clm037, General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
WOW! All I can say is....a heartfelt deep THANK YOU! It was endearing for me to read your review. As future guests of the FireSky rely heavily on Trip Advisor and testimonies such as yours to decide where to stay in Scottsdale, I appreciate the time you took to relive your memories online. I appreciate all the positive feedback, this warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face. Come back soon!
Cheryl
GM
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I meet my wife each year after her Conferencein January at the FireSky Resort in Scottsdale. It is romantic at night sitting by the pool around a fire pit looking at the stars. Coming form Canada being able to be outside at night in the winter time is great, but being able to be by a fire outdoors at a beautiful Resort drinking from a great wine and scotch selction with a cigar is perfect. The service is the best, everyone is so friendly and says hi or how can i help you. The ambiance is to die for...we love it and will continue to go every year.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Relaxing with a cigar, favorite beverage next to the firepit under the stars with personal service! What a beautiful picture you painted! I am thrilled you enjoyed your return visit to the FireSky! It hit 73 today and one of the reasons I live in this gorgeous city! Thanks for the review and we will see you back soon!
Cheryl
GM
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Walking around the FireSky Resort was absolutely beautiful but wish that the rooms were just as beautiful. Found that the room smelled musty and decor was blah, although the bed was very comfortable. Wasn't ever able to access the Internet during my stay and after several calls to the IT department it never was fixed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at FireSky between Feb 17 & Feb 23. The level of service is what makes this a worthwhile stay. They have a helpful, friendly staff. It is not inexpensive, Scottsdale, winter, & the start of spring training add to the cost. The room we had was ok, clean & comfortable. The grout in the shower needed to be removed and redone. Great location to old town Scottsdale.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding in Scottsdale. Beautiful lobby and pool area. Nice firepit and communal sitting areas. Nice hot tub that was warm and stayed open till midnight! Bar had great friendly bartenders! The actual property is old but Kimpton has done a great job with the renovation. Nice body products and love the complimentary "things that you forgot". I forgot hairspray and a nail clipper. They got me new travel ones complimentary! Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013
CherylMartin ., General Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We prefer "mature" over "old', but yes - we've been here awhile. Excited to be a party of so many past memories and looking forward to all the new ones. I hope your stay with us was among these. Thank you for the review!
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Firesky a few weeks ago. We LOVED it. We previously have stayed at Montelucia/Intercontinental in Paradise Valley, but we liked Firesky more. The location is great for walking to many downtown venues. We never took the shuttle but walked and drove to the sights. Our room was very nice and we were able to upgrade to a lagoon front room after our first night. The staff was excellent.
We also ate at the restaurant and completely enjoyed our food. Yum! We would have eaten there again if there were not so many great restaurants in Scottsdale. Our favorite was Davanti's Enoteca.
Our favorite part of the experience at Firesky was their lovely wine hour. We loved the bourban- laced hot cider with whipped cream. Super delicious! They even provide some classy appetizers with this.
I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Choose an inward facing room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
You're so kind....thank you! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Been to FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!